Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

miRack by mifki Limited - Live!!!

Comments

• @reasOne said:

@brice said:

@reasOne said:
    I have only one request, it's silly but simple....

A more graphic, yet basic app icon 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
    I really want to display this app on my iPad home screen but I just can't with the current icon lol
    I know I'm dumb, same with other apps like aparillo, great synth awful icon lolol

Black background and a simple attractive logo / image would make it all better 😗

Use the Shortcuts app > create new shortcut to open miRack > make a custom icon to your liking and assign it to the shortcut > add to home screen. Threat neutralized.

Ha! And dang I didn't even think of that! Good stuff man! Ty

Something like this maybe?

• The icon is the most unexpected request yet:) I personally like the current one but luckily now it's possible to change the icon from within an app on iOS, so maybe I'll add more icons for users to choose from.

• @mifki said:
    The icon is the most unexpected request yet:) I personally like the current one but luckily now it's possible to change the icon from within an app on iOS, so maybe I'll add more icons for users to choose from.

if you are on the hunt for most bizzare app feature requests, this forum is right place :trollface:

Regarding me, icon is perfect ;)

• oh:) superbe port!:)
    looking fwd for more machines.
    bigups Vitaly!

• @_mwallace said:

@reasOne said:

@brice said:

@reasOne said:

I really want to display this app on my iPad home screen but I just can't with the current icon lol
    I know I'm dumb, same with other apps like aparillo, great synth awful icon lolol

Black background and a simple attractive logo / image would make it all better 😗

Use the Shortcuts app > create new shortcut to open miRack > make a custom icon to your liking and assign it to the shortcut > add to home screen. Threat neutralized.

Lovely!

• edited September 2019

@rs2000 said:

@_mwallace said:

@reasOne said:

@brice said:

@reasOne said:

Lovely!

Thanks!

• @reasOne said:
    Doubtful... But will this release for iPhone ?

+1 @mifki Would love to use this on my iPhone X as it can handle a lot more than my iPad Air 2.

• @mifki said:
    The icon is the most unexpected request yet:) I personally like the current one but luckily now it's possible to change the icon from within an app on iOS, so maybe I'll add more icons for users to choose from.

I like the current logo fine. Fits well.

A way to record and export the recording out of mirack and into AudioShare or Files would be nice. I don’t even care about AU hosting. We already have plenty of great AU hosts. Plus, support for AU hosting must be compatibility nightmare.

• Yeah I can see the reasoning behind AU hosting, but I know it's a lot of work for stability (being a tester on most of the current AU hosts) and there's no vst hosting in VCV rack either. But someone has made a Vst fork of it...but haven't tried that.

• edited September 2019

@Carnbot said:
    Yeah I can see the reasoning behind AU hosting, but I know it's a lot of work for stability (being a tester on most of the current AU hosts) and there's no vst hosting in VCV rack either. But someone has made a Vst fork of it...but haven't tried that.

@Carnbot I thought VCV Rack had a hosting module?

• edited September 2019

@Jumpercollins said:

It could be an easy feature to miss, because it doesn't come free. The VCV Host module pack is $30:

https://vcvrack.com/Host.html

• edited September 2019

@Jumpercollins said:

@Carnbot said:
    Yeah I can see the reasoning behind AU hosting, but I know it's a lot of work for stability (being a tester on most of the current AU hosts) and there's no vst hosting in VCV rack either. But someone has made a Vst fork of it...but haven't tried that.

ok fair enough, it does have a commercial plugin then. But I don't use VCV rack much so I'm unaware of most of it's addons.

• edited September 2019

@Carnbot said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Carnbot said:

ok fair enough, it does have a commercial plugin then. But I don't use VCV rack much so I'm unaware of most of it's addons.

@Carnbot Yes the host module is by VCV the makers and as you rightly say $30.

I heard nex year there making it a VST / AU plugin rack like Reason 11, someone quoted £100 for that !

I picked up Voltage Modular in the recent sale which had hosting and is a plugin already. You get a better choice of modules in VCV rack at present so it’s swings and roundabouts.

• Great patch by Pierre-Alain

• edited September 2019

@mifki
    First of all congrats on the port everybody said it couldn't be done. Amazeballs. I saw a comment that visual modules were giving audiocrackles something that can be partially solved in the PC Mac software to lower the framerate in the code somehow. Can we adjust the framerate of this app too if it's heavy on visual modules like the scope? (from 60 to 15 I believe...)

This is awesome!

• Rendering is not a problem, even with reduced FPS it'll have to process all the audio samples. I'll check visual modules and see what can be done.

• Yeah I certainly wouldn't complain if it ever did get AU hosting, would be a compelling workflow :)

• Is there currently a way to get audio out of the app?

• @recccp said:
    Is there currently a way to get audio out of the app?

I think he’s adding Audiobus support soon but other than that I don’t know. I recorded the audio into Ableton via idam but that’s not really convenient

• @ZenEagle said:

I’d personally love to see the VULT analog filter emulations ported over; Ruiz’s modules are among the best I’ve heard on the platform.

me too. The Vult modules are the ones I use most in VCV. But this will possibly come as an IAP, as well as for other modules.

AU hosting is surely a thing that miRack will implement some day, but there's no confirmation at this time.

• @reasOne said:

@recccp said:
    Is there currently a way to get audio out of the app?

I think he’s adding Audiobus support soon but other than that I don’t know. I recorded the audio into Ableton via idam but that’s not really convenient

Yes! Combining our favorite plugins with it will be grand!!! Hoping for miRack becoming an AU host too...

• Anyone know if there is a manual , I can't find one.
    Need to know how to delete modules, I can't finger it out

• @reasOne said:
    Anyone know if there is a manual , I can't find one.

A two finger tap on any module will give a pop up menu. The delete choice is the last of the list.

• @Kandavu said:

@reasOne said:
    Anyone know if there is a manual , I can't find one.

A two finger tap on any module will give a pop up menu. The delete choice is the last of the list.

Rad !!! Thanks man

• What is the impact of this being forked before the 1.0 VCV Rack general release, do you think?

• Vca2 seems to be broken. It blows up when I feed a vco into it

• Same just happened with vca1

• Could be the scope that’s the problem

• @cian said:
    Vca2 seems to be broken. It blows up when I feed a vco into it

Can you upload a patch that demonstrates the problem?

• @gusgranite said:
    What is the impact of this being forked before the 1.0 VCV Rack general release, do you think?

1.0 changed plugin API (so most modules don't contain changes added after they switched to the new API), added polyphony (I'm not planning to do this in the near future), added multithreading (a different implementation of which I have, too), added keyboard (as in computer keyboard) note input (which is not relevant for obvious reasons), added a new module browser (doesn't matter either). Maybe something else, I wasn't following the development