Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Huge Updates for WOODSTEPPER! (1.5....)

  • Each sequencer now has 3 VCO's (was previously only 1).
  • Added Pulse Waveform to the VCO's.
  • VCO 2 and 3 can set the Pulse Width.
  • VCO 2 and 3 have a Pulse Width modulator.
  • Sampling panel now has a reverse button.

Love his apps! Super deep and twisted production niche manipulation tools!

«1

Comments

  • This is really a great update!

  • All of his apps are powerful and unique.

  • Held off on this. Have his other apps, good time to get this.

  • @auxmux said:
    Held off on this. Have his other apps, good time to get this.

    Yeah~
    It is intimidating at first but once you get into it ....it opens like a flower! LOL

    It reminds me of I don't know actually.....all his apps are so diverse and uniquely inspired.

  • I've watched three videos for this, and I still have no idea what Woodstepper does.

  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    I've watched three videos for this, and I still have no idea what Woodstepper does.

    That might be because it has different uses. Looking forward to digging into the update.

  • edited September 12

    @Trueyorky said:

    @ExAsperis99 said:
    I've watched three videos for this, and I still have no idea what Woodstepper does.

    That might be because it has different uses. Looking forward to digging into the update.

    So you're not going to tell me?!
    :)
    (In truth, my attention was divided, and I tend to turn off a bit when the sound source used to demonstrate a plugin is one I don't use myself, eg, Axon and Bs16i.)

  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    I've watched three videos for this, and I still have no idea what Woodstepper does.

    Same. :) Looks like should be impressive, but no one able to demonstrate this.

  • @UnoWoo said:

    @ExAsperis99 said:
    I've watched three videos for this, and I still have no idea what Woodstepper does.

    Same. :) Looks like should be impressive, but no one able to demonstrate this.

    Relaxes in the comfy not-alone bath...

  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    I've watched three videos for this, and I still have no idea what Woodstepper does.

    Yup, someone needs to do a new simple video for my simple mind.. maybe it's the layout.. perhaps it's the terminology.. it's deer-in-the-headlights in about 10 seconds flat.. it might just be one of those "works-for-some-not for-all" apps and that's OK too.. I already have a plethora of other music apps tucked away in the dark corners of my iPad that I rarely use.. they don't need any more company.. :D

  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    I've watched three videos for this, and I still have no idea what Woodstepper does.

    Same here 🤔

  • edited September 13

    Hi guys, this was my comment about this app a few months back...

    I am finding Woodstepper is capable of many different uses - this probably adds to confusion for some to understand what this app is. The reality is it can be many things - MIDI and audio sequencer, effects processor, sampler, looper etc., another great addition to iOS music. Top stuff 🙂

    See this thread...

    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/33126/woodstepper-from-woodmans-immaculate-maple-syrup-studio-is-out/p3

  • @Trueyorky said:

    The reality is it can be many things - MIDI and audio sequencer, effects processor, sampler, looper etc., another great addition to iOS music. Top stuff 🙂

    Even developer shy of demonstrating app. :|

  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    I've watched three videos for this, and I still have no idea what Woodstepper does.

    Yup. I love Reaktor and pd. watched those same videos and am still stranded on island huh?

  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    I've watched three videos for this, and I still have no idea what Woodstepper does.

    Glad to know I'm not the only one... ;) Still...I have a gut feeling it could be useful...

  • I saw like two videos that showed cool things but still, we are all lost lol..
    Full feature video needed please

  • @reasOne said:
    I saw like two videos that showed cool things but still, we are all lost lol..
    Full feature video needed please

    This what Uno not understand. No one have better understanding of app than developer, yet no promo video from him. :*

  • edited September 13

    Of course videos would help but the AppStore description is very detailed and includes a link to the manual. The manual also describes some examples in use.

    Doug did a live stream of this - see the first post above.

  • hi all,

    a few remarks

    • I just released version 1.4 and version 1.5 mentioned by Rust(I)K (who is beta testing) will come out in a few weeks as I am still adding more stuff, but now you know already some of the new features :-)

    • Besides the manual I also wrote a Getting Started guide which (I hope) should explain better how to use it (let me know if it is still not clear enough) :
      www.woodmansimmaculatemaplesyrupstudio.be/woodstepper/WoodStepperGettingStarted.pdf

    I know some people are expecting me to make some videos but people like Dough and Jason are specialised in making vids and hence do this way better than I could (one can't be a specialist in all fields :-).
    But please if you have specific questions about using the app, post them (here) and I will be pleased to answer them.
    Or you can also send them to my support email address : [email protected]

    Woodman

  • edited September 13

    Thanks, @woodman
    Hope this thread didn't seem rude, but how couldn't it? Sorry! It's just that this app is beguilingly mysterious.

    I get that there are many facets to it, but surely somebody could say "Woodpresser is a _____________." (And then you could surely add, But it's so much more!)

    So to be reductive: It's a four-track sampler/looper? Does that get closest?

  • @woodman said:
    hi all,

    a few remarks

    • I just released version 1.4 and version 1.5 mentioned by Rust(I)K (who is beta testing) will come out in a few weeks as I am still adding more stuff, but now you know already some of the new features :-)

    • Besides the manual I also wrote a Getting Started guide which (I hope) should explain better how to use it (let me know if it is still not clear enough) :
      www.woodmansimmaculatemaplesyrupstudio.be/woodstepper/WoodStepperGettingStarted.pdf

    I know some people are expecting me to make some videos but people like Dough and Jason are specialised in making vids and hence do this way better than I could (one can't be a specialist in all fields :-).
    But please if you have specific questions about using the app, post them (here) and I will be pleased to answer them.
    Or you can also send them to my support email address : [email protected]

    Woodman

    Ooooooh, it’s got pictures! Exactly what a doofus like me needs. Thank you!

  • @ExAsperis99 : no no I am not offended at all, it is interesting for me to know what people think, like, want or don't understand so that I can improve the app and the documentation
    yes (besides the more known Midi part) it is (4 times a) sequencer which either has (sampled) audio as a source or the built-in VCO.
    For the VCO part you could think "synthesizer" as it is also followed by an envelope and a filter (and more), the main difference would be that in a synth you(normally) have to keep pressing notes on your keyboard while in WoodStepper the 8 steps will use the VCO note in each step and repeat it after 8 steps as long as the sequencer is running.
    For the sampling part you could see that as the VCO note being replaced by an audio fragment ...

    @Philandering_Bastard : yes I added lot's of screenshots :-) again don't hesitate to let me know if I should elaborate more

    Woodman

  • HERE HERE! What’s all this I hear about wood stepping and maple syrup, and general confusion abounding?! Well I love maple syrup so seems like the proper thing to do is, upon @RUST( i )K s recommendation, try this WoodStepper and return later with my report... If I don’t return in a timely manner, then it has overcome me.

  • edited September 13

    @audiorangutan said:
    HERE HERE! What’s all this I hear about wood stepping and maple syrup, and general confusion abounding?! Well I love maple syrup so seems like the proper thing to do is, upon @RUST( i )K s recommendation, try this WoodStepper and return later with my report... If I don’t return in a timely manner, then it has overcome me.

    Approach with caution, Marge.

    EDIT: Oh, WoodSTEPPER, not -chipper.
    My bad, @audiorangutan

  • edited September 13

    @woodman said:
    I know some people are expecting me to make some videos but people like Dough and Jason are specialised in making vids and hence do this way better than I could (one can't be a specialist in all fields.

    >

    But whole point of thread that people already see videos, and still not ‘get’ all app can do. Yes, we can read manual, but much better to see. :)

  • @ExAsperis99 : haha a good one, maybe a name for a future app : The WoodChipper , now that I have a name I only have to figure out what it should do :-)

    Woodman

  • @woodman said:
    @ExAsperis99 : haha a good one, maybe a name for a future app : The WoodChipper , now that I have a name I only have to figure out what it should do :-)

    Woodman

    LOL

  • @woodman said:
    @ExAsperis99 : haha a good one, maybe a name for a future app : The WoodChipper , now that I have a name I only have to figure out what it should do :-)

    Woodman

    From the illustration it appears to turn the input into fine granules.

  • edited September 13

    @RUST( i )K said:

    @woodman said:
    @ExAsperis99 : haha a good one, maybe a name for a future app : The WoodChipper , now that I have a name I only have to figure out what it should do :-)

    Woodman

    LOL

    I know! Woodchipper - Bitcrusher, Distortion, Overdrive, Fuzz - all in one fx! @woodman

    Make it crackle with Woodchipper.

  • @auxmux said:
    I know! Woodchipper - Bitcrusher, Distortion, Overdrive, Fuzz - all in one fx! @woodman

    Make it crackle with Woodchipper.

    Uno understand Woodchipper app. :# Maybe buy on release!

Sign In or Register to comment.