Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Huge Updates for WOODSTEPPER! (1.5....)

13»

Comments

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Woodloofier is insane!

Interesting. How does it compare to other degraders, like Lo-Fly Dirt, DAWCassette in your opinion? Couldn’t find anything on YouTube for some reason.

I find it to be less dramatic yet more precise. And as with any Woodman app, highly modulation potential along with it being universal.

I find the Woodman apps as the high end of non 100% traditional FX.

I actually use WoodLofier presets because they are so good.

DAW Cassette is cool but not sure If Univeral.

Lofi dirt is a great app but the Woodman gives an extra layer of depth in the dialing in of unique frequencies IMHO

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Woodloofier is insane!

Interesting. How does it compare to other degraders, like Lo-Fly Dirt, DAWCassette in your opinion? Couldn’t find anything on YouTube for some reason.

I find it to be less dramatic yet more precise. And as with any Woodman app, highly modulation potential along with it being universal.

I find the Woodman apps as the high end of non 100% traditional FX.

I actually use WoodLofier presets because they are so good.

DAW Cassette is cool but not sure If Univeral.

Lofi dirt is a great app but the Woodman gives an extra layer of depth in the dialing in of unique frequencies IMHO

Thanks. On to the AppStore!

• @eross : if you have been playing with the midi out panel, you may have seen that the settings were not updated when the sequencer is running :-(
    will be fixed in next version (2.0.9)
    Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @eross : if you have been playing with the midi out panel, you may have seen that the settings were not updated when the sequencer is running :-(
    will be fixed in next version (2.0.9)
    Woodman

Is the app designed to send midi out through the usual AUM MIDI routing to another synth, for example?

• @motmeister : as far as I can see in AUM the midi out of WoodStepper is routed to the "AUM Destination" source which can then be connected to midi in destinations. Can you confirm this ?
    I 'll try to document the midi a bit better/more.
    best rgds,
    Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @motmeister : as far as I can see in AUM the midi out of WoodStepper is routed to the "AUM Destination" source which can then be connected to midi in destinations. Can you confirm this ?
    best rgds,
    Woodman

It would be great if it was updated to allow direct midi out to apps like other midi FX apps.

• @woodman said:
    @motmeister : as far as I can see in AUM the midi out of WoodStepper is routed to the "AUM Destination" source which can then be connected to midi in destinations. Can you confirm this ?
    best rgds,
    Woodman

Yes, the midi out of WS goes through AUM Destination, that does work. But then, if you had two AU instances of WS, they’d both go through AUM Destination. The only way to send each to a different synth would be using different MIDI channels, then. That’s inconsistent with how WS itself uses MIDI. Can’t you have an AU instance of WS show in the AUM MIDI sources list?

An example of this is ATOM piano roll, for examples. Each instance of ATOM shows up as a separate AUM MIDI source so you can route each ATOM separately to a different synth without having to artificially separate them by MIDI channel.

Thx for your response!

• @motmeister @gusgranite : I think I nailed it ... a bit more work and will be in next version ...

Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @motmeister @gusgranite : I think I nailed it ... a bit more work and will be in next version ...

Woodman

YES!!! great!

• @woodman said:
    @motmeister @gusgranite : I think I nailed it ... a bit more work and will be in next version ...

Woodman

oh excellent! can’t wait for that one

• This is one of those unique apps that if you feel it means a whole new way to explore making music on iOS