Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Huge Updates for WOODSTEPPER! (1.5....)

Comments

• @auxmux : yes good idea but I have already my WoodLofier app/plugin which does bit-crushing, clipping, overdrive, tape wobble, noise ...

• @woodman said:
    @auxmux : yes good idea but I have already my WoodLofier app/plugin which does bit-crushing, clipping, overdrive, tape wobble, noise ...

Woodlofier is such a wicked app!

• Full update is out

• Been threatening to buy this for a while now...
    Think I’m gonna jump

• Whoah. That's a lot of new stuff. Back to school....

• This is a step sequencer?

• Huge update. Thank you.

• That chordulator looks very interesting!

• wait what does the chordulator do?

• feeding audio (live, track) to WoodStepper, it finds the chord notes played (by a guitar or keyboard) and once found sends the notes to the 3 built-in VCO's in various ways.

Woodman

• @woodman said:
    feeding audio (live, track) to WoodStepper, it finds the chord notes played (by a guitar or keyboard) and once found sends the notes to the 3 built-in VCO's in various ways.

Woodman

oh that is pretty cool. thanks

• @woodman said:
    feeding audio (live, track) to WoodStepper, it finds the chord notes played (by a guitar or keyboard) and once found sends the notes to the 3 built-in VCO's in various ways.

Woodman

can that work with the midi out as well. basically play guitar into woodstepper, and have the midi notes exit woodstepper and sent to another midi instrument?

• good question and yes I just added a new feature in the midi out section : a meta command "follow VCO x" is translated in midi note on with the value set in the VCO (+pitch shifter)

• @woodman said:
    good question and yes I just added a new feature in the midi out section : a meta command "follow VCO x" is translated in midi note on with the value set in the VCO (+pitch shifter)

🧐very interesting. looks like i have some experimenting to do. thanks for the update

• That sounds cool, need to try that after I buy the app. :)

• @woodman getting pretty interesting results from the new chordulator, but could REALLY use a tutorial video on it. Is there one in the works by chance?

• @skiphunt : I'll try to make you one, no promises that it will be the best vid ever ...
    Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @skiphunt : I'll try to make you one, no promises that it will be the best vid ever ...
    Woodman

PLEASE please. Hasn't got to be the best, just simple and explainable :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@woodman said:
    @skiphunt : I'll try to make you one, no promises that it will be the best vid ever ...
    Woodman

PLEASE please. Hasn't got to be the best, just simple and explainable :)

Finally bought it. A video would be greatly appreciated.

• edited October 2019

@skiphunt @JohnnyGoodyear @Philandering_Bastard

More info from @woodman on FB:

"the (continuous) track audio is one possible source (fed into all the effects which can have different parameters per step) but the source can also be a sampled part of the track audio (samples are stored in the preset) or the built-in VCO's (in which case it resembles more a synth driven by a sequencer).

there are 3 types of parameters in WoodStepper : the global ones, the sequencer specific and the step specific. Currently only the global ones are exposed [as AU parameters]"

http://www.woodmansimmaculatemaplesyrupstudio.be

• @gusgranite said:

"the (continuous) track audio is one possible source (fed into all the effects which can have different parameters per step) but the source can also be a sampled part of the track audio (samples are stored in the preset) or the built-in VCO's (in which case it resembles more a synth driven by a sequencer).

there are 3 types of parameters in WoodStepper : the global ones, the sequencer specific and the step specific. Currently only the global ones are exposed [as AU parameters]"

Thanks G2

• @gusgranite said:

Gracias

• @skiphunt @JohnnyGoodyear @Philandering_Bastard @gusgranite
    hi all,
    here is my first video showing how you can use the new Chordulator. It's recorded in 1 take so no fancy editing ...
    let me know if this is useful and what you think about it (too long, too short, too complicated, more details needed, etc)
    best rgds,
    Woodman

• @woodman Thank you very much for this. I appreciate the effort and time taken. I found it VERY clear and straightforward. I actually have about 50 apps on my iPad I'd like you to do tutorials on when you have a moment :)

Thanks again :)

• @woodman Yes! That was very helpful. I'd figured most of it out but didn't know the arpegio timing was different.

I'm still a bit confused as to the destination setting Note1,Note2,Note3>Osc1,Osc2,Osc3 is doing exactly. Can you elaborate?

Also, can you explain what's happening when an OSC is being "followed"?

Thanks again! Really love to experiment in Woodstepper. I've mostly been leaving the chordulator armed with live input... which get's pretty interesting too.

• @skiphunt

• OSC 2&3 are normally following OSC1 : in VCO mode or in all Chordulator modes except for the 1,2,3 -> Osc 1,2,3, the note (frequency) of Osc2 & 3 is determined by the Osc1 note (+- some octaves). In other words you can't set the Osc2 and 3 notes to a value totally independent from Osc1 (there is also no UI rotary/popup to allow to set a value).
    • the only exception is that last mode where the 3 notes found are sent to the 3 VCO's, which should play the chord :-)
    • you could obtain a similar effect by using the note1 (etc) mode and use 3 sequencers each using another note of course giving you less possibilities to do other things with the used sequencers.

And 1 more thing I didn't talk about which is especially useful when following live audio, is the sustain : this fades out the chordulator notes until retriggered by new chord notes ...

I am always very interested in feedback of how you are using WoodStepper !

best rgds,
    Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @skiphunt @JohnnyGoodyear @Philandering_Bastard @gusgranite
    hi all,
    here is my first video showing how you can use the new Chordulator. It's recorded in 1 take so no fancy editing ...
    let me know if this is useful and what you think about it (too long, too short, too complicated, more details needed, etc)
    best rgds,
    Woodman

This was excellent, thank you and bedankt (ou merci)!

• Woodloofier is insane!

• edited November 2019

I’m confused about “midi out”. The app doesn’t appear in the midi sources in AUM. how do you route it to another synth?

After looking even further, I see very little information about MIDI out at all. Even doug says in his video that he’s “going to bypass MIDI...” or something like that. The getting started and help don’t give any insight either.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Woodloofier is insane!

Interesting. How does it compare to other degraders, like Lo-Fly Dirt, DAWCassette in your opinion? Couldn’t find anything on YouTube for some reason.