Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Free AUv3 ports of Mutable Instruments eurorack modules

1181920212224»

Comments

  • edited October 2019

    Hi, I think that someone asked this question before but nevertheless. In "Clouds" there is an option to choose audio quality which affects on buffer length and overall sound. Do we have that option here, in Granular? How long grain size could be?
    Thanks!

  • edited October 2019

    @burns_audio said:
    Just released Spectrum 0.6!

    MPE support is added - enable it on the "settings" page. You can use the "Basic MPE" factory patch as a starting point and route MPE dimensions to various parameters in the modulation matrix.

    Also:

    • Added dedicated "Velocity depth" knob to apply MIDI velocity to note amplitude.
    • Set default pitch for resonator / modal effect to 48 if no MIDI notes are sent.
    • Settings tab can be saved as default / auto-loaded on new instances.
    • Support for Sustain pedals.
    • Parameter grouping cleaned up.
    • Reduced the internal Plaits' string model polyphony to 1 to avoid weird bugs when a single spectrum voice ends up playing multiple notes inside the plaits engine. This was a bug, spectrums polyphony is still max 8 when using this model.

    thanks for the best free ios music app I ever used. Looking forward to a new and PAID app next :-)

  • Fantastic update!

  • Great update, love MPE!

  • Ive been spending the last few days in a hypnotic state after discovering this amazing port (my favourite eurorack modules are plaits, rings and clouds).
    In the mod matrix tab, I am wondering if you will allow any midi cc to be mapped to any parameter to provide more flexibility for modulation (I have noticed different parameters across each module share the same midi cc's) Also is there a way to add more rows of parameter mapping?

  • Put me in the camp of people who would like to see a paid version of this as well. I wasn't sure at first, but I'm glad I did not judge a book by the cover because the amount of sounds I'm wrestling out of this, and the texture of them, are simply fantastic.. Great work @burns_audio !!

  • @frthcomingstorm said:
    Hi, I think that someone asked this question before but nevertheless. In "Clouds" there is an option to choose audio quality which affects on buffer length and overall sound. Do we have that option here, in Granular? How long grain size could be?
    Thanks!

    I would also love this to be added, use it in miRack/VCV all the time. The 8-bit mode sounds great and increases buffer time to 4 seconds stereo / 8 second mono. From the Clouds manual:

    "Note that Clouds’ 8-bit is a lovely flavour of 8-bit: µ-law companding. It sounds like a Cassette, or a Fairlight - less hiss, more distortion."

    @burns_audio Also, I remember there was a reason why landscape scrolling wasn't easy to add, but could really do with it now that Nanostudio 2 is on iPhone!

    Great update, don't have any MPE stuff at the moment but this makes me want to pick up another Seaboard!

  • wimwim
    edited October 2019

    @Tatemae151 said:
    In the mod matrix tab, I am wondering if you will allow any midi cc to be mapped to any parameter to provide more flexibility for modulation (I have noticed different parameters across each module share the same midi cc's) Also is there a way to add more rows of parameter mapping?

    You can do this by automating the AU parameters rather than using cc control direct. The app exposes:

    • Input 1
    • Input 2
    • Depth
    • Out

    for up to 12 Rules.

  • @wim said:

    @Tatemae151 said:
    In the mod matrix tab, I am wondering if you will allow any midi cc to be mapped to any parameter to provide more flexibility for modulation (I have noticed different parameters across each module share the same midi cc's) Also is there a way to add more rows of parameter mapping?

    You can do this by automating the AU parameters rather than using cc control direct. The app exposes:

    • Input 1
    • Input 2
    • Depth
    • Out

    for up to 12 Rules.

    Amazing - thanks for this!

  • It feels greedy asking for this, but it would be neat in Plaits if 3 destinations were available for the Modulation Envelope and LFO (without having to turn to the matrix). That way all three of Timbre, Harmonics, and Morph could be readily modulated simultaneously.

  • @cretakano said:

    @frthcomingstorm said:
    Hi, I think that someone asked this question before but nevertheless. In "Clouds" there is an option to choose audio quality which affects on buffer length and overall sound. Do we have that option here, in Granular? How long grain size could be?
    Thanks!

    I would also love this to be added, use it in miRack/VCV all the time. The 8-bit mode sounds great and increases buffer time to 4 seconds stereo / 8 second mono. From the Clouds manual:

    "Note that Clouds’ 8-bit is a lovely flavour of 8-bit: µ-law companding. It sounds like a Cassette, or a Fairlight - less hiss, more distortion."

    +2! Would love to have access to the 4 different buffer lengths + qualities of the original. (1/2/4/8 secs, at 16 bit stereo/16 bit mono/8 bit stereo/8 bit mono)

    I must say, it’s been a real treat to use Granular/clouds as auv3. The more I spend time with it, the less I reach out for other microsound + delay + pitch mangling tools on iOS! Oh well...

  • Hi everyone,
    I recently got into iPad music from a hardware background. These apps are incredible and really open up a lot potential for sound design - thanks for the hard work!

    For me, Granular doesn't seem to appear as an AU module. I installed the suite a few days ago and have rebooted iPad several times since - still no sign of this instrument. Can anyone suggest how I can fix this?

    Thanks :)

  • @drewinnit said:
    Hi everyone,
    I recently got into iPad music from a hardware background. These apps are incredible and really open up a lot potential for sound design - thanks for the hard work!

    For me, Granular doesn't seem to appear as an AU module. I installed the suite a few days ago and have rebooted iPad several times since - still no sign of this instrument. Can anyone suggest how I can fix this?

    Thanks :)

    Granular is an Au effect, not an instrument

  • Thanks! I appreciate the quick help, I thought it was an instrument. I can see it now as an effect :)

  • @burns_audio Hey, the new update pretty much broke the Spectrum Synthesizer Bundle. It won’t resize at all, and when you do, none of the knobs work. It also has major UI slowdown issues when attempted to be stretched out or moved around in AUM. On Nanostudio 2, the knobs don’t work at all. I’m using it on my iPhone XS Max using iOS 13.3. ! Heres a screenshot

  • I just checked - on my iPad Pro 10.5 resizing works fine in AUM - Spectrum and Modal fill the AUM window unlike in your screenshot.

    BTW The new GUI look very nice

  • Hello! I've noticed that for most of the algorithms in the Spectrum module, the LFO seems to be permanently routed to the pitch. If I hold a note, the modulation fades in over about 5 seconds and then remains constant.

    Confirmed this modulation is coming from the LFO as it responds to changes in the LFO rate. I've disabled all routings in the matrix and elsewhere, but I can't get rid of this pitch modulation. I even disabled CC reception to rule out weird messages that may be coming from elsewhere but that didn't help.

    Anyone else encountering this? I'm pretty new to AUM and Spectrum so I may just be missing something silly.

  • edited January 20

    @unicity there is a modulation rule in the "init" preset that is "modulation envelope * LFO" -> pitch. Be sure to scroll to see all modulation rules. Also try the other factory preset (Blank) which does not have any modulations set up.

  • Oof I didn't realize I could scroll the modulation list! Thanks!

  • edited January 21

    @burns_audio I just got around to updating and I must admit I'm confused about the update to the UI. Didn't it used to scale? Now in AUM, it is a fixed-ratio rectangle. No matter how large the window is, I can only see 3 matrix slots, and need to scroll through them. the majority of the window is a black void.

    On the upside, it looks like you've cleared space in the LFO and ENV sections for another of each :-)

    anyhow, thanks again for your bringing these into the world. I'm not meaning to look a gift horse in the mouth, just curious if I'm missing something or it's simply not working right on my ipad.

  • @palms you raise a valid point! I needed to fix the aspect ratio of the app on the other screens so that I could plan the UI once and have it be consistent across all sizes and orientations, but there's no reason why views that have a bigger inner scrollable section couldn't take up more space when the containing window is larger. Not sure how easy it'll be to implement that but I'll take a look.

    Also I'm going to get rid of that vibrato modulation @unicity, you aren't the first person to get bit by it and it's not your fault

  • @burns_audio said:
    @palms you raise a valid point! I needed to fix the aspect ratio of the app on the other screens so that I could plan the UI once and have it be consistent across all sizes and orientations, but there's no reason why views that have a bigger inner scrollable section couldn't take up more space when the containing window is larger. Not sure how easy it'll be to implement that but I'll take a look.

    Also I'm going to get rid of that vibrato modulation @unicity, you aren't the first person to get bit by it and it's not your fault

    thanks for getting back on that. it's not a big problem, but in my case it felt like the UI stepped backwards in ease of use. I do understand that it's a pain in the ass to get things working well on different devices, so that makes a lot of sense. Don't worry yourself with it, as it's not really a big deal.. I'd much rather you spend the time and energy on filling in those empty spaces with more mod sources :) haha

  • All good @burns_audio !

    Honestly, if Spectrum hurled nasty insults at me every time I instantiated it, I'd still continue to use it because it's exactly the kind of thing I was hoping would be available for use in AUM (I haven't really used iOS for music in about 6 years so coming back and finding AUM and Spectrum has been a very pleasant surprise).

    Thank you so much for sharing your hard work with the rest of us. <3

  • Hi, does anyone know how to change the default pitch bend range in resonator? I need it to go to 48 for mpe compatibility.

  • cogwheel (settings) MPE Bend Range value?

  • Well, the only thing in resonator in settings is midi channel and cc control...

  • Resonator doesn't have MPE support at the moment because it's polyphony is controlled by the underlying Mutable Instruments Rings code which is sort of pseudo-polyphony.

    The closest you could get right now is the String and other comparable engines in Spectrum.

  • Thanks! Understood. I still need to adjust the pitch bend if possible to play well with some of my other stuff. I love resonator... very organic feeling. Thanks for your work!

  • The Release setting on the Amp Envelope doesn't seem to function when using the String model. I'm also inconsistently getting some weird behavior from it where notes sound wrong, some differently so:

  • @mogue said:
    The Release setting on the Amp Envelope doesn't seem to function when using the String model. I'm also inconsistently getting some weird behavior from it where notes sound wrong, some differently so:

    I'll see what I can do. The string model has its own envelope for the string decay and the LPG is disabled, so it overrides the LPG (which is what the amp envelope is actually controlling)

Sign In or Register to comment.