Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Free AUv3 ports of Mutable Instruments eurorack modules

Hi,

Apologies if you've seen me post about this elsewhere, figured I should add a thread here as it seems like the most popular iOS audio forum.

I've been porting Mutable Instruments modules to AUv3. Right now I've got Plaits functioning as a 8-voice polyphonic synth with mod matrix, and Elements working.

My plan is to get Rings and Clouds working as well and do an initial release by end of June. It will be free and open source since most of the heavy lifting was open source code to begin with.

There's a bunch of demos on my Instagram:

Cheers,
Tom

Comments

• Oooooooo, thanks for your hard work.

• @burns_audio said:
    Hi,

Apologies if you've seen me post about this elsewhere, figured I should add a thread here as it seems like the most popular iOS audio forum.

I've been porting Mutable Instruments modules to AUv3. Right now I've got Plaits functioning as a 8-voice polyphonic synth with mod matrix, and Elements working.

My plan is to get Rings and Clouds working as well and do an initial release by end of June. It will be free and open source since most of the heavy lifting was open source code to begin with.

There's a bunch of demos on my Instagram:

Cheers,
    Tom

Awesome!

• Nice one! B)

• What a time to be alive

• @eddielovesyou said:
    What a time to be alive

Gus loves you too!

• Excellent! 😺🌈🚀

• fantastic news and generosity!
    thank you!!!

• You had me at "free"...

• edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2019

@burns_audio said:
    Hi,

Cheers,
    Tom

Hi Tom,

I think you should charge a minimal fee, 99 cents or 1,99 euro. Up to you what you do with any return.

Regardless thanks for this, I use plaits and it will be great to have a version on iOS.

Thank you for making this happen. Also cool it will be open source like the original code, I might use some parts for the app (depending on cpu usage) I am making.

Trev

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2019

@EyeOhEss said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@burns_audio said:
    Hi,

Cheers,
    Tom

Hi Tom,

I think you should charge a minimal fee, 99 cents or 1,99 euro. Up to you what you do with any return.

Regardless thanks for this, I use plaits and it will be great to have a version on iOS.

Thank you for making this happen. Also cool it will be open source like the original code, I might use some parts for the app (depending on cpu usage) I am making.

Trev

Why? Charging for it takes away from the open source roots and also means any kid that has lame or poor parents won’t be able to use these... free ports seems like exactly what Emilie (the original coder of these) would like to happen and the kind of thing they envisaged when releasing the code. Not everything is about money.....thank god

I don’t believe the original coder has issue with such things like you. Let’s not take over the post with arguments.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@burns_audio said:
    Hi,

Cheers,
    Tom

Hi Tom,

Trev

I agree with you
    Open source or not..
    People should be rewarded for their efforts..
    And converting this to ios/auv3 seems a lot of effort to me..
    So a small fee is at its place..

• edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@burns_audio said:
    Hi,

Cheers,
    Tom

Hi Tom,

Trev

Why? Charging for it takes away from the open source roots and also means any kid that has lame or poor parents won’t be able to use these... free ports seems like exactly what Emilie (the original coder of these) would like to happen and the kind of thing they envisaged when releasing the code. Not everything is about money.....thank god

I don’t believe the original coder has issue with such things like you. Let’s not take over the post with arguments.

I didn’t say Emilie had issue. Just that people charging $ for iOS ports probably isn’t something that they’d find inspiring and what they would have hoped for.

If the dude porting these chose to charge for them, I’d have said ‘fair enough’. It’s up to them. But for someone else to actually try to persuade them to charge, that’s just strange and feels like it must have other motives behind it.

A lot of musicians that have iPads don’t buy music apps. But they’ll grab these because they’re free. And then maybe get hooked in to the platform..a lot of kids don’t have ability to buy apps, but they’ll be able to get these. Top quality instruments in the hands of any kid in the world that has an iPad. And for some reason you suggest that you’d rather this wasn’t the case? Just really odd...

Just my opinion man.

• Looking forward to these! Will they be universal? Thanks!

• @EyeOhEss said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@burns_audio said:
    Hi,

Cheers,
    Tom

Hi Tom,

Trev

I didn’t say Emilie had issue. Just that people charging $ for iOS ports probably isn’t something that they’d find inspiring and what they would have hoped for.

If the dude porting these chose to charge for them, I’d have said ‘fair enough’. It’s up to them. But for someone else to actually try to persuade them to charge, that’s just strange and feels like it must have other motives behind it.

A lot of musicians that have iPads don’t buy music apps. But they’ll grab these because they’re free. And then maybe get hooked in to the platform..a lot of kids don’t have ability to buy apps, but they’ll be able to get these. Top quality instruments in the hands of any kid in the world that has an iPad. And for some reason you suggest that you’d rather this wasn’t the case? Just really odd...

Just my opinion man.

Yeah, each to their own. I was just countering it with mine because someone trying to persuade someone else to monetise something that they had already chosen to make free didn’t sit well with me.

Yep each to their own views.

• @burns_audio said:
    Hi,

Fantastic!
    I really welcome the idea to keep the UI minimal and release the app for free.
    Also, thank you for adding the logic to make a module like Plaits usable as an AUv3 instrument!
    Please tell us how we can buy you a drink :smile:

• edited June 2019

about reward for hard work...
    there are always options like a page with
    "DONATE money via paypal" button or Patreon or others...

• edited June 2019

@[Deleted User] said:

@burns_audio said:
    Hi,

Cheers,
    Tom

Hi Tom,

Trev

I agree with you but would suggest a donation option outside of the app store. I can completely understand wanting to make the app free so that all can use it.

EDIT: Already suggested lol

• @[Deleted User] said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@burns_audio said:
    Hi,

Cheers,
    Tom

Hi Tom,

Trev

Just my opinion man.

I think charging a small fee doesn‘t make much sense economically for such a project. He is not making this for the money, and a fee would just give him a much smaller number of users. Thus, less return on investment.

• edited June 2019

@burns_audio

I can't say nothing else than i wrote you already on instagram.

Epic. Totally epic. Mind blowing. Beautifull. THANKS !

You are going to be one of most famous iOS developers with this :-)

I agree with you but would suggest a donation option outside of the app store

Yes please ! At least paypal donate button please !!!

• I've been following your ig and totally dig this

• @BroCoast said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@burns_audio said:
    Hi,

Cheers,
    Tom

Hi Tom,

Trev

I agree with you but would suggest a donation option outside of the app store. I can completely understand wanting to make the app free so that all can use it.

EDIT: Already suggested lol

I love the developer to get paid so yeah anything that can help this happen I’m for.