Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OCTACHRON MIDI Drum Sequencer AUv3 by Markus Teufel

Comments

• @drewinnit said:
    is anyone still having time sync issues with this app?

I'm considering buying Octachron to sequence Elastic Drums. If Octachron is still unreliable, can anyone suggest another audio unit that could sequence ED with probability per step?

Octachron is nice.. so is EG Pulse..

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Seems pretty slick - like the built in presets for other drum machines, needs even more of them though :smiley:

+1

• For me It’s great in AUM, the problem I had was in Audiobus3 only, the sequence would not reset to the host transport controls. So if your mainly using In AUM it’s great.

• Version 1.1.0 is out:

• @White said:
    Version 1.1.0 is out:

Nice!

• I love everything about this app.

• AUv3 parameter control. Yay!

• Hell to the yea

• Hell yes.

• edited January 2020

Just picked this one up yesterday before 1.1.0! It was already awesome but I am so pumped to see more updates happening.

• Love it, an awesome sequencer made better.

• Yes! It seems to stay in sync over start/stop in NanoStudio 2 now. Thanks so much!

• Does not load in AUM when opening project with previous Octachron version. Says “Numerical:Octachron is not installed”.

• I have two related questions about this app:
    Can each of the 8 tracks in Octachron send to a different MIDI channel? Or are they all bound to the same channel?

Can I also sequence a bass synth chromatically with this? Or it's just for drum hits being triggered from a certain Midi note per track?

• edited January 2020

@drewinnit said:
    I have two related questions about this app:
    Can each of the 8 tracks in Octachron send to a different MIDI channel? Or are they all bound to the same channel?

No, but just use a different instance for each midi channel required!

Can I also sequence a bass synth chromatically with this? Or it's just for drum hits being triggered from a certain Midi note per track?

Yes. Notes are freely assignable for the 8 tracks.

The update is great news! I was using it for the first time in while a couple of nights ago and was wandering if the dev had given up on this.

• Thanks for update
    Feels tight and in sync
    Had 4 octa's running 4 ruismakers last night, and never skipped a beat
    Sweet

• @ElectroHead said:

@drewinnit said:

The update is great news! I was using it for the first time in while a couple of nights ago and was wandering if the dev had given up on this.

Haven’t really dug deep.. but, it seems it can send to different channels..

• thanks for the answers guys, seems it makes a lot of sense to buy this app!

• Finally 2 or more Octachrons in sync running the RuismakerFamily .,, -! Love it!

Thanks for this update )

• @RajahP said:

@ElectroHead said:

@drewinnit said:

Looks like you have updated; the update hasn't shown up for me yet for some reason!

But, in the previous version, if you change the midi channel in the mapping for one drum track, it changes all tracks to that channel.

• Just updated, and yes, now each channel has assignable midi channel output! Cool!

• @auwerk said:
    Does not load in AUM when opening project with previous Octachron version. Says “Numerical:Octachron is not installed”.

Did the update break old projects? Haven't updated yet.

• @auxmux said:

@auwerk said:
    Does not load in AUM when opening project with previous Octachron version. Says “Numerical:Octachron is not installed”.

Did the update break old projects? Haven't updated yet.

Yes, in old projects Octachron instances are marked red and AUM shows error when I try to open them.

• _ki_ki
    edited January 2020

i just noticed that if you store your presets with the old version within Octrachrons preset system, they will be listed in the Octachrons preset browser of the new version.

@reinerspass The drum hits of these preset worked, but changing the global midi channel of such an ‚old preset’ crashed the plugin right after letting go of the global midi channel knob (but not while turning it). I tried to first save such a crashing old preset to a new name, but after opening that, the same crash still happens. I assume that this is the result of a changed preset format (allowing for midi channel per drum) and a missing ‚detection/conversion‘ of the old preset format. So maybe there are additional drawbacks of loading old presets with the updated octachron, i didn‘t yet test changing other settings of these presets.

Thanks a lot for the update ! Especially for adding the midi channel per drum and saved global midi channel feature, i already updated the midi generator list in the wiki :)

• That's annoying re the update. It will break my old projects and AUM presets.

• edited January 2020

@ElectroHead said:
    Just updated, and yes, now each channel has assignable midi channel output! Cool!

Seems smother.. time to dig into this..

Sweet app..

Edit.. Maybe we can share presets here, as the app don’t seem to ship with any..

• @RajahP said:

I can't seem to access this feature in the audio unit, is it just for the stand alone or am I blind?

• @drewinnit said:

@RajahP said:

I can't seem to access this feature in the audio unit, is it just for the stand alone or am I blind?

Press button with octopus, then go to Mapping, then select Kick or Snare or whatever.