Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OCTACHRON MIDI Drum Sequencer AUv3 by Markus Teufel

edited February 17 in General App Discussion

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1453137215

Octachron is a flexible 8 Track MIDI Drum Sequencer with rich modulation and sequencing capabilities. It works standalone or as AUv3 AudioUnit in your favourite DAW on iPad.

Octachron does not create any sound of it's own

(iOS 11 required, Host has to be compatible with MIDI AudioUnit standard like AUM or Cubasis)

Overview

• Standalone or AUv3 AudioUnit
  • 1-32 steps with flexible clock divider and custom time signatures
  • 8 mutable tracks with flexible length
  • Up to 8 chain-able patterns
  • Swing with flexible swing grid
  • Save and restore your presets
  • Parameter lock velocity, trigger probability, ratcheting and CC
  • Various presets for popular drum machines

Parameter Lock

• With velocity and CC modulation your drums become alive
  • Multiply number of hits per step with ratcheting
  • Trigger probability makes each pattern unique

Track Settings

• Assign MIDI notes to each track or use mapping presets
  • Individual track length for allow polyrhythms
  • Muting a track help to easily create build-ups in live situations

Connectivity

• Octachron lets you sequence other standalone apps, AUv3 AudioUnits or external hardware via MIDI
  • Octachron derives its timing from its host application, it's internal clock or via AbletonLink C

Comments

• Looks good :)

• Thanks for the heads up. Just bought it, and it looks pretty good so far. It’s pretty basic but definitely fills a gap. There are some nice touches, too, and the whole thing looks rather snazzy, too. Good stuff.

• Yeah I like it, hope it gets a row randomiser, otherwise it's pretty well thought through :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Yeah I like it, hope it gets a row randomiser, otherwise it's pretty well thought through :)

Agreed. It’s a really neat interface. A row randomiser would be great, as would be more parameter automation, if possible. I can see me using this a lot.

• @audio_DT said:

@Carnbot said:
    Yeah I like it, hope it gets a row randomiser, otherwise it's pretty well thought through :)

Agreed. It’s a really neat interface. A row randomiser would be great, as would be more parameter automation, if possible. I can see me using this a lot.

Yes parameter automation would be nice.
    Not sure how to change the CCs generated?

• @Carnbot said:

@audio_DT said:

@Carnbot said:

Easy to grok for us slow boys?

• If someone is looking for requests, Universal would be top of my list.

• Seems pretty slick - like the built in presets for other drum machines, needs even more of them though :smiley:

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Carnbot said:

@audio_DT said:

@Carnbot said:

Easy to grok for us slow boys?

It's pretty user friendly yes :)
    A few things I hope is added, but pretty happy with it so far.

• Looks nice. Might be worth getting just to give poor Rozeta some time off once in awhile.

• edited May 2019

@Carnbot said:

@audio_DT said:

@Carnbot said:

It allows p-lock for any cc that the target drum machine exposes (like AUM) per each piece in the kit, ie all the kick or cowbell params

• That looks really good. The only thing that seems missing is the ability to do groove/go off grid.

• Can you midi map (standalone and/or AU) to change patterns/scenes?
    cc @audio_DT @Carnbot

• Right, you can edit the CCs in the edit mapping page :)

@Littlewoodg said:

Swing is there but is it working?
    Didn't hear a difference but only had chance for a quick look.

• @ph8aerror said:
    Can you midi map (standalone and/or AU) to change patterns/scenes?
    cc @audio_DT @Carnbot

I don't think so yet, no. But you can midi change AU presets in the host (eg AUM) as a workaround.
    Yeah, hope that's added too.

• This one is super intuitive and easy to get on with quickly. Didn’t even need a manual or demo!

Looks that it has a song mode.

The sliders for step probability per step are really cool too.

• Wow! More auv3 piano rolls!! Such a good year, this and rozeta and atom and spa and aphelian... Man!!

• iOS has been becoming a capable hardware sequencer in the last year, with the growth of MIDI AU. Love it! Pair with iConnectMIDI that I'm doing now or Midi to CV interface which I want to do eventually. Who needs a Cirklon.

• edited May 2019

Looks great..

• edited May 2019

This is a decent start, up it’s got some missing opportunities:

Manual pattern change... there’s no quantize option so you can’t switch patterns live without cutting off or interrupting the flow.
    Huge miss... no AU or midi mapping of any kind. No way to bind midi controller to mute tracks?! No way to switch patterns via midi?! These seem like really weird things to leave out...

But the prebuilt cc mapping for parameters like Ruismaker is pretty cool.

Would be nice if in addition to basic probability there were conditional trigs a la electron and GR16.

*** ok, I just discovered a killer feature... you can auto generate scales, so with ratchets, variable track lengths, etc, it’s a pretty powerful melodic sequencer as well...

Bug... if you have set any track to a nonstandard length, song mode breaks... it never switches patterns... Bram solved this by just assuming a “loop” is equal to the longest track. Hopefully this will get solved.

Feels like there was little beta testing on this app...

• There seems to be a bug. Using it in AU, it’s no longer generating any noise. No idea why at the moment - everything else is working, just not any sounds passed through octathingy.

• Just brought this also
    Agree with above, there is room to make this great.
    Will wait a bit before I request stuff as what's already been mentioned would be great,
    But more drum mapping would be great, it's fun, as was mentioned above its good to give Rosetta a rest
    Please add more
    Great start

• edited May 2019

@audio_DT said:
    There seems to be a bug. Using it in AU, it’s no longer generating any noise. No idea why at the moment - everything else is working, just not any sounds passed through octathingy.

You mean generating midi notes? Octachron doesn't generate sound by itself only midi. I'm using it in AUM with with ruismaker FM no prob. Or maybe I just misread you.

• @paradiddle said:

@audio_DT said:
    There seems to be a bug. Using it in AU, it’s no longer generating any noise. No idea why at the moment - everything else is working, just not any sounds passed through octathingy.

You mean generating midi notes? Octachron doesn't generate sound by itself only midi. I'm using it in AUM with with ruismaker FM no prob. Or maybe I just misread you.

Yeah, I know it's midi, it's just that it stopped working. I was running Ruismaker through it in AUM and it was working fine, and then it wasn't. I started a new project and it's fine again. I'm really enjoying the app so far, and I've realised that it exposes all the Ruismaker parameters. It'll be interesting to see if the parameters of other apps are similarly presented in Octathingy. Oh, they're mappable, aren't they? I suspect I need to dig a bit deeper with this nifty little drum app.

• edited May 2019

Ok I'll keep it in mind if it stops working at one point and post back over here. Might be an alternating type of bug under certain circumstances.

yeah they are mappable which is great. This is definitely something I was missing to use in aum. (drum midi au)

@audio_DT said:

@paradiddle said:

@audio_DT said:

Yeah, I know it's midi, it's just that it stopped working. I was running Ruismaker through it in AUM and it was working fine, and then it wasn't. I started a new project and it's fine again. I'm really enjoying the app so far, and I've realised that it exposes all the Ruismaker parameters. It'll be interesting to see if the parameters of other apps are similarly presented in Octathingy. Oh, they're mappable, aren't they? I suspect I need to dig a bit deeper with this nifty little drum app.

• @Carnbot said:

+1

And thank you for not making me be the first person who asks for randomization AGAIN! :smiley:

• Instabuy.

• Awesome! We have here finally what victors ATOM is for melody for drums inside AUM apeMatrix etc. amazing! 💪🏼 Love the ruismaker presets that get into every setting. Boy, this is deep!
    Hence the name... octopus 🐙 going deep coming back with beats!

BTW, @reinerspass — genialer Nickname 😂