Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OCTACHRON MIDI Drum Sequencer AUv3 by Markus Teufel

Comments

• I’m really excited for the iPhone version. I find it difficult to get any music made on my phone without having this sequencer because I’ve grown so accustomed to it on iPad

• is there way to shift an individual not left or right of the grid lines. i’d like to add some swing and this would be cool. it could look the same on the grid. , but maybe a cc setting that advances or delays when that note plays?

• @eross said:
    is there way to shift an individual not left or right of the grid lines. i’d like to add some swing and this would be cool. it could look the same on the grid. , but maybe a cc setting that advances or delays when that note plays?

@TasTax

• @eross said:
    is there way to shift an individual not left or right of the grid lines. i’d like to add some swing and this would be cool. it could look the same on the grid. , but maybe a cc setting that advances or delays when that note plays?

Yes, well, we would call that nudging. It’s not possible yet and unfortunately quite an effort. But we are already at it and it will be one of our next features ✌️😊

• @TasTax said:

@eross said:

Yes, well, we would call that nudging. It’s not possible yet and unfortunately quite an effort. But we are already at it and it will be one of our next features ✌️😊

oh very cool! i can’t wait

• What’s this sequencer like for programming real acoustic drum samples for rock? Opposed to more electro typer music

Cheers

• @chris000sg said:
    What’s this sequencer like for programming real acoustic drum samples for rock? Opposed to more electro typer music

Cheers

Thx, well, it generally absolutely works for acoustic drum samples as well. Only it doesn’t have nudging for a more human feel yet. But you can add some swing for that. Does that help? 🙂

• @TasTax How hard would it be to have clock multiple or divider per lane?

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    @TasTax How hard would it be to have clock multiple or divider per lane?

Yes, we tried it. Unfortunately harder than we thought. But it is still on our list. ✌️

• Heyy I finally got it a while on sale and already got great use out of it, so I don’t regret it (as I already have other sequencers I could use but I was confident this still be a useful fit).
    So I looked for it on iphone and it’s there but it says 6.99.
    Am I supposed to pay for the iphone version? Or is this like some IAPs where it’s a store goof and it says you already paid for it after ‘paying for it (again)’

• @shazbot said:
    Heyy I finally got it a while on sale and already got great use out of it, so I don’t regret it (as I already have other sequencers I could use but I was confident this still be a useful fit).
    Am I supposed to pay for the iphone version? Or is this like some IAPs where it’s a store goof and it says you already paid for it after ‘paying for it (again)’

It’ll say you already purchased

• Thanks

• @TasTax Awesome to have this on iPhone now. Thank you! 🙏

• This app is underrated.( No offense to Tas) but it should get way more press !

Now to my question: wouldn’t be possible to perhaps introduce genre smart randomization, so as asked above maybe we can have rock, Edm, or hip hop/trap? Maybe possible.

Anyway awesome work! macOS universal

• @shazbot said:
    Heyy I finally got it a while on sale and already got great use out of it, so I don’t regret it (as I already have other sequencers I could use but I was confident this still be a useful fit).

Same thing. I bought the App for the iPad. If I choose the iPhone app, i have to pay extra.

• @TasTax if octachron could add a gate parameter (some drum sequencers like patterning have this) it'd be incredible...you already have the custom scale feature, and this would make octachron extremely powerful and flexible for melodic sequencing or for using apps like Relic Waves that has sounds that evolve over longer periods of time. I'd actually buy the app again for just this feature!

Oh, and I'd love to be able to save my own templates, though saving AUM presets isn't too bad 😉

• Thrilled to have this available on iPhone now. Thank you for your hard work.

• @NoncompliantBryant said:
    @TasTax if octachron could add a gate parameter (some drum sequencers like patterning have this) it'd be incredible...you already have the custom scale feature, and this would make octachron extremely powerful and flexible for melodic sequencing or for using apps like Relic Waves that has sounds that evolve over longer periods of time. I'd actually buy the app again for just this feature!

Oh, and I'd love to be able to save my own templates, though saving AUM presets isn't too bad 😉

+1 for a gate parameter, I’d love that for hats

• @Fingolfinzz said:

@NoncompliantBryant said:
    @TasTax if octachron could add a gate parameter (some drum sequencers like patterning have this) it'd be incredible...you already have the custom scale feature, and this would make octachron extremely powerful and flexible for melodic sequencing or for using apps like Relic Waves that has sounds that evolve over longer periods of time. I'd actually buy the app again for just this feature!

+1 for a gate parameter, I’d love that for hats

Yes! And there are sounds on Skiid that I'd love to have go longer... I could make some incredible rhythmic textures with an Octachron instance on Skiid with long gates, one on Ting, and one on Relic Waves with long gates. Then another driving Aparillo with longer gates. Damn, I want this so bad.

• @cam said:

@shazbot said:

Same thing. I bought the App for the iPad. If I choose the iPhone app, i have to pay extra.

It showed the same for me, but it’s that same ol’ AppStore bug. After you hit buy it gives you a message that you already purchased so the download is free.

• This is the best and easiest midi sequencer. There are a lot of great options like Lumbeat for live sounding drums, playbeat. Theres beat scholar and rozeta and soon patterning but this is the best @TasTax

So many great midi options and parameters

The genre smart randomization would be cool but I would think this time sig can be more than one? Where can you change the 4/4 ? Or is it only 4/4

• Congratulations on another amazing update @TasTax I’ve been a huge fan of this one for awhile, and I’m super happy to be able to use it on my iPhone now too. Hopefully this update will open the app up to many new customers. Cheers! Keep up the great work mate.

• @yellow_eyez said:
    This is the best and easiest midi sequencer. There are a lot of great options like Lumbeat for live sounding drums, playbeat. Theres beat scholar and rozeta and soon patterning but this is the best @TasTax

So many great midi options and parameters

The genre smart randomization would be cool but I would think this time sig can be more than one? Where can you change the 4/4 ? Or is it only 4/4

I think the only way to use another time signature is by changing the amount of steps, ie 12 steps for 3/4, and setting your host/DAW accordingly. However I’m not sure if or how that effects the smart randomization, and mutation features…

• Congrats on the iPhone version! Very cool 😎
    Is the iPhone version a new version of the app? I have had Octachron for years on the iPad, but I’m asked to pay for it again on iPhone?

• @galmandsværk said:
    Congrats on the iPhone version! Very cool 😎
    Is the iPhone version a new version of the app? I have had Octachron for years on the iPad, but I’m asked to pay for it again on iPhone?

I think if you just follow through (like you’re going to purchase it again) it’ll say you already own it, and it’ll ask you if you want to download it again.

• Yeah it won’t charge you again

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@galmandsværk said:
    Congrats on the iPhone version! Very cool 😎

I think if you just follow through (like you’re going to purchase it again) it’ll say you already own it, and it’ll ask you if you want to download it again.

Ok, thanks @Edward_Alexander and @Fingolfinzz 😊🙏

• edited April 16

Congratulations!!
    The efforts of Octachron developers to make Octachron compatible(?) with iPhone finally bore fruit. I appreciate.

@TasTax @reinerspass
    Below is a report of two issues(?).

(EDITED)
    Sorry. The following report about CHANNEL may not be an issue.
    It may be a correct/intended behavior of Octachron app.
    Because an edited channel number is saved/loaded correctly when saved on USER PRESETS menu(?), instead of MIDI MAPPING menu.
    (/EDITED)

(EDITED 2)
    In the following report, at first, "MIDI MAPPING" was mistakenly written by me as "USER PRESETS". So I corrected it. My apologies. The following report is now correct state.
    (/EDITED 2)

CHANNEL number/value of a row of Octachron is not saved.

Confirmation procedure(?):
    (I tested with both Standalone-Octachron and AUv3-Octachron.)

Set CHANNEL to anything other than 1 on any row of Octachron.
    Tap SAVE under MIDI MAPPING under PRESETS under Octachron icon, and enter any MIDI Mapping Name to save it.
    Tap "USER" under MIDI MAPPING under PRESETS under Octachron icon, and tap the saved MIDI MAPPING from a list to load it.
    The CHANNEL of the row of Octachron is set back(?) to 1.

(The following has already been reported, but I report again just in case.)

Korg Gadget Tokyo mapping
    SD302 LEVEL
    incorrect: CC#87 / correct: CC#94

Octachron v2.0.0 (177) / Apple app store
    iPadOS v16.7.2
    iPadPro 10.5 inch

• @TasTax @reinerspass

Suggestion
    I think it would be helpful to have a list of mappings displayed in LOAD PRESETS menu under USER PRESETS under PRESETS menu in ‘alphabetical order’ to help users find a mapping they want to use.

Very weak and non-aggressive(?) suggestion
    Octachron’s Generate Scale feature changes all MIDI channel settings to 1, in both ‘each row’ and ‘SEQUENCER SETTINGS under 16 pads icon’.
    However, it might be more useful if Generate Scale feature does not change ‘MIDI channels other than 1’ to ‘MIDI channel 1’.
    But I’m not sure.

Context about above “But I’m not sure.”
    I generally(?) use my music apps on MIDI channel 1, so I’ve not had any trouble with MIDI channel changing due to Octachron’s Generate Scale feature.
    However, some users might possibly have trouble with the MIDI channel changing.
    But I’m not sure as I’ve never thought much about MIDI channels.

• To celebrate the release of Octachron IOS Drum Sequencer 2.0, I have a few promo codes to give away. If you've slept on this stunning sequencer then here's your chance to win a code. Simply click on my video and comment below it, "I Want Octachron!" Winners will be drawn out of the hat on Saturday 20th April 2024, 12pm UK Time. I normally only give away codes on my Patreon account but I'm happy to do this this time to promote such a cool application.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/n8m8quEwD5E?si=b6Kz-Kv0SiRGte9v