Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chameleon AUv3 Sampler Plugin by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• @gregsmith said:

@klownshed said:

@gregsmith said:

@klownshed said:
    How do you share a preset from iPad to iPhone versions?

I haven’t tried it yet tbh, but you can export to iCloud or whatever then import on the other device.

This is absolutely crucial for my workflow.

I can’t find any options to export a preset Anywhere.

EDIT

I think I found it. There’s a button labelled ‘Backup’ in the loop point editor.

There’s a perfectly good preset menu. It belongs there, or in the preset section. But nope, apparently it’s a part of loop point editing. I think the UI designer used to work on button placements in 1970s super cars.

Agreed it should be in the preset section next to save. Great that you can backup an entire sample bank in one go though eh?

Indeed. Once you find the button ;-)

It could also be labelled more clearly? Export or share would be more in keeping with iOS norms than backup I think. If they used the share icon they could expose the share sheet to allow more options for exporting too.

Anyway, I don’t want to come across all negative, i am liking the app a lot.

It will replace the built in samplers on iPad only DAWs I have. I’m fed up with spending loads of time making a sample preset and then not being able to use it outside that one app or on my iPhone.

Some of the iPad DAW samplers are way more powerful but they live in a vacuum.

For my needs I think Chameleon will be just the ticket.

The only missing feature to make it perfect for iOS would be transient chopping. Which I would be happy to buy as a separate app.

If there was a decent ‘ReCycle’ app for iOS I would buy it. In fact I’d much rather have a separate app that could export slices to any sampler.

• If there was a decent ‘ReCycle’ app for iOS I would buy it. In fact I’d much rather have a separate app that could export slices to any sampler.

Me too ! Been waiting for this since day one.

• Yeah, this is super useful as a drum sampler now that it has some pitch control. Maybe 2 octaves would have been nicer but not complaining :)

• Dam.they released a new app and added more features to another app in the same week..🙀🙀🙀😍😍😍

• Does anyone know a way to move sample order s1-s-12?
    If you remove a sample and add an new one it mucks up the position if you’re using an external sequencer.

• @Carnbot said:
    Yeah, this is super useful as a drum sampler now that it has some pitch control. Maybe 2 octaves would have been nicer but not complaining :)

And they’ve added pitch control via CC for the first 12 samples.

StepBud (or similar) can be used to easily vary the pitch of individual hits now... polyphonic pitch bend :-)

• Agreed it should be in the preset section next to save. Great that you can backup an entire sample bank in one go though eh?

Indeed. Once you find the button ;-)

It could also be labelled more clearly? Export or share would be more in keeping with iOS norms than backup I think. If they used the share icon they could expose the share sheet to allow more options for exporting too.

Has anyone given the dev this feedback? They might implement it

• I have some critical notes for 4Pockets about Chameleon:

• Why call your auv3 "Chameleon" while you'll only find it in au-hosts (AUM and AB) under the name "SamplerFX" (or SamplerFX Midi) (or "Chameleon Out - instrument IAA")??
    • In standalone mode, after pressing the Source-icon (the upright-arrow-in-a-circle-picture above the keyboard), Chameleon shows a (very long) list of all IAA-apps on my iPad (both midi- and audio-apps) in a random (not alphabetical) order, and all kind of host-outputslot, but only "Micrphone Input" (sic) as an audio-input-source, while my iPad is connected to my audiointerface that has 4 analog inputs, which I normally use for resp. (mono) guitar, (mono) microphone and (stereo) line in; this means that when I enable "Micrphone Input", all my (4) interface-inputs are recorded!! (While I want only my microphone, or guitar or stereo-line in to be heard.)
    • In record-mode Chameleon doesn't recognize wether my audio-input-source is mono or stereo (because of the previous point?), so I have to be very conscious to enable or disable the Mono-button... (depending on my audio-input-source).
    • In the Record window of Chameleon, there is also an Input-button, but it shows only "iPad microfoon" (Dutch for iPad microphone) and "iConnectAudio4+" (my interface), but no selection for the various interface-inputs here too.
    • I mainly record samples in mono (via microphone); so one of the first things I missed in the Record - Edit window was a PAN-knob!!!! (because I like my snare somewhat to the left and toms to the right, etc...)
    • There's a bug in the Record window: after choosing Record in the Samples window, you're presented with an empty Edit (Record) window, but when you hit Play (below the Record button) before recording, you hear a (random?) sample played! These Play (and Stop) button(s) should be disabled, when nothing is recorded yet.
  • Thanks again Samu!!

• @Carnbot said:
    Yeah, this is super useful as a drum sampler now that it has some pitch control. Maybe 2 octaves would have been nicer but not complaining :)

More drum stuff is coming according to the dev.

• I think this app will be the best AUv3 sampler.works great in Cubasis and no crashes.i believe the developer will add more features

• @Paa89 said:
    I think this app will be the best AUv3 sampler.works great in Cubasis and no crashes.i believe the developer will add more features

Yeah this one brought me back to iOS.

• Still wondering why Chameleons 'Vibrato' behaves more like a 'Tremolo' (and where does it get its speed setting from as only 'depth' add 'fade in'(ie. Attack) can be set?). Also Velocity -> Sample Start mapping would be nice to have...

• Repeats and runs now in the drum pads. Me liketh

• Yoooooo the new update is fuocoooooo

• I hope to find in a next update 3 new features :
    1- a way to set the loop points with the numbers of loop start and end.
    2- a crossfade length
    3- import from sfz multisamples

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Triplets added in latest version 👊

• Chameleon is on sale for $5.99 right now.

Does anyone have both Koala and Chameleon? Of the 2, which is preferred? And why?

Also... How Many presets does Chameleon come with? (I know it’s a sampler but wanted to know and can’t find answer, thanks)

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Chameleon is on sale for $5.99 right now.

Does anyone have both Koala and Chameleon? Of the 2, which is preferred? And why?

Also... How Many presets does Chameleon come with? (I know it’s a sampler but wanted to know and can’t find answer, thanks)

95 plus minus 5 since it is late and I counted them one by one haha

• Did the dev get rid of some of the bundles or change them up? I’m seeing ones on the thread that I wanted and they don’t show up.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:
    How is the user preset implementation on this compared to E-L-S-A?

Do you need to recreate the patch for EVERY single AU host you use it in? And from standalone to AU? And exporting between devices?

Or is it a smoother ride for those things?

Patches created in the stand alone are visible to the AUv3 and vice versa.
    So in this area it beats elsa, but elsa excels in other areas like the slice point per key or octave.

To me elsa is more fun to use.
    (Just need to remember to save the patches more often especially in AUM since sampling is done in the effects slot).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @david_2017 Thanks, I appreciate it. I couldn’t find the answer anywhere. Cheers.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    @david_2017 Thanks, I appreciate it. I couldn’t find the answer anywhere.

You’re welcome mate! Enjoy the app ;)

• edited May 2019

Hmmm the UI seems pretty buggy in AUM on my 6th gen iPad iOS 12.3
    Resizing the au window seems to induce UI lagging, and if I scroll down to the delay page the UI freezes entirely. Also definitely needs a fine tune in the sample edit section so I can tune my kicks . Other than that this rocks for 6 bucks, I can’t swing audiolayer right now as I’m on spending freeze but hey ho whaddya know I bought chameleon and SynthJacker today ;)

• @DCJ said:
    Did the dev get rid of some of the bundles or change them up? I’m seeing ones on the thread that I wanted and they don’t show up.

I've noticed the same thing whenever they have a sale.. that particular bundle will disappear and then re-appear once the sale has passed. Right now, I believe the Audio Creatives 2 bundle is MIA (along with 1 or 2 others). It will be back..

• @royor said:

@DCJ said:
    Did the dev get rid of some of the bundles or change them up? I’m seeing ones on the thread that I wanted and they don’t show up.

I've noticed the same thing whenever they have a sale.. that particular bundle will disappear and then re-appear once the sale has passed. Right now, I believe the Audio Creatives 2 bundle is MIA (along with 1 or 2 others). It will be back..

Ah gotcha. Thanks!

• I got this on sale. Was very apprehensive that it was redundant with other samplers I have. But I’m glad I got it. So easy to use. I don’t really need the extra features in Audio Layer and Elsa is indeed great fun, though fiddly with the preset stuff.

For the sale price, Chameleon does everything I want it to do, and more. Also very intuitive.