Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chameleon AUv3 Sampler Plugin by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• Giving it a better price point and this could be interesting for quite some folks here, who dont have virsyns AudioLayer already

• Looks good to me, certainly tempting.

• edited March 2019

Wow, looks great! An AUV3 jam-packed full of features, like the rest of 4pockets apps. Real bang for the buck! Correct me though if I’m wrong... don’t see or hear in the video or app description any mention of time-stretching for samples.... yet. But that might be asking alot for $8. Perhaps in an update down the line. However... just as it is now, it appears to be a most useful app at a fair price that fills a gap in iOS music production/sound design.

Thanks 4pockets for the app and video, and @White for the heads up! :)

• edited March 2019

Needs SFZ support, then I'll buy it. I already have AudioLayer and am reasonably satisfied for my sampling needs.

• A few questions remain... How easy is it to replace / ex-change samples in already made presets?
    Do we get any kind of velocity layering?

Are the samples 'linked' or 'copied' into each preset?
    (Meaning if one wants to create a 'variation' of a preset do the samples get duplicated or?).

For me I still do most of my sampling in BM3 and see no real need to change that in the near future.

Sure it's nice to see new AUv3 samplers pop up but the 'hosts' are not 'ready' for it when it comes to audio & midi routing. Ie. no easy way to just load the sampler AUv3 onto one track in for example Cubasis and then choose which of the 'tracks' to record from. No need to put it in effects slot and then we have no way to route another midi-track to control it.

Personally I can't stand AudioLayer and always end up going back to BM3 and this new Chameleon would most likely end up un-used as well...

• Oh wow, very impressive!!
    I don't have virsyn audio layer, but are these similar auv3 apps? As far as recording audio from other iOS synths

• Very tempting ..

• edited March 2019

I'm still waiting for a SFZ player/sampler (with Direct From Disk capability). But AudioLayer does most of that (even though it just supports EXS format). I'm not pleased with AudioLayer's support though--I've emailed them and they've ignored me. This has happened to several people that I know of as well. So, with that said, Chameleon looks like a very solid basic sampler and I have purchased it already because it is probably the Second best sampler available (AudioLayer being the best). This is what I had wished for with Gadget's Vancouver--alas, Vancouver is a joke.

Over all, I think it is worth getting. <---which is what I should have said from the start. :smile:

• @Audiojunkie I bought Vancouver and Ms20 the other day and gave both back because I decided to go all the AUv3 way and not invest into any other closed systems. In comparison to audiolayer you are right, Vancouver is a joke.
    With the piano roll plug at the horizon the modular-AUM-DAWless-DAW dream is coming true...

• Looks like a good app. If I didn’t already have AudioLayer I’d get this. In fact I’d prefer this one.

• Does this one do Root Note detection for recorded or imported samples ?

• Looks good, not as deep as AL but good value. I wonder if it has pitch automation for the individual samples. something I hope AL gets eventually.

• Well I can’t make the stupid thing work in either AB or cubasis

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Well I can’t make the stupid thing work in either AB or cubasis

Uh-oh, was down at the cash register, but jumping back to the safety of the fence just like that :)

• @BiancaNeve said:

If you are sampling another app, they say you have to turn on monitoring for it to work.

• First thing that threw me it’s name Chameleon but listed as SamplerFX midi! It’s not plug and play you need to watch the video to make sure it’s set up correctly to record play back etc.

• edited March 2019

Also surprised it’s not a AU instrument but effect however you can play it using the keyboard! Ok my bad it’s both a instrument and effect !

• @CracklePot said:

@BiancaNeve said:

If you are sampling another app, they say you have to turn on monitoring for it to work.

Thanks, but I had done that

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Also surprised it’s not a AU instrument but effect however you can play it using the keyboard!

Thought it said that it was BOTH AU Instrument and effect?

@BiancaNeve said:

Hmm. Please let us know if you get it working, for those considering it. Thanks for the bug report...

• @BiancaNeve said:

@CracklePot said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Well shit. That’s all I got. :|

What sorta problem are you having?
    Doesn’t work, at all?

I am on the fence next to Mr. Goodyear.

• It’s a bit buggy in AUM scrolling up and down the different panels getting freeze issues!

• @CracklePot said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@CracklePot said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Well shit. That’s all I got. :|

What sorta problem are you having?
    Doesn’t work, at all?

I am on the fence next to Mr. Goodyear.

In Cubasis I can’t get any kind of keyboard to display and in AB I can’t get it to actually record a sample.
    Not saying it’s not possible in either case, but that at the very least it’s pretty arcane

• edited March 2019

Also it’s clipping the start of some samples after you hit record in the FX slot.

Got monitoring on but can’t hear what I’m playing when recording as a AU3. Once recorded a new sample in via a AU synth in AUM as AU3.

I try to play the sample back using the AUM keyboard and not working. I checked the routing in AUM matrix. So seems to have some bugs at present! Shame the 4Pockets apps are usually spot on.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Also it’s clipping the start of some samples after you hit record. Got monitoring on but can’t hear what I’m playing when recording as a AU3. Once recorded a new sample in via a AU synth in AUM as AU3.

I try to play the sample back using the AUM keyboard and not working. I checked the routing in AUM matrix. So seems to have some bugs at present! Shame the 4Pockets apps are usually spot on.

I am surprised, too.
    I agree, their stuff is usually very polished.

• edited March 2019

Chameleon AUv3 Sampler Plugin von 4Pockets.com
    https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/chameleon-auv3-sampler-plugin/id1456474953?mt=8

8,99€

• As a instrument the built in presets are pretty good will say that. It will get some use for sure. I assume it needs to set up as a AU instrument for midi to work.

• @david_2017 said:
    Chameleon AUv3 Sampler Plugin von 4Pockets.com
    https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/chameleon-auv3-sampler-plugin/id1456474953?mt=8

8,99€

Ahh so $7.99 now equals €8.99..

• I think the recording side is broke definitely cannot record my voice in when in Standalone. Monitoring on checked iPad mic set. Set trigger level can see metering hit record it flashes red but nothing is being sampled even with trigger level right up anyone else having these problems?

• So disappointed

Expected lizard.

Got sampler.

So actually happy I guess.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    So disappointed

Expected lizard.

Got sampler.

So actually happy I guess.

Would that be a Monitor Lizard ? :D