Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chameleon AUv3 Sampler Plugin by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• Just grabbed it and created my first single sample patch, recorded a few notes from a preset in wave shaper into chameleon inside AUM.
    Was very simple to get this going and it sounds great... Deff a great sampler.... For less than the price of a hamburger meal it blows my mind

• it’s very cool. love how quick it is to sample and play. if the dev is on here. recommend sample reverse option in editor

• Anyone figured out how to delete presets and or samples once produces etc. Not seeing a files folder for Sampler in Apple files app on my iPad or cloud?

• Does anyone know the maximum length allowed for a sample?

• 8 seconds, I think...

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Anyone figured out how to delete presets and or samples once produces etc. Not seeing a files folder for Sampler in Apple files app on my iPad or cloud?

Perversely delete is on the +button
    So you load the sample then press plus then press delete

• @lasselu said:
    8 seconds, I think...

Mellotron?

• edited March 2019

@Audiojunkie said:
    Does anyone know the maximum length allowed for a sample?

To short lolol but works for most situations.
    How long can virsyn Sample?

• Updated with fixes and modifications:

• Does anyone have any thoughts about a tracker-like sequencer to drive Chameleon with: specifically what a good pairing might be?

I’m thinking perhaps SunVox but have never MIDI’d out of there. Any ideas welcome.

• @Proppa said:
    Does anyone have any thoughts about a tracker-like sequencer to drive Chameleon with: specifically what a good pairing might be?

I’m thinking perhaps SunVox but have never MIDI’d out of there. Any ideas welcome.

It’s easy enough to create sampler instruments in SunVox already so I fail to see the point here!?

For example if you do open-in from any app to send a sample to SunVox it creates a sampler by default, connect it to the output and boom, need a midi channel for the instrument set it in the sampler properties,

If you want to drive midi from SunVox it creates a virtual midi port that can be routed to any channel in for example AUM. Just create enough MultiSynth modules in SunVox that send on the correct midi channel.

• Great info as usual @Samu - thanks - I thought maybe the Chameleon app might offer more sampler-wise than S_nV_x’s internal.

Really I’m just chasing the nostalgia dragon trying to recreate the workflow of my Mac+ x Akai s900.

• @Audiojunkie said:

@malichiyatsia said:

@Audiojunkie said:
    I'm still waiting for a SFZ player/sampler (with Direct From Disk capability). But AudioLayer does most of that (even though it just supports EXS format). I'm not pleased with AudioLayer's support though--I've emailed them and they've ignored me. This has happened to several people that I know of as well. So, with that said, Chameleon looks like a very solid basic sampler and I have purchased it already because it is probably the Second best sampler available (AudioLayer being the best). This is what I had wished for with Gadget's Vancouver--alas, Vancouver is a joke.

Over all, I think it is worth getting. <---which is what I should have said from the start. :smile:

Wow, looks great! An AUV3 jam-packed full of features, like the rest of 4pockets apps. Real bang for the buck! Correct me though if I’m wrong... don’t see or hear in the video or app description any mention of time-stretching for samples.... yet. But that might be asking alot for $8. Perhaps in an update down the line. However... just as it is now, it appears to be a most useful app at a fair price that fills a gap in iOS music production/sound design.

I don't know definitively, but going just by listening to it, I'd have to say it currently has no time-stretching. It sounds very old-school basic. The key thing with something like this would be to use a lot of multisamples--no more than a semitone apart. Otherwise, multisampling every key is the best way around this. However, the ideal would be support of time-stretching of samples.

For my purposes I can deal with about half an octave (a couple notes more occasionally) both ways with this type of sampling. But yes, for hi-fi/realistic you will need a ton of samples.

• @Proppa said:
    Great info as usual @Samu - thanks - I thought maybe the Chameleon app might offer more sampler-wise than S_nV_x’s internal.

Really I’m just chasing the nostalgia dragon trying to recreate the workflow of my Mac+ x Akai s900.

The SunVox internal sampler is pretty capable once one digs into it and using the MultiSynth module to triggering multiple modules (fm, sampler, analog generator etc.) is pretty neat, need to ‘re-arrange’ a sample put in in a meta-module and use the sample offset command in a pattern and then trigger the meta-module to treat it as an instrument :)

I do admit I use SunVox more on the Mac than on the iPad even though SunVox has bt keyboard support iOS doesn’t support ‘key up’ on the bt keyboards making it tricky to use with SunVox.

Who knows, maybe external keyboard support will improve with iOS13...

• @Samu I 100% see why you’d use a physical keyboard with SunVox. Fluid tracker workflow is So satisfying and I’m determined to get to that “hands operating without thinking about it” level as much as possible.

Love your ideas on metamodule’ing.

• Is there a way to move from one preset to another without going to the top menu first. To change presets takes me two presses on the app.

• @reasOne said:

@Audiojunkie said:
    Does anyone know the maximum length allowed for a sample?

To short lolol but works for most situations.
    How long can virsyn Sample?

Tried recording for 8 minutes, no prob, guess you could record for hours ;)

• Updated now has a simple vocoder 😊

• So I finally decided to get the 4Pockets 'Audio Creatives 2' bundle(Chameleon, Amtomizer and Shimmer).

I know 'going in' that Chameleon would be fun :)

But I can't help to wonder why such essential things as LFO->Pitch,Amp,Filter, A Pitch-Envelope and LPLBP/HP Filter with Envelope are 'missing'. The Vocoder is pretty 'gimmicky' though...

Sampling seems straight forward with enough editing tools to 'get the job done' and the Files.app import is handy!

So far I'm a 'happy camper' :)

• Took forever but this is almost exactly what I was looking for in an auv3 sampler

• I think we will see more AUv3 Samplers overtime. If one can auto-sample it will be a killer app for a lot of uses.

If "Lyra" breaks out of Auria Pro as an AUv3 I'll have my ideal Sampler. I realize Sampler means many implementations and Lyra might not be your ideal Sampler. But it loads every SF2 and SFZ I throw into a folder in Auria.

NOTE: We can hand edit SF2's but SFZ's require desktop tools, I think. So, SF2's are preferred by me.

• @McD said:
    I think we will see more AUv3 Samplers overtime. If one can auto-sample it will be a killer app for a lot of uses.

If "Lyra" breaks out of Auria Pro as an AUv3 I'll have my ideal Sampler. I realize Sampler means many implementations and Lyra might not be your ideal Sampler. But it loads every SF2 and SFZ I throw into a folder in Auria.

NOTE: We can hand edit SF2's but SFZ's require desktop tools, I think. So, SF2's are preferred by me.

Sfz files are simply text files. So, one can modify them or put together simple ones with nothing more than a text editor.

• Disappointing that it doesn't recognize root note of samples unlike AudioLayer either by filename or auto-detecting; guess I'm sticking with that for now. This might be good for basic sampling.

• Hmm, it doesn’t seem to read the loop settings from my samples either so I have to re-loop them after import...

• @Samu said:
    So I finally decided to get the 4Pockets 'Audio Creatives 2' bundle(Chameleon, Amtomizer and Shimmer).

I know 'going in' that Chameleon would be fun :)

But I can't help to wonder why such essential things as LFO->Pitch,Amp,Filter, A Pitch-Envelope and LPLBP/HP Filter with Envelope are 'missing'. The Vocoder is pretty 'gimmicky' though...

Sampling seems straight forward with enough editing tools to 'get the job done' and the Files.app import is handy!

So far I'm a 'happy camper' :)

What can Cameleon do that AudioLayer can't?

• @rs2000 said:

It's got better tools for editing the samples before and after they are recorded and it's honestly more fun to use.

• edited April 2019

@Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

It's got better tools for editing the samples before and after they are recorded and it's honestly more fun to use.

Interesting, thanks!
    Does it support mapping the modwheel to LFO > pitch amount unlike AudioLayer?

• I’m looking for an au effect that can simply play a wav file for a reference track. I notice chameleon can be loaded as an aufx. Can you play a wav from the plugin when loaded in that way or does it need a keyboard?

• @rs2000 said:

Interesting, thanks!
    Does it support mapping the modwheel to LFO > pitch amount unlike AudioLayer?

By default the mod-wheel is mapped to 'vibrato depth', but for some strange reason like some other developers it sounds more like a tremolo to my ears and I can't seem to find where to set the rate, but that could be a case of RTFM or something :)

• @gregsmith said:
    I’m looking for an au effect that can simply play a wav file for a reference track. I notice chameleon can be loaded as an aufx. Can you play a wav from the plugin when loaded in that way or does it need a keyboard?

There's a limit on how long the sample can be.

If you use AUM that can play a Wav file.