Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• I can't imagine they want to sit alone in their own cave once IAA fades away in a not too distant future.They have too many apps in the store and literally no one(wild guess) wants to use them only stand alone or gadget exclusive.Which feels a little dated now to he honest,it's just not enough to kick off a new gadget here and there to pick up money but not improving anything else.

Personally i won't miss IAA except for a few apps.All Korg stuff of course but nothing else.

• AUv3 is not happening. They gave you TAIPEI.

• @caspergomez said:
    AUv3 is not happening. They gave you TAIPEI.

how generous....

• @caspergomez said:

Just Like Otorii and Ebina didn't happen on iOS and PC/Mac just on Switch?!
    I give up...

• edited August 2019

@Samu said:

@caspergomez said:

I give up...

Yeah man...

@caspergomez -
    this is how thins stuff works, slow. 100% they will port the gadgets to AUV3. That’s my opinion and as far as hosting auv3 in gadget, don’t know about that. It could just make Gadget less stable. Gadget is nice and stable as it is.

• edited August 2019

@Samu said:

@ZenEagle said:

Drumroll..... $3689 U.S. (ouch). I imagined mine would tally closer to the 2k - 2.5 mark, not counting for sale savings. thank god for Black Friday and flash sales though, my silver lining here. Thanks for the reality check. ;P

I don't even want to make such a list even though I have all the receipts saved...
    (It would just shock me since I could probably have gotten a maxed out iPad Pro or two by now).

yeah, but what would you do with it without the apps? :wink:

• For some odd reason I do t have the Gadget folder in the File App. Anyone know how to get it to show up?

@Rodolfo said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    I was referring to an X2 Gadget project template that the developer @SevenSystems had posted but I can’t seem to find it.

@wim said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Thanks Wim! I pulled out Gadget and got me going again😌 Only thing is that I really wanna use Xequence 2 to record the midi but I wish I had a template.

@wim said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    So the KEW gadget has no drum patterns period?

Correct. Just the synth.
    Really doesn't matter, since most of the drums in KEW sound like they came from Gadget anyway.

I don’t understand. What kind of a template do you need?

http://seven.systems/xequence2/en/downloads/

• @nick said:

yeah, but what would you do with it without the apps? :wink:

Good question, maybe I would have focused a lot more on the apps I already had ;)

I will be doing a lot more 'clean up' prior to iOS13/iPadOS release.
    Currently I'm down to 407 apps on my iPad Air 2 and roughly half of them I've not used in the past 6 months, just keeping them there 'just in case' but sooner or later I'll just remove them and when I look for them at AppStore at later point it's nice to see the cloud icon and just download them again :D

• Had a chance to finish the track last night by building it out a bit more. Really enjoying Gadget 2 I must say :)
    https://soundcloud.com/policarpo-wood/when-the-day-lets-go

• @MonzoPro said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Nice to have the Wazzap Gadget or whatever it is, but the Osc waveform controls - Position and EG Int seem to be grayed out on mine. Anyone else? Two of the banks of waves seem to be locked as well...

Anyone else? Even after a reboot these two buttons are greyed out, and even assigning modulation doesn't have an effect. In the standalone these two knobs can be tweaked to scan the waveform.

Seems to be deactivated on some.. screw that.. Try loading KEW and Wars2awa together ... seem to be working now.. maybe it’s an activation thing..

• edited August 2019

I think there’s a name display problem on Wave and Warszawa, look at my program names:

Versus the reality:

• @maxwellhouser said:

@Samu said:

@caspergomez said:

I give up...

Yeah man...

@caspergomez -
    this is how thins stuff works, slow. 100% they will port the gadgets to AUV3. That’s my opinion and as far as hosting auv3 in gadget, don’t know about that. It could just make Gadget less stable. Gadget is nice and stable as it is.

i'm not counting on the gadgets as AU but definitely (well,hopefully...) the standalone apps.

• @RajahP said:

@MonzoPro said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Nice to have the Wazzap Gadget or whatever it is, but the Osc waveform controls - Position and EG Int seem to be grayed out on mine. Anyone else? Two of the banks of waves seem to be locked as well...

Anyone else? Even after a reboot these two buttons are greyed out, and even assigning modulation doesn't have an effect. In the standalone these two knobs can be tweaked to scan the waveform.

Seems to be deactivated on some.. screw that.. Try loading KEW and Wars2awa together ... seem to be working now.. maybe it’s an activation thing..

Ah right. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t working on the wavetables when I first tried. After opening the standalone a couple of times it then worked.

Never mind, working now, and great to have in Gadget. Might even give it a whirl tonight :)

• @u0421793 said:
    I think there’s a name display problem on Wave and Warszawa, look at my program names:

Versus the reality:

Hrmmm...my saved presets don't show up in Gadget. Did you do something special to get them to show up in Gadget?

• so all I can find are old reference lists from old versions of Gadget. did they ever finally add the ability to control the mixer controls like volume and pan by MIDI CCs?

• @u0421793 said:

Honestly most apps f*ck up big-time when using emojis :)

• @echoopera said:

@u0421793 said:

Versus the reality:

Hrmmm...my saved presets don't show up in Gadget. Did you do something special to get them to show up in Gadget?

That’s the problem, the programs don’t all show up, the ones where since late last year I’ve quite naturally started naming them using emoji, those aren’t visible in Gadget, the programs that are named boringly do. I’m not entirely sure it’s that either, as one of them (the Soft fruit 🛶 🧗🏿‍♀️🍦) has a go at displaying and fails, but is visible anyway. To be honest a lot of those are duplicates under different names because I found it difficult to manage programs and patterns properly last year across Wave on the iPad and Wave on the iPhone (it turned out they don’t share the same programs and patterns, which I expected they would as gadget shares across my devices), so ended up with backups that diverged and it all became a mess.

• That's a drag! But...why do you use emoji?

• @Samu said:

@ZenEagle said:

Drumroll..... $3689 U.S. (ouch). I imagined mine would tally closer to the 2k - 2.5 mark, not counting for sale savings. thank god for Black Friday and flash sales though, my silver lining here. Thanks for the reality check. ;P

I don't even want to make such a list even though I have all the receipts saved...
    (It would just shock me since I could probably have gotten a maxed out iPad Pro or two by now).

Its still kind of relief to admit, how easy it´s to spend a few bucks to buy affordable apps, without seeing the big picture. I´m roughly using like 20% of app bought.. luckily by help of this forum its easier to be more aware and I can see some proves that apps are worth buying. So A Big Thank You from Finland to all of you and to this forum!
    One comment not forgetting the topic, I think korg gadget is too expensive to buy separately on several platforms, and surprisingly costly as an ipad app(meaning the total set).

• @AkiVilla said:

One comment not forgetting the topic, I think korg gadget is too expensive to buy separately on several platforms, and surprisingly costly as an ipad app(meaning the total set).

While I do not have the desktop version of Gadget I've been adding to Gadget since its initial release and apart from a few Module IAPs my installation is 'complete' and I don't regret it at all! (There's a LOT of sounds in there).

A full Gadget installation is roughly the same price as two Korg Volca's to put things into perspective :)

• I keep a database of all my apps (sans iAP) with the full price listed for each, but until now avoided checking the total for everything out of dread ;)

No Problems, I think it feels good to accept the reality even if its a bit shocking. Yes sales are great, but like in this Korg case, the total bundle is surprisingly costly especially for those who already own it in other platform. Korg should at least have an option to buy it to all selected platforms at one price..

• Imagine if ya took the $3600 into Bitcoin a few months ago. You’d be sitting on $12K right now, and soon to be $50-100K 🙄

• @Rodolfo @royor that's the > @Samu said:

@u0421793 said:

Honestly most apps f*ck up big-time when using emojis :)

The single most important feature: Emoji support 😉

• @Crabman said:

@maxwellhouser said:

@Samu said:

@caspergomez said:

I give up...

Yeah man...

@caspergomez -

i'm not counting on the gadgets as AU but definitely (well,hopefully...) the standalone apps.

ALL the gadgets and standalone synths that became gadgets later are available as AU, VST and AAX plug-ins for desktop. No logical reason they stop at the standalone apps in AUV3 for iOS. It’s more income from customers who don’t use Gadget.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    That's a drag! But...why do you use emoji?

They’re more interesting than ordinary letters, considering that most of my program names on other synths have entirely random strings of me just quickly flickering fingers over the keyboard and saving without even reading it.

Also, there’s the emoji mashup bot:
    https://twitter.com/EmojiMashupBot

• @Samu said:

@AkiVilla said:

While I do not have the desktop version of Gadget I've been adding to Gadget since its initial release and apart from a few Module IAPs my installation is 'complete' and I don't regret it at all! (There's a LOT of sounds in there).

A full Gadget installation is roughly the same price as two Korg Volca's to put things into perspective :)

I partly agree and disagree and will not start more discussion yet, in this case 😀 but will return to this dilemma at a point.. following/ owning a lot of pc and ipad audio apps pricings, being maybe a bit bitter of my own stupidy to buy same kind of virtual inst, daws, effects replicating allready existing ones.. not bringing the hardware discussion into this more, i´d say that its impossible to compare.

• one of the things i always liked in gadget is the ability to create random names ;)

• The question is not whether Korg makes their Gadgets available to other iOS app users (BM3/CUB/etc) ... what we KG users have requested is the support to load other apps inside KG. And the answer to that was Taipei.

Certainly it’s strange that Korg hasn’t already turned all Gadgets AUv3 to work in other apps.

• edited August 2019

@caspergomez said:
    The question is not whether Korg makes their Gadgets available to other iOS app users (BM3/CUB/etc) ... what we KG users have requested is the support to load other apps inside KG. And the answer to that was Taipei.

Certainly it’s strange that Korg hasn’t already turned all Gadgets AUv3 to work in other apps.

Loading auv3 in Gadget could destroy its stability IMHO and that’s another story. But in any case, it’s a lot of work! Pro Tools is like the last to get everything other DAW’s have and it’s industry standard. It was the last DAW by far to get 64 bit support. It still doesn’t have delay compensation for sidechain and it’s the industry standard DAW. Do you know how many users have been asking for that for well over 10 years! They decided to put efforts into broken useless cloud collaboration.

Maybe I’m just used to this type of abuse but it is what it is.

• Plus it seems Taipei was made primarily to drive the Volcas, with AU apps being a happy byproduct. Which, if I recall, was FREE.