Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• It’s obviously very popular on the Switch aswell. Can see now why these latest gadgets were more for a switch audience the marketing behind them and landing on that platform first Korg definitely was pushing for more buyers in that market I think.

• man, can't believe somebody is actually listening such music voluntarily :-D :-D

• @DaveMagoo said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@R_2 said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@R_2 said:
    First of all:

@GovernorSilver What happens if you select ‘restore’ from the gadgets list on your iPhone?
    Did you also test with WiFi off - Bluetooth on? Perhaps try a different WiFi network (if that’s an option)?

It’s strange, because my installation of Memphis and Pompei went so fast/smooth I (incorrectly) assumed it no longer required remote install.

Restored purchased gadgets on iPhone
    WiFi Off and Bluetooth on... Nope, still get "Connection Failed"

WiFi needs to be on

Yes, but in case WiFi fails it seems to also be possible through Bluetooth according to Korg support
    It wasn’t a joke.. perhaps it forces the connection to be made through Bluetooth.

@GovernorSilver is iCloud Drive activated on both? Did you reset your router (and iPad/iPhone just in case). If it still doesn’t work I’d try it at another place/network.

Power-cycled the router

Restarted Gadget on both devices

Still same problem.

I guess you guys who have Remote Install working are on IOS 12.4 or the beta? Both my devices are on 12.3.1

I'm not motivated enough to bring both devices with me to the library or some other WiFi area. I'm not convinced my home WiFi network is the problem as both devices can access the internet, and I've never had trouble using AirDrop between them.

I was going to drop the money on Electribe Wave and get its gadget but if a basic function like Remote Install doesn't work with my devices, what other bugs lie in wait for me?

Back to playing with other apps...

Seems a very unusual case...I just used my kids iPad mini 1 to remote install on iPhone as I don’t have an iPad....such a shame as now it is such a great mobile noodling pad

Both my devices are on IOS 12.3.1

• @dendy said:
    man, can't believe somebody is actually listening such music voluntarily :-D :-D

I actually love the 'energy' in the cover...
    ...then again I'm the type of person who enjoys listening to chip music and the HVSC collection gets more play-time here than anything on Spotify :)

• I’m ok with chip music but TBH these gadgets are ugly and blah sounding. Kamata is ugly, but I think it sounds interesting. For 16 bit (PCM) sounds, you can use Marseille, M1 and Wavestation. M1 sounds remind me of playing old DOS games with the Soundblaster chip, (dating myself a bit.) I watched the Zunata demo live-stream. The impression I got from them was that they were completely bat-@#£&;.

• edited August 2019

What @LucidMusicInc said... i like HVSC collection too, there is lot of goodness in C64 music and i actually build few years ago SID chip based diy synth because i liked it's sound :-)

But his Gadget stuff, and those plugins - it sounds just ugly to my ears, like LucidMusicInc said ...

But ok... many people, many tastes, my question was more sarcasm/yoke than serious question :-)))

• @Jumpercollins said:
    It’s obviously very popular on the Switch aswell. Can see now why these latest gadgets were more for a switch audience the marketing behind them and landing on that platform first Korg definitely was pushing for more buyers in that market I think.

Dude put in some serious effort to create that tune. 👏🏼 Crazy

• @caspergomez said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    It’s obviously very popular on the Switch aswell. Can see now why these latest gadgets were more for a switch audience the marketing behind them and landing on that platform first Korg definitely was pushing for more buyers in that market I think.

My hands are shaking too much holding the iPad and trying to scan the QR codes from the monitor, always missing a scene or two :D

• R_2R_2
    edited August 2019

@Peter321 said:

@ioue said:
    @Peter321
    Of course I understand your point. As I mentioned this is a design in this new browser, but I also know that this is not the best.

There are 2 completely different concept to manage files. I just picked one simple usual way: as a result, I cannot see not-downloaded files right now. I will have a vacation time in Japan from the next week, refresh my head, and might dive in this topic. Meantime, hope you guys enjoy the new gadgets.

Thanks @ioue I hope you have a great (and well deserved!) vacation. If you look at other apps (like Apples own Garageband for example) you will see that ALL files are visible (mainly project files for GB), with an indication (cloud icon) of whether they are downloaded or not. I hope you can see the benefit of this and find a way to implement it in Gadget again.

For now I'm just using local storage and sticking to one device, but I want Gadget to be the best 😉 I'm sure you can get it there :smiley: Thank you for listening to us and participating in the forum - it is very much appreciated :+1:

Yes, I experienced the same. A new map full of samples isn’t visible on my iPhone. Can’t get it to download them from the files.app either. Some Rex files were invisible too. I trust @ioue will fix this (after his vacation ;))

By the way, on my iPhone Rex files have the Propellerheads Recycle logo on their icons. Has that always been this way? Or is Recycle for iOS coming :o
    Cause on my iPad they have a different icon (GoodReader app in my case).

• @caspergomez said:

And he did it with an awkward game hand controller. Really crazy....

• @Simon said:

@caspergomez said:

And he did it with an awkward game hand controller. Really crazy....

Exactly!

• edited August 2019

Interesting read for the 8bit headz: https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurenorsini/2019/08/07/how-video-game-music-is-driving-a-vinyl-record-resurgence/#5dc1a12f1bc8
    Perhaps these latest updates may serve Korg well.

• I think Gadget got a new breath of fresh air with this update. But the latest one which I just downloaded already caused 4 crashes in AUM while hosting KEW, GeoShred and Gadget. Trying to pinpoint issue but Gadget outside of AUM doesn’t crash it.

• @R_2 said:

@Peter321 said:

@ioue said:
    @Peter321
    Of course I understand your point. As I mentioned this is a design in this new browser, but I also know that this is not the best.

There are 2 completely different concept to manage files. I just picked one simple usual way: as a result, I cannot see not-downloaded files right now. I will have a vacation time in Japan from the next week, refresh my head, and might dive in this topic. Meantime, hope you guys enjoy the new gadgets.

Thanks @ioue I hope you have a great (and well deserved!) vacation. If you look at other apps (like Apples own Garageband for example) you will see that ALL files are visible (mainly project files for GB), with an indication (cloud icon) of whether they are downloaded or not. I hope you can see the benefit of this and find a way to implement it in Gadget again.

For now I'm just using local storage and sticking to one device, but I want Gadget to be the best 😉 I'm sure you can get it there :smiley: Thank you for listening to us and participating in the forum - it is very much appreciated :+1:

Yes, I experienced the same. A new map full of samples isn’t visible on my iPhone. Can’t get it to download them from the files.app either. Some Rex files were invisible too. I trust @ioue will fix this (after his vacation ;))

By the way, on my iPhone Rex files have the Propellerheads Recycle logo on their icons. Has that always been this way? Or is Recycle for iOS coming :o

This icons comes from Gadget. I and guys in PH decided that we include the icon since just an white paper-like one is boring ;)

• We released v4.5.1 addressing the Otorii display UI issue. That happened on iOS 11 or lower. Sorry about this.
  • edited August 2019

• @ioue said:

@R_2 said:

@Peter321 said:

@ioue said:
    @Peter321

This icons comes from Gadget. I and guys in PH decided that we include the icon since just an white paper-like one is boring ;)

Cool B)
    and thanks for implementing case-insensitive list 👍

• Thanks! Is there a way to make the download size smaller? It’s killing my data plan😳

@ioue said:

• We released v4.5.1 addressing the Otorii display UI issue. That happened on iOS 11 or lower. Sorry about this.
  • @ioue said:

Thanks for the update. Quick question about Electribe Wave patches. My User Patches do no show up in the Gadget version of the synth. Is there something I need to do in order for them to appear?

Thanks!

• @caspergomez said:
    Interesting read for the 8bit headz: https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurenorsini/2019/08/07/how-video-game-music-is-driving-a-vinyl-record-resurgence/#5dc1a12f1bc8
    Perhaps these latest updates may serve Korg well.

“Vinyl’s heyday was in the mid-20th century. By the mid-1950s, vinyl 13” LPs were the preferred music format in the United States and Canada, a trend that continued until the late ‘80s. “
    writes some over privileged teenbot who doesn’t even know what size an LP is.

the 8bit crew requests emergency surgery for their collective splitting sides..
    besides which... 4 bits is plenty for me and should theoretically be enough for anyone :)

• Everything is just starting to click with me and Gadget. Really truly enjoy using it so much now. I guess I’ve learned enough in the last year that i understand the workflow a lot more...and the whole production process at that.

Here’s a short little lunchtime jam using a lot of Warszawa and samples galore in Bilbao and Abu Dhabi:

As always thanks for listening. Hope you enjoy.
    👊🏼™️

• edited August 2019

@echoopera said:
    Thanks for the update. Quick question about Electribe Wave patches. My User Patches do no show up in the Gadget version of the synth. Is there something I need to do in order for them to appear?

I had this problem on my iPhone, but eventually got my user patches to appear by doing this:

1. Export any user patches you've made in the Gadget version, and then delete them all so your user bank is empty.
    2. Gadget settings > Other settings > Utility > Remove Warszawa
    3. Close Gadget and reopen, it should come up with the install window for Warszawa again.
    4. Hopefully your user patches show up now, and you can also import any Gadget patches you backed up before.

Not sure if step 1 is necessary, but I had some patches saved in the Gadget version and my standalone patches wouldn't show up until I cleared the user bank before re-installing.

• Yeah me too! But I can’t for the life of me sync start KEW, Gadget in AUM! Only KEW sync starts.

@echoopera said:
    Everything is just starting to click with me and Gadget. Really truly enjoy using it so much now. I guess I’ve learned enough in the last year that i understand the workflow a lot more...and the whole production process at that.

Here’s a short little lunchtime jam using a lot of Warszawa and samples galore in Bilbao and Abu Dhabi:

As always thanks for listening. Hope you enjoy.
    👊🏼™️

• @Tones4Christ Gadget doesn't support Start/Stop as of now. Maybe soon in an update.

Here's a little in camera effects to accompany it as well:
    https://youtu.be/o93oGT_OBQk

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Yeah me too! But I can’t for the life of me sync start KEW, Gadget in AUM! Only KEW sync starts.

If you load Gadget and KEW into input slots in Audiobus, with AUM in the output slots, you can start them all together using Audiobus’ transport.

• Man, completely forgot to do that🤪🤓

@wim said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Yeah me too! But I can’t for the life of me sync start KEW, Gadget in AUM! Only KEW sync starts.

If you load Gadget and KEW into input slots in Audiobus, with AUM in the output slots, you can start them all together using Audiobus’ transport.

• Love KEW in Gadget and it occurred to me they could have named it Hamburg, home of PPG/Wolfgang Palm.
    Kind of a missed opportunity.

• @ioue said:

Thanks. Will download and see if this fixes my problem with not being able to Remote Install Memphis on my iPhone, which is on IOS 12.3.1. The iPad which has iMS-20 is also on IOS 12.3.1.

• @ioue
    Still getting random (but more frequent now) VOLUME drops... not sure if it’s related to Limiter being enabled or not (happened when I enabled Limiter on a song yesterday... could have been a coincidence)
    Sometimes happens when I Mute or Solo a track, then all Master VOLS drop to zero. I though the last update resolved it, but the issue is back.

• @ioue
    When I close (swipe out) KG on iOS, then re-launch, it often starts with a blank, 1-track, unnamed project.