Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• @djjuniorpops said:
    Arturia iSem does not show up in AU list, anyone else notice this

Do a rescan for plugins mine is showing.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    What is the main benefit of using Stagelight versus other apps?

How much is this for MacBook?

And the packs, presets vs loops, how does that work?

What are the synths like on this app/program?

I bought full just didn't have time to try it.

Wait. You want to know if the app is any good — after you have already bought the app and all its IAP.

I recognize this behavior myself...

• @cuscolima said:
    But where is the « Record to timeline » button on the iOS version ?

Long press the record button

• Great, thanks

@legsmechanical said:

@cuscolima said:
    But where is the « Record to timeline » button on the iOS version ?

Long press the record button

• edited November 2018

@Paa89 said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Paa89 said:
    Hello guys a couple of questions.is it possible to add for Es 1/32 notes to the drum pattern track?when I tap on add instrument and choose drum,I can’t double tap to open the drum pattern of the new track.and is it possible to have 3 Oct on the keyboard?

The drum sequencer has 2 views, tap the eye icon upper right then the 4 squares icon upper left, a drop down menu offers options. Key keyboard sizing is possible in settings, not sure if 3 octaves are an option...
    Edit you can get to three octaves by scaling windows way back but everything else gets very tiny

Hello there thanks for th answer.when I tap on the eye icon I get only option to show master track and send track.for me to be able to see the new drum instrument I have to creat and empty event on the track and then be able to open the drum and edit the samples.
    Here is the video of me tapping on the tracks and trying to open the editor.

Sorry about that- I always start in clip view, that’s where the drop down and options are, in the clip editor for drums.

If you are working in the time line rather than clip view, create a clip in the time line, tap the gear icon then tap “edit” and you have access to to the same options, eye icon to switch view, then you can select quantization, and even unsnap

• @RUST( i )K said:

Crossplatform, universal, midi mapping (enhances in the work), loop recorder, clip launcher, arrangement view... it’s the nearest thing to Ableton in iOS for 9 bucks.

20$ For the full unlock, free as le like iOS but check the different options since being internal credits based is not so straightforward for the good. You can save some bucks doing the things right.

• @RUST( i )K
    The chief upside for me is the clipview-to-timeline way of working, very Live-like as @Dubbylabby points out. Make clips with your drum machine, .wav loops, instruments, then launch them, chained or in whatever order, record to time line. There’s only a couple other apps that offer something like this workflow on iOS and this is the most direct.

The instruments all have useful sounds, but the new one Sampleverse is the king, a semi modular thing that lets you blend oscillators and samples with LFO and envelopes for modulating most parameters, it’s pretty deep stuff

• edited November 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Janosax said:
    About AU midi, Link, IAA, etc... everything is on the road map. They seems to have great motivation to make things quickly. Time will tell. But long story short, StageLight was not supposed to even have AU and Files on initial release, but under our insistance they add it pretty quickly despite they’re new to iOS. They also said that they needed to make first release now to support their development costs scheduling. Beta tests come back again next week, so next features will come quickly I think/hope.

Don't wish to be (at all) cynical, but some of our experience at this point suggests we should ride them as hard as possible at the beginning as development tends to tail off as sales do....

Yes I agree 100% with you. See BM3, AudioLayer, Ampify... Hope here is about SL marketing sheme with unlock iap for each new version: you pay for V4, but have to pay again for V5 (even if you still can use V4). If they want to have some gains in long terms, they need to make customers happy, so they need to satisfy their requests/needs. But as I said time will tell, and as we say in France: ne vendons pas la peau de l’ours avant de l’avoir tuer (don’t sell the bear skin before have killed it!).

• @Jumpercollins said:

@djjuniorpops said:
    Arturia iSem does not show up in AU list, anyone else notice this

Do a rescan for plugins mine is showing.

Thanks, that worked

• @Janosax said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Janosax said:
    About AU midi, Link, IAA, etc... everything is on the road map. They seems to have great motivation to make things quickly. Time will tell. But long story short, StageLight was not supposed to even have AU and Files on initial release, but under our insistance they add it pretty quickly despite they’re new to iOS. They also said that they needed to make first release now to support their development costs scheduling. Beta tests come back again next week, so next features will come quickly I think/hope.

Don't wish to be (at all) cynical, but some of our experience at this point suggests we should ride them as hard as possible at the beginning as development tends to tail off as sales do....

Yes I agree 100% with you. See BM3, AudioLayer, Ampify... Hope here is about SL marketing sheme with unlock iap for each new version: you pay for V4, but have to pay again for V5 (even if you still can use V4). If they want to have some gains in long terms, they need to make customers happy, so they need to satisfy their requests/needs. But as I said time will tell, and as we say in France: ne vendons pas la peau de l’ours avant de l’avoir tuer (don’t sell the bear skin before have killed it!).

Love the Bear quote, hadn't heard it before. I do love the French language and most mornings can be heard shouting tais toi at my barking dog, which the Texans here are always puzzled by :)

• How is this app for linear (non loop or clip based) composition?

Anyone have any comments on the orchestral iap?

Honestly the most exciting thing in this thread so far is the “it can automatically slice up a sample into individual notes” — that ease of building custom instruments would be incredible for me.

• Haven't played enough with the app to decide if it's for me ... but anyone else very underwhelmed by the previews of sample packs?!? I listened to most(and very generic style choices too ) and hardly heard any inspiring loops...

• edited November 2018

Agree the sample packs are not so hot. Don’t see that as a problem though as it’s so easy to load your own samples in via the files app

• @JonLewis said:
    How is this app for linear (non loop or clip based) composition?

Anyone have any comments on the orchestral iap?

Honestly the most exciting thing in this thread so far is the “it can automatically slice up a sample into individual notes” — that ease of building custom instruments would be incredible for me.

Support for sfz instruments is great too as Auria Pro is the only other app on iOS that supports this that I know of. You can put a collection of samples in a folder, then create a text file in sfz format that references them or you can load many free sfz files from the internet which are bundled together with the samples they use. You can use the same collection of samples and create different sfz files that use them which provides for even more flexibility while not having to create duplicates of your samples (e.g. different drum kits or string sections).

• Importing midi seems like a breeze..

• So does anyone know a sauce of good free sfz instruments then? Google doesn’t actually seem that helpful

• edited November 2018

@BiancaNeve said:
    So does anyone know a sauce of good free sfz instruments then? Google doesn’t actually seem that helpful

Good question. Maybe time for SFZ Fodder thread.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    So does anyone know a sauce of good free sfz instruments then? Google doesn’t actually seem that helpful

Hmmmm that should have been source shouldn’t it.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Hmmmm that should have been source shouldn’t it.

I just thought you were being super cool.

• So in the store you have to purchase credit for the amount$$ of packs sounds features you want? Was a little confused at first seems kind of odd way of having an extra step.
    Anyways app looks pretty fresh and intuitive. Excited to check this one out, IAP purchased!
    Saucy indeed

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    So is this more like Cubasis or Beatmaker 3, or a combination of everything?

More like Beatmaker. Loops, scenes. Midi and audio.

But like both no fucking tempo change.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

And the packs, presets vs loops, how does that work?

What are the synths like on this app/program?

I bought full just didn't have time to try it.

Wait. You want to know if the app is any good — after you have already bought the app and all its IAP.

I recognize this behavior myself...

I know

Fucking sick

RIght?

I was like a universal DAW!

as I am walking dog.

Buy.

Forget to even open app till this am on toilet.

I love first world problems and behaviors.

Wow.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    @RUST( i )K
    The chief upside for me is the clipview-to-timeline way of working, very Live-like as @Dubbylabby points out. Make clips with your drum machine, .wav loops, instruments, then launch them, chained or in whatever order, record to time line. There’s only a couple other apps that offer something like this workflow on iOS and this is the most direct.

The instruments all have useful sounds, but the new one Sampleverse is the king, a semi modular thing that lets you blend oscillators and samples with LFO and envelopes for modulating most parameters, it’s pretty deep stuff

Glad I got it before reading up on it.......

LOL

Personally, great timing.

NO NS2 in sight.

No universal BM3.

I mean, I need a semi DAW thing for my iPhone anyway.

This works if it works.

I remember you mentioned this a minute ago

• Haha.
    I'm with you.
    I totally don't need this, but I like everything about it! Especially the clip launching. Is there a limit to the sale?

• @Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I've completely missed all the Stagelight threads, but just a quick peek looks like the building and launching clips thing could be useful.

Yes the clip launcher sold it for me, the app initially looks very basic and cheesy even with all the bright colours that was my first thought when I got it for Windows 2 years ago.

But with version 4 under the hood there is a lot going on. You just have to dig in and find all the options. Glad it’s come to iOS as brings new things other DAWs don’t have.

How powerful is the clip launcher? I’d love to replace the launchpad app to allow more midi mapping flexibility and fx options, but it’s pretty solid and I’ve not found anything on iOS that can compare. Before I blow a bunch of time, do you have insight on if it’s worth digging in to see if it could replace launchpad? (App, not hardware)

• Why are we asking all these questions? No vdeos to speak of? No manual? The online “lessons” for the app just ain’t cutting it .
    Arrghh.. No money from me

• Hello guys anyone else having midi import issues?i tried to import some midi that work in both cubasis and bm3 but in Stagelight it gives me blank midi event

• I like it. Very easy to fiddle about with and has a fun feel to it. Some apps do, most not so much. My guess is this will last longer then Wednesday (for me) and that's passing quite a test (for me :) ).

• @Paa89 said:
    Hello guys anyone else having midi import issues?i tried to import some midi that work in both cubasis and bm3 but in Stagelight it gives me blank midi event

Me too with some files. OpenLabs are aware and working on a fix.

• @BiancaNeve said:

Here’s a link to a video I did about how to import sfz files into StageLight and it has a link to a couple of sfz files and their samples. I’m still waiting to hear back from the StageLight developers about what sfz specs they support before digging in deeper myself.