Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• edited November 2018

Bought it yesterday including the unlock for plugins.
    It seems I cannot use IAA instruments also midi plugins like StepPolyArp are not possible. How I can record Patterning or D1 in Stagelight? Maybe I miss something?

Stagelight is not Audiobus or AUM compatible, isn’t it?

I have also some problems using AU Plugins in full screen mode. Some of them are displayed not completely like SynthMaster One.There can be a cutaway in the bottom part.

But Stagelight looks very interesting! 😎

• Love the app so far.have a couple of questions.is it possible to change the grid for the drum pattern?like get 1/16 1/32 ecc?and once you have added an instrument track how can you change the instrument on that track? And this to the developers just a suggestion,instead of having a menu to clear solo and mute,what would be nice is to have solo and mute button directly under or near the master channel fader

• edited November 2018

@chandroji said:
    Bought it yesterday including the unlock for plugins.
    It seems I cannot use IAA instruments also midi plugins like StepPolyArp are not possible. How I can record Patterning or D1 in Stagelight? Maybe I miss something?

Stagelight is not Audiobus or AUM compatible, isn’t it?

I have also some problems using AU Plugins in full screen mode. Some of them are displayed not completely like SynthMaster One.There can be a cutaway in the bottom part.

But Stagelight looks very interesting! 😎

@chandroji
    It does not have IAA or AU midi or cross track midi as yet so no you can’t use SPA AU or Rozeta but I’m sure it’s on there to do list as enough people have requested it.

StageLight is a cross platform DAW so when they add something they have to consider that I think.

Currently on Windows you can’t use Plugin Boutique Scaler or Captain Chords which are midi senders because of the same reason.

Current not Audiobus or AUM compatible.

If you go to Settings/interface there is a window scale factor if you change the factor you should be able to resize for you particularly iPad model to scale the AU properly.

D1 and Patterning are IAA only so can’t use them at the present time only AU instruments and effects work.

• @Jumpercollins
    Thanks a lot for these infos! 😊

• @chandroji said:
    @Jumpercollins

When AU bottom misses you can scroll it vertically.

• edited November 2018

@Janosax said:

@chandroji said:
    @Jumpercollins

When AU bottom misses you can scroll it vertically.

Thanks a lot @Janosax !
    Works with sunrizer but not with SynthMaster One...

Anyway, I will try to find the right settings for the window scale factor @Jumpercollins mentioned. I use the 10.5 and 12.9 Pro.

Did anyone figured out the perfect / optimal settings for the Pro iPads?

• @DMan said:
    This is crazy I put it on my $45 USD Windows tablet that can barely run simple notes with SunVox and it’s working pretty low latency with external MIDI and 5 tracks.The best touch experience I’ve had on that thing to date. I mostly find that tablet not very worth using.

I’ll probably only put it on my iPads though as I’m pretty invested in the platform and don’t use any other for music.

Wow! Isn't Sunvox optimized to run on really old hardware? So if Stagelight, with it's modern minimal UI, runs better than Sunvox, then dang, that's really impressive!

• Does it make any sense to use Stagelight without a permanent WiFi internet connection?
    Seems like I cannot even save a song without.

• @rs2000 said:
    Does it make any sense to use Stagelight without a permanent WiFi internet connection?

I just turned WiFi off and saved a song, no problem here...

• edited November 2018

@rs2000 said:
    Does it make any sense to use Stagelight without a permanent WiFi internet connection?

You can store songs on the device or in the cloud

In the settings app scroll down to Stagelight
    Select Document storage
    then choose where you want things saved

• So is this more like Cubasis or Beatmaker 3, or a combination of everything?

• @Dubbylabby said:

Very clever movement. I didn't expect this and seems a true gamechange for me.

very intrigued, what ado you like about it?

• Hello guys a couple of questions.is it possible to add for Es 1/32 notes to the drum pattern track?when I tap on add instrument and choose drum,I can’t double tap to open the drum pattern of the new track.and is it possible to have 3 Oct on the keyboard?

• @kobamoto said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Very clever movement. I didn't expect this and seems a true gamechange for me.

very intrigued, what ado you like about it?

Loop recorder, Clip launcher, midi learn, iPhone 5s.
    Also timeline and multiplatform (ideal for workshops).

In fact if it works properly on xiaomis, as soon as it fix the litlle drawbacks (background audio, other cloud support, link...) probably will be my next platform for certain jobs.

I’m waiting NS2 but IDK if it will fit the looping tool niche better than this and neither multiplatform.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@rs2000 said:

You can store songs on the device or in the cloud

In the settings app scroll down to Stagelight
    Select Document storage
    then choose where you want things saved

Thank you :smile: :cookie:

• edited November 2018

@Paa89 said:
    Hello guys a couple of questions.is it possible to add for Es 1/32 notes to the drum pattern track?when I tap on add instrument and choose drum,I can’t double tap to open the drum pattern of the new track.and is it possible to have 3 Oct on the keyboard?

The drum sequencer has 2 views, tap the eye icon upper right then the 4 squares icon upper left, a drop down menu offers options. Key keyboard sizing is possible in settings, not sure if 3 octaves are an option...
    Edit you can get to three octaves by scaling windows way back but everything else gets very tiny

• The drum sequencer also has a few ways to enter notes that I haven’t completely figured out but dig it so far. Tap a box and drag to fill beats, get triplets, etc. great for trap hats and odd beats.

• edited November 2018

Downloaded it and like it so far.
    However, i tried to plug in my launchpad mini and map the pads to launch the clips. Wanted to recreate ableton live on ios.
    The launchpad doesn‘t map to launching the clips. Is it just me doing something wrong, or is this not possible?

Has anyone tried mapping their launchpad to the clips in stagelight?

• Its name hints at suitability for live use. Can anyone confirm?

• edited November 2018

@dniede24 said:
    However, i tried to plug in my launchpad mini and map the pads to launch the clips. Wanted to recreate ableton live on ios.
    The launchpad doesn‘t map to launching the clips. Is it just me doing something wrong, or is this not possible?

It hasn’t support for note on midi mapping yet, I understood. @Janosax has more details.

• What is the main benefit of using Stagelight versus other apps?

How much is this for MacBook?

And the packs, presets vs loops, how does that work?

What are the synths like on this app/program?

I bought full just didn't have time to try it.

• edited November 2018

@Dubbylabby said:

@dniede24 said:

It hasn’t support for note on midi mapping yet, I understood. @Janosax has more details.

@dniede24
    Yes that is CC only for now, they should add midi notes later. The only solution for you I fear is to use something like Midiflow app which is able to transform midi notes to CC and make a custom preset for your controller.

• edited November 2018

@chandroji I suggest you report your issue with your AU to StageLight team. I think the challenge for them is to have cross platform app, add to this scaling GUI and the fact they’re new to iOS there are lot of new things and protocols they need to absorb. This will go quicker with some users feedback and features requests.

• About AU midi, Link, IAA, etc... everything is on the road map. They seems to have great motivation to make things quickly. Time will tell. But long story short, StageLight was not supposed to even have AU and Files on initial release, but under our insistance they add it pretty quickly despite they’re new to iOS. They also said that they needed to make first release now to support their development costs scheduling. Beta tests come back again next week, so next features will come quickly I think/hope.

• @Janosax said:
    About AU midi, Link, IAA, etc... everything is on the road map. They seems to have great motivation to make things quickly. Time will tell. But long story short, StageLight was not supposed to even have AU and Files on initial release, but under our insistance they add it pretty quickly despite they’re new to iOS. They also said that they needed to make first release now to support their development costs scheduling. Beta tests come back again next week, so next features will come quickly I think/hope.

Don't wish to be (at all) cynical, but some of our experience at this point suggests we should ride them as hard as possible at the beginning as development tends to tail off as sales do....

• I don’t think they will bother with IAA, having never had it and with several developers removing it from their apps my guess is that they will find better uses for the development hours.

If nothing else they have to bring sampleverse to their other platforms.

• If you complete your profile, you get 6 USD store credit which you can use to reduce the price of the full unlock to 9 USD. Pretty neat.

• edited November 2018

@Littlewoodg said:

@Paa89 said:
    Hello guys a couple of questions.is it possible to add for Es 1/32 notes to the drum pattern track?when I tap on add instrument and choose drum,I can’t double tap to open the drum pattern of the new track.and is it possible to have 3 Oct on the keyboard?

The drum sequencer has 2 views, tap the eye icon upper right then the 4 squares icon upper left, a drop down menu offers options. Key keyboard sizing is possible in settings, not sure if 3 octaves are an option...
    Edit you can get to three octaves by scaling windows way back but everything else gets very tiny

Hello there thanks for th answer.when I tap on the eye icon I get only option to show master track and send track.for me to be able to see the new drum instrument I have to creat and empty event on the track and then be able to open the drum and edit the samples.
    Here is the video of me tapping on the tracks and trying to open the editor.

• Arturia iSem does not show up in AU list, anyone else notice this

• But where is the « Record to timeline » button on the iOS version ?

@gregsmith said:
    I was trying to get my head round the scope of the loop builder vs the timeline.

This sums it up: