Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Yeah, I bogged up and will have to spend some credit lol, but the real price is really great value. It’s probably the best value on iOS at this time.

I think in some respects, the graphics have strongly made me feel the app is toy like, when it’s not.

Still bemused that any iOS DAW app ignores AU midi, but hey they are all doing the same at this time.

They weren’t originally planing on having AU at all at launch.

• Quite a fun DAW, I’ve been enjoying having a noodle with the inbuilt glitch effect, so far quite stable for a first release.

• @gdog said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@gdog said:
    Hi, does anyone know if Stagelight can be played in the background/(background audio)?
    Thanks!

Not currently, will bring this to the dev on the beta boards

Cool, thanks! 👍

It has already been requested!

• @Janosax said:

@gdog said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@gdog said:
    Hi, does anyone know if Stagelight can be played in the background/(background audio)?
    Thanks!

Not currently, will bring this to the dev on the beta boards

Cool, thanks! 👍

It has already been requested!

Good to know, cheers 😀

• Crashed on me once so far, as I was messing with samples.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Yeah, I bogged up and will have to spend some credit lol, but the real price is really great value. It’s probably the best value on iOS at this time.

I think in some respects, the graphics have strongly made me feel the app is toy like, when it’s not.

Still bemused that any iOS DAW app ignores AU midi, but hey they are all doing the same at this time.

Yeah wouldn’t have bought it then, would have waited.

• @ALB said:
    Crashed on me once so far, as I was messing with samples.

To all users don’t hesitate to report any issues that will benefit to all of us :)

Open a ticket here:

http://support.openlabs.com

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

AU midi is on the list it will come quickly I think. You still could get a refund if needed.

• Freezing and export goes really well even with Audio Damage effects (including Replicant 2)!!

• @Janosax said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

AU midi is on the list it will come quickly I think. You still could get a refund if needed.

Why would I get a refund? Maybe you misunderstood my post. I did say it was the best value on iOS at the moment. Then replying to a comment that it wasn’t going to have AU originally, I would not have bought it in that case. Without AU, I wouldn’t buy any DAW now, even deleted Gadget :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Janosax said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Why would I get a refund? Maybe you misunderstood my post. I did say it was the best value on iOS at the moment. Then replying to a comment that it wasn’t going to have AU originally, I would not have bought it in that case. Without AU, I wouldn’t buy any DAW now, even deleted Gadget :p

Ok I thought you were talking about AU midi :)

• The most inconvenient issue I’m experiencing at the moment is the sizing of the AU GUI inside StageLight. It has it’s own workflow but it seems fairly stable for a first release.

• edited November 2018

There doesn’t seem to be a way to use the sampleverse grid with auv3 instruments. Is there?

• @InfoCheck said:
    The most inconvenient issue I’m experiencing at the moment is the sizing of the AU GUI inside StageLight. It has it’s own workflow but it seems fairly stable for a first release.

Too big, or too little?

• @Littlewoodg said:

@InfoCheck said:
    The most inconvenient issue I’m experiencing at the moment is the sizing of the AU GUI inside StageLight. It has it’s own workflow but it seems fairly stable for a first release.

Too big, or too little?

I’ve experienced both. It’s not too intelligent about auto sizing the GUI and/or I don’t know how to do so.

• This looks like a really impressive release. Congrats to the developers. Now I’m not sure I actually need it right now but really impressive none the less.

• edited November 2018

So far I’m loving it. If they add MPE and ability to fully host BM3, Cubasis is in big trouble.

Edit: I don’t know that it can’t host BM3 have to explore further.

• Google drive save support is coming soon according to dev.

• Also via I/O properties in the track menu you can use SamoleVerse pads as a midi controller to play a instrument on another track.

• @Janosax said:
    Freezing and export goes really well even with Audio Damage effects (including Replicant 2)!!

Is it possible to mute clips on the timeline? I haven’t found it so far, if not did this come up during beta?

• @realdawei said:

@Janosax said:
    Freezing and export goes really well even with Audio Damage effects (including Replicant 2)!!

Is it possible to mute clips on the timeline? I haven’t found it so far, if not did this come up during beta?

There mute option on the mixer section for each track or per track view for each track.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@realdawei said:

@Janosax said:

There mute option on the mixer section for each track or per track view for each track.

Yeah, I’m more interested in quickly muting a particular clip in the timeline for arrangement testing purposes. Can do it in Cubasis and of course Logic on desktop. But not in GB and it looks like not in StageLight either

• For me, I’m just waiting to see who can most elegantly implement Au midi apps going forward. It seems like they’re all working toward it, but no one is really over the hump completely yet.

• Was messing with Ableton 10 Lite today...The Link Start/Stop is golden...
    How can anyone build a DAW without it (Desktop or iOS)?

Sorry...

• This is crazy I put it on my $45 USD Windows tablet that can barely run simple notes with SunVox and it’s working pretty low latency with external MIDI and 5 tracks.The best touch experience I’ve had on that thing to date. I mostly find that tablet not very worth using.

I’ll probably only put it on my iPads though as I’m pretty invested in the platform and don’t use any other for music.

• Hi. How do you create layered sounds ie two sounds to play at the same time on ios. I managed to do it on the pc version by going to timeline view and arming two tracks - then they both played using both the internal keyboard and my pc keyboard and recorded too. On ios it only plays the highlighted track even if you arm both tracks. Any ideas on creating performance layers or any layers of sounds.

• @Jumpercollins : Thanks for informing up about the FX rescaling .. I see the built in lessons but this thing needs some tut videos and a serious manual

• @gusgranite said:
    This looks like a really impressive release. Congrats to the developers. Now I’m not sure I actually need it right now but really impressive none the less.

Agree wholeheartedly.

• edited November 2018

@realdawei said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@realdawei said:

@Janosax said:

Yeah, I’m more interested in quickly muting a particular clip in the timeline for arrangement testing purposes. Can do it in Cubasis and of course Logic on desktop. But not in GB and it looks like not in StageLight either

Tap on the on of the track meters and the track header expands to show mute and solo buttons in track view.

edit: sorry. just reread your post and you wrote “clip”, not track. I don’t know about clip muting.

• SampleVersa is a nice touch, such a powerful instrument