Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2 update

1242527293033

Comments

  • @AudioGus said:

    @recccp said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @Slam_Cut said:
    I’m not sure about this, but I get the impression that’s what the Spectral Synthesis (I’m probably mis-remembering that name) does. I’m still a bit uncertain of that feature, but from what I’ve read, I think it might do what you are asking. Maybe. 😬

    No I meant, it says you can use sound files up to an hour long. What if you want to just use ten seconds of this sound file? Are you forced to crop it or can you just highlight ten seconds and still keep the rest intact, able to readjust sliders to select a different range if you decide to. Can you automate the start and end, that sort of thing. Anyway, will find out soon enough.

    I'm only guessing, but setting start/end points is the most basic sampler feature. I would assume that's included for sure in such a complex app based around sampler. Not sure about the automating, but we can hope :)

    Only reason I ask is that the shots of the sampler I saw had an 'audio editor' button on them as opposed to a waveform... which made me wonder if it is destructive editing... ...probably not... ... ... .

    In NS1 you have to either trim or resample and save the clip as a new sample, whether in TRG or Eden. Or you could overwrite the original.
    Not sure if that’s been specified for NS2 in an earlier post.

    I got used to that with NS1 and found it actually improved my archiving habits, though I may have lost some good samples during the adjustment period. It’s how I’ve worked in AudioShare the past few years, comes in very handy when building my own presets in different sample-based apps.

    It would be nice to have the option in NS2. Seems like it’s more convenient to have in an all-in-one-box workflow...like the sampler on the OP-1, that’s handy for chopping drum breaks into kits.

  • NS1 just had a price Fall to 1.99
    So version 2.0 still on planned ETA ?!

  • @david_2017 said:
    NS1 just had a price Fall to 1.99
    So version 2.0 still on planned ETA ?!

    Yeah, Matt said that was what he was gonna do so that’s a good sign things are progressing. Crossing fingers for Dec 7th

  • I want some videos and more teasing material.... not only reading... hearing and watchign

  • @david_2017 said:
    I want some videos and more teasing material.... not only reading... hearing and watchign

    I want the dev focus on the things that get the product out the door of which teasers and videos are not. But that’s just me.

  • I would like to read the manual pdf before...

  • Yeah, Matt said that was what he was gonna do so that’s a good sign things are progressing. Crossing fingers for Dec 7th

    A day of infamy!

  • “And on that day the world changed...”

  • edited December 2018

    @echoopera said:

    “And on that day the world changed...”

    ...assuming The Lord supports AUV3 display/automation properly and provides decent midi editing. Can an iOS brother get x2 /2 on timeline based midi clips one day?

  • Now i didn’t say how it changed...what we do with a creators fire is up to the disciple 🤪

  • @echoopera said:

    “And on that day the world changed...”

    Why you takin candids of me at work?? :unamused:

  • @echoopera said:
    Now i didn’t say how it changed...what we do with a creators fire is up to the disciple 🤪

    'Let there be light'

  • edited December 2018

    Poor Oppenheimers burden he carried with him into the emptiness and nihilism he helped to bring forth into the modern era.

  • edited December 2018

    @3sleeves said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @recccp said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @Slam_Cut said:
    I’m not sure about this, but I get the impression that’s what the Spectral Synthesis (I’m probably mis-remembering that name) does. I’m still a bit uncertain of that feature, but from what I’ve read, I think it might do what you are asking. Maybe. 😬

    No I meant, it says you can use sound files up to an hour long. What if you want to just use ten seconds of this sound file? Are you forced to crop it or can you just highlight ten seconds and still keep the rest intact, able to readjust sliders to select a different range if you decide to. Can you automate the start and end, that sort of thing. Anyway, will find out soon enough.

    I'm only guessing, but setting start/end points is the most basic sampler feature. I would assume that's included for sure in such a complex app based around sampler. Not sure about the automating, but we can hope :)

    Only reason I ask is that the shots of the sampler I saw had an 'audio editor' button on them as opposed to a waveform... which made me wonder if it is destructive editing... ...probably not... ... ... .

    In NS1 you have to either trim or resample and save the clip as a new sample, whether in TRG or Eden. Or you could overwrite the original.
    Not sure if that’s been specified for NS2 in an earlier post.

    I got used to that with NS1 and found it actually improved my archiving habits, though I may have lost some good samples during the adjustment period. It’s how I’ve worked in AudioShare the past few years, comes in very handy when building my own presets in different sample-based apps.

    It would be nice to have the option in NS2. Seems like it’s more convenient to have in an all-in-one-box workflow...like the sampler on the OP-1, that’s handy for chopping drum breaks into kits.

    Thanks for NS1 insights... yah I am imagining a Gadget-esque sampler approach. Not a bad thing if that is how it turns out to be but surely increases my interest / expectation of audiotracks. I guess I am seeing NS2 now as a more open/powerful Gadget in many ways.

  • @echoopera said:

    “And on that day the world changed...”

    Does this mean the dev will be chained to a rock for eternity with an eagle eating his liver? It seems a little harsh.

  • edited December 2018

    Hrmmm that’s kind of what happens to devs around here isn’t it?
    🤪💗

    Personally i will take the fire and cook with it, illuminate with it and heat up my cold surroundings and give thanks for these gifts 🙏🏼

  • Do we know what kind of micro-timing/nudging tools the sequencer will have?

  • edited December 2018

    @echoopera said:
    Hrmmm that’s kind of what happens to devs around here isn’t it?
    🤪💗

    Personally i will take the fire and cook with it, illuminate with it and heat up my cold surroundings and give thanks for these gifts 🙏🏼

    Holy deifying, Echoman.

  • I am curious about the range of really specific detailed feature wishes. You guys did add those to the Wish List thread that was open for years on the NS2 forum, right? So the dev could actually read those while he was working on the app. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the case. Shouldn't be any problems.

    Just a quick thought: The whole range of amazing features that are packed into Desktop DAW are nearly impossible to pack into an iOS app without overwhelming the whole UI/UX equation and making the app unstable. The point of the original NanoStudio was to eliminate all the arcane seldom used things and streamline an app that was really just intended as a scratch pad for ideas to later bring into a full desktop DAW. Because we loved NS so much we created a Wish List that basically brings NS2 much closer to being a complete DAW (yes I know "complete" for a lot of people will only come with audio tracks - leave that point for a moment). There is a delicate balance between having every feature to try to please everyone and the efficient workflow that will allow most users to create and finish tracks. The balance will be at a slightly different point for everyone, so there is no way that the app can have everything we can imagine. I'm not harping on anyone. I just want a note of practicality to keep expectations realistic. I for one won't be happy until we get Siri as a backup singer.
    Joke. Just joking.
    No really. I want it. Someone make that app.

  • @Slam_Cut I have never used NS1 and haven’t been following the development of NS2 so any feedback from me will be new. Will check the wish list out before any requests though.

  • @Slam_Cut said:
    I am curious about the range of really specific detailed feature wishes. You guys did add those to the Wish List thread that was open for years on the NS2 forum, right? So the dev could actually read those while he was working on the app. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the case. Shouldn't be any problems.

    Tried registering a couple times. Was always in verification limbo.

  • @AudioGus said:

    @Slam_Cut said:
    I am curious about the range of really specific detailed feature wishes. You guys did add those to the Wish List thread that was open for years on the NS2 forum, right? So the dev could actually read those while he was working on the app. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the case. Shouldn't be any problems.

    Tried registering a couple times. Was always in verification limbo.

    Me too, couldn’t get registered so gave up.

  • I was mostly tongue-in-cheek with that post. There is no way for people to be expected to keep up with every app that is created. I was just hoping people aren't getting to many high expectations about some things NS2 was never meant to address. I hope to find some surprises in there, and hopefully many others will be pleasantly surprised as well. The forum is recently closed to new members, since there will be a brand spanking new one for NS2, but the Wish List can still be read through, if you are in need of boring late night 'put you to sleep' sort of reading material. :)

  • edited December 2018

    @TrevorLlewellyn
    @AudioGus

    Forum registrations for new users are currently disabled - it's because current forum will be deleted and new one, based on Vanilla Forums will be opened, probably in the day of release. Matt's plan is to use time between submittinfg to appstore for approval and day of release for building new website and new forums...

    When new forum will be opened, it will be posible to register again.

  • @dendy said:
    @TrevorLlewellyn
    @AudioGus

    Forum registrations for new users are currently disabled - it's because current forum will be deleted and new one, based on Vanilla Forums will be opened, probably in the day of release. Matt's plan is to use time between submittinfg to appstore for approval and day of release for building new website and new forums...

    When new forum will be opened, it will be posible to register again.

    I tried a few months ago

  • @dendy said:
    @TrevorLlewellyn
    @AudioGus

    Forum registrations for new users are currently disabled - it's because current forum will be deleted and new one, based on Vanilla Forums will be opened, probably in the day of release. Matt's plan is to use time between submittinfg to appstore for approval and day of release for building new website and new forums...

    When new forum will be opened, it will be posible to register again.

    I first tried over a year ago.

  • @AudioGus said:
    Can an iOS brother get x2 /2 on timeline based midi clips one day?

    Very good idea, that would be very handy !

    I can promise you, if you don't register on new forums to add this request to wishlist thread, then i will do it for sure ;)

  • @dendy said:

    @AudioGus said:
    Can an iOS brother get x2 /2 on timeline based midi clips one day?

    Very good idea, that would be very handy !

    I can promise you, if you don't register on new forums to add this request to wishlist thread, then i will do it for sure ;)

    Please do!

  • 😂😂> @AudioGus said:

    @dendy said:
    @TrevorLlewellyn
    @AudioGus

    Forum registrations for new users are currently disabled - it's because current forum will be deleted and new one, based on Vanilla Forums will be opened, probably in the day of release. Matt's plan is to use time between submittinfg to appstore for approval and day of release for building new website and new forums...

    When new forum will be opened, it will be posible to register again.

    I first tried over a year ago.

    😂

  • @ohwell said:
    Do we know what kind of micro-timing/nudging tools the sequencer will have?

    If they are at least on par with what was in NS1, then they will be among the most intuitive and easy to use in the iOS environment.

This discussion has been closed.