Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2 update

Cut/pasted this from the blipinteractive forum today, some good news :)

Hello my loyal forum posters! Sorry for the complete and total lack of communication, I've decided to just keep my big trap shut about release times because most evidence strongly points to the fact I get them utterly wrong. But you all know that already.

If pushed I'd probably say I err on the side of pessimism in general life (pessimists would of course call this realism) but when it comes to predicting release dates there must be some sort of optimist alter-ego which comes out and takes control for a while. Or maybe it's my way of psychologically ignoring how it's really going to take, because that would bring out the pessimist side again.

Anyway, I'm just finishing up on the sample editor which leaves me with final task to get IAP working and I can say it's code complete. I've been keeping the bug count extremely low as I go so hopefully the final testing/polishing will be a short process. I will also have to write the manual and update the website/forum, which I'm not really looking forward to but will be an essential part of the job.

I'm confident enough for a 2018 launch that I will publicly auction one of my own legs on eBay if I don't make it*

For those curious about the initial IAP:

• The standard app comes with about 400 drum samples, approximately 80 of which are multisampled acoustic drums with hit/velocity variations. The principle here is that drums are very difficult to synthesize effectively, so samples are still the most appropriate choice. However, most of the factory synth patches are synthesis based (rather than sample based) in order to keep the initial download small and not use up device storage on factory content many people will possibly never use.

• The initial IAP is intended 'to fill the gap' by offering good quality multisampled instruments, and will be generally organised by genre so that people will have the choice of paying for and downloading only what they feel they need. There will be a further 600 synth patches available as IAP, divided into 4-8 different IAP packs (haven't quite decided on the division yet). I hope they will be seen as a useful enhancement to the app which puts users in control of what they want to purchase, rather than as a lazy developer cash cow!

Finally, I'd like to offer my apologies to those who have contacted me with regards to beta testing and haven't had a reply. I very much appreciate the offers and I used to reply to each one individually but I've been getting so many offers recently I've got out of the habit of doing it - it's nothing personal! The bottom line is that I've involved just a handful of people in beta testing, and I'm kind of happy with that amount. If I bring in more people I worry about the extra communication overhead involved and right now I feel I've got a good balance of test coverage which I don't want to disrupt.

Onwards and upwards!

• Subject to change. T&Cs apply.

Comments

• All good news then, loved the original at the time got me into iOS music apps when it came out. So will certainly get the Mk 2 version.

• Great news! Cool beans!
    Excited to see it finally and I hope we will talk about prices soon too ;)

• edited September 2018

Mmmmm sampler. :). Very very very interested... I am sitting on a nice gift card for this and the next Fab.

• tjatja
    edited September 2018

Ahhhhhhhhh :) :) :) <3 <3 <3 :p :p :p

As i predicted, within 2018!

OK, we still hope ;)

Many thanks, @iansainsbury

• @tja my pleasure - I'm very excited about this. I think it'll lead to a mass delete of barely used apps for me. I loved NS1.

• Will it be universal?

• What's the intro price on the legs? ;-)

• Yes, yes, yes ...!!! This, Grooverider, KEW (yup I broke down and got it) and Gadget are all I need. And this Drambo over here ... that's all I need! And this AUM record app from the maker of Quantum ... that's all I need .....

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    What's the intro price on the legs? ;-)

LOL, Was just about to type something similar :D

• @ErrkaPetti said:

For loss of a leg in California
    $92,583
    The average maximum compensation for one is $153,221

• @Janosax said:
    Will it be universal?

Yes. Initially it will be iPad only, then he’ll get the iPhone version out sometime later. I imagine supporting the various iPhone screen sizes is a bit challenging. No date on iPhone version, but it will be super sweet to use both iDevices.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

We'd have to get a good look at them first.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

It’s only ONE leg, maybe with toes as an IAP 😀

• @purpan2 said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

It’s only ONE leg, maybe with toes as an IAP 😀

Bummer. That would make footing the bill tougher.

• I would think the price would reasonable..... In line as other top synth apps..... So it won’t cost an Arm & a Leg..... :D

• That's cool as long as the step sequencer isn't an IAP.

• @wim said:
    That's cool as long as the step sequencer isn't an IAP.

I see what you did there.

• Anyway, I’m sure heel do his best for a fast release.

• @AudioGus said:
    Mmmmm sampler. :). Very very very interested... I am sitting on a nice gift card for this and the next Fab.

Are you using your gift card on gestroment ?

• Will it support AU?

• Whoa it ****may**** actually happen this year eh!?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    So much hype! Curious to finally see what all the fuss is about...

Go in over to Blip Interactives website and download the free Windows app of NS1. Its like BM2 with a synth that sounds a lot like Alchemy.

• Best app ever and it's not even out yet!

• @universe said:

@AudioGus said:

I wasn’t planning to as my budget is all mapped out, so I watched the videos in ‘extra critical mode’. For me there are too many unanswered questions about it. If I were using it primarily stationary for controlling VSTs on desktop via midi I would consider it but for mobile/iOS environment I just can’t see an obvious workflow path I would like.

• @AudioGus said:

@universe said:

@AudioGus said:

I wasn’t planning to as my budget is all mapped out, so I watched the videos in ‘extra critical mode’. For me there are too many unanswered questions about it. If I were using it primarily stationary for controlling VSTs on desktop via midi I would consider it but for mobile/iOS environment I just can’t see an obvious workflow path I would like.

I was considering it as generating constructions and loops for egoist and then into bm3. I’m on the fence too

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • He would do better to put that leg on Craigslist

• @Dawdles said:
    So much hype! Curious to finally see what all the fuss is about...

I never used NS1 but aparently BM3 does some similar things in the sequencer that I like so I am already pumped.

I am just hoping for solid AU automation of all available parameters. The ability to split/merge pattern clips without losing automation alignment would be awesome. BM3s pattern automation breaks when you split a pattern which was a huge disappointment. NS2 has a sampler that supports super long wav files aparently, and I dont actually tax the BM3 sampler feature set too much (modulation etc) as is so who knows... could hold up in this regard well enough for me.

This could be a nice lean mean Groovedaw that usurps BM3 for me or I just go back to BM3... or if BM3.1 ever comes out, fixes the bugs and Link works again etc the two could play well together. Would be curious about the file system / export ability measuring up though as that is a huge strength of BM3, Anyway, I don’t expect it to cost too much and I am an app nerd so gimme gimme.

This discussion has been closed.