Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2 update

12729313233

Comments

  • I anyway would prefer that background audio is on by default since this is what i turn on mostly.

  • @Zaubrer said:
    Strangely enough there are already Audiokit SynthOne clones infested with ads etc. on the AppStore which passed the review process

    Ugh.

  • @Cib said:
    I anyway would prefer that background audio is on by default since this is what i turn on mostly.

    I'm not sure, but i feel like this is against Apple rules, which is one of reasons qhy every app hava by default BG audio disabled. If this is really case, then NS2 rejection gets to the completely new level of stupidity :-)

  • @Michael_R_Grant said:

    @Zaubrer said:
    Strangely enough there are already Audiokit SynthOne clones infested with ads etc. on the AppStore which passed the review process

    Ugh.

    Caveat emptor!

  • Is this out yet !

  • @reasOne said:
    Is this out yet !

    I think he's aiming for 12/7/18.

  • @overorange said:

    @reasOne said:
    Is this out yet !

    I think he's aiming for 12/7/18.

    Sweet! Any ideas on price?

  • @reasOne said:

    @overorange said:

    @reasOne said:
    Is this out yet !

    I think he's aiming for 12/7/18.

    Sweet! Any ideas on price?

    $29,99

  • @reasOne said:

    @overorange said:

    @reasOne said:
    Is this out yet !

    I think he's aiming for 12/7/18.

    Sweet! Any ideas on price?

    Somebody will maybe correct me but I think I saw it quoted as £28.99

  • edited December 2018

    W> @reasOne said:

    @overorange said:

    @reasOne said:
    Is this out yet !

    I think he's aiming for 12/7/18.

    Sweet! Any ideas on price

    Think it’s 30 dollars plus another 10 dollars for audio tracks

  • @dendy said:

    @Cib said:
    I anyway would prefer that background audio is on by default since this is what i turn on mostly.

    I'm not sure, but i feel like this is against Apple rules, which is one of reasons qhy every app hava by default BG audio disabled. If this is really case, then NS2 rejection gets to the completely new level of stupidity :-)

    I think you must be right dendy. Apple care more about the appearance that their devices have long-lasting batteries and want default settings to preserve battery life. Users have to sort out the settings.

  • edited December 2018

    Whatever it is it will be worth it and people will ask why he’s not charging more. Except for a few that will say it should be priced less because they’re cheap b@st@rds! :o

  • Instant buy. Gotta wait for iPhone version but should be out soon after

  • @Panthemusicalgoat said:
    Instant buy. Gotta wait for iPhone version but should be out soon after

    If you call 3-6 months soon :)

  • edited December 2018

    @Cib said:

    @Panthemusicalgoat said:
    Instant buy. Gotta wait for iPhone version but should be out soon after

    If you call 3-6 months soon :)

    it will be close to 3 months rather than 6.. Matt said that iPhone version is actually from big part done, it just needs some polishment here and there.. that doesn’t sound like job for 6 months :) If you remember good one of first audio demos (track Bite Me) was done on iPhone 6 which means app is more or less useable on iPhone already (for lomg time)

    If i good remember 6 months is plan for audio tracks ;)

  • edited December 2018

    Maybe put the switch to turn on background audio on the launch screen of the app so the reviewer can't miss it....

    That's awesome if it has to be disabled by default but if it needs to be enabled then it fails testing. Someone isn't thinking while working...

  • edited December 2018

    @dendy said:

    @Cib said:

    @Panthemusicalgoat said:
    Instant buy. Gotta wait for iPhone version but should be out soon after

    If you call 3-6 months soon :)

    it will be close to 3 mknths rather than 6.. Matt said that iPhone version os actually from big part done, it just needs some polishment here and there.. that doesn’t sound like job for 6 months :) If imgood remember 6 months is plan for audio tracks ;)

    Maybe...but then NS2 was delayed a year or so....and we are still not there yet.
    But i hope it comes soon. I‘m using mainly my iPhone 6S plus for iOS music.

  • @Cib

    .do you remember “bite me” ? read info here, that track was done at iphone ;) at 05/27/2017 ;)
    http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11599#comment-33214

  • More coolness from Blip regarding IAP’s:

    “Yep. There are 4 main genres, each divided into two volumes. We've worked hard to try and make these real workhorse production sounds rather than one trick ponies, if you'll forgive the double equine reference.

    Each volume has around 55-75 Obsidian synth patches and 5-18 Slate kits (the balance depending upon the genre). Here are some brief descriptions:

    Acoustic 1/2 - Covers all the main bases for multisampled acoustic/orchestral instruments : Acoustic/Electric Pianos, Bass/Electric/Acoustic Guitars, Upright/Double Basses, Sax, Trombone, Trumpet, Tuba, Organ, Timpani, Cello, Viola, Violin, Bassoon, Clarinet, Flute, French Horn, Harp, Banjo, Oboe, Recorder, Choir and ensembles.

    Dance/Dub 1/2 - Electro, Club and Dance production: Deep Basses, Leads, Dubstep Bass, Screams, Noise and FX.

    HipHop/Trap 1/2 - Hip Hop/Trap/Urban production: Slate kits with highly stylized drum sounds and playable tuned 808's. Obsidian instruments including Synths, Guitars, Leads, Basses and sampled Orchestral.

    Industrial/Atmospheres 1/2 - Heavy Basses, Distorted Leads, Industrial Guitars and Pad FX / Atmospheres.

    FREE Pack - This is a small selection from the paid packs with 16 Obsidian synth patches and 6 Slate kits, but with some differences so you don't end up with 'doubled' patches if you choose to buy some of the others. This includes an acoustic and an electric piano, but the best pianos are in the Acoustic packs.”

  • I forgot about that. Nice recall dendy! That makes it easier to assume that iPhone won't be too far away. We'll have a whole new anticipation thread for that in March!

  • Awesome Video!!

  • Just saw the other thread about the vid - I'll leave it here too. What a beauty!

  • Yep, this looks to me right up my street. I'm more a synth guy than a samples/audio guy (in fact I rarely use samples and I never use audio. at. all), so this should fit my personal needs perfectly!

  • It looks like it passed review. We'll be able to preorder tomorrow :)
    Should be live on the 7th. I'm so gonna ignore my relatives this weekend :))

  • I don't need audio either. This looks like a very powerful multi-track sequencer and synth engine. Quality sound source, song editor with tempo and sig tracks, powerful mixing, export/import, AUv3... if the implementation is right, the stuff it doesn't do is not important to me. I wouldn't stop using Gadget, but this apparently fills some holes there. So many options at affordable prices.

  • @alecsbuga said:
    It looks like it passed review. We'll be able to preorder tomorrow :)
    Should be live on the 7th. I'm so gonna ignore my relatives this weekend :))

    Hubba hubba hubba

  • I will preorder just for the warm fuzzy feeling....

  • @brambos said:
    Yep, this looks to me right up my street. I'm more a synth guy than a samples/audio guy (in fact I rarely use samples and I never use audio. at. all), so this should fit my personal needs perfectly!

    You and me both!

This discussion has been closed.