Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RE-1 Virtual Tape Machine & Looper - Amazing for Dub

1789101113»

Comments

• The v1.1.4 update should be popping up any minute now, here's what's included:

• Active Sample/Loop is now stored in a preset
    • Added Settings for controlling delay time knob and touch reel sensitivity
    • Tweaked time control response
    • Improved fullscreen layout
    • Changed IAA/AB name to match the AUv3 name
    • Changed the slider touch tracking from an absolute to a relative type which feels less direct but allows more accurate control
    • Fixed an issue where the tape loope export dialogue would not scale properly when using the AUv3 in fullscreen mode
    • Fixed an issue where loading the "Looper" preset would cause the plugin to crash
    • Fixed an issue where leaving and returning to the standalone app would cause the UI layout to change on some devices
    • Fixed an issue where samples created from within the app would me missing the sample rate information causing them to play improperly in other apps
    • Fixed an issue where continuously resizing the AUv3 could generate UI glitches in some cases
  • excellent!

• Nice one, Kai, appreciating this recent spurt of updates and responsiveness, good to see!

• Just updated !

• Nice one, had this offloaded but ready to reinstall as soon as I heard it was getting an update - thanks for giving the fans what they asked for!

• The UI issue on iPhone is fixed — 2 fingers to scroll around now. :-)

• ****Re-1 is great...I had a problem with the UI moving around the screen as I was trying to manipulate it but since the most recent update Kai has changed it to a fixed position that moves with the 2 finger slide...a smart man...thank u sir.

• Is it possible to export the loop audio from the AU version?

• Doesn’t seem to work well with NS2 still.

On iPhone, reloading a project with are-1 results in there being no delay output from RE-1. The only control that works is ‘hiss’. If you set the mix to 100% And hiss to 0% you get silence no matter what the other settings are.

Still silent across an iPhone restart.

Removing the plugin from NS2 and adding a new one fixes the issue until you come back to the project later when it’s silent again.

This is with the latest release versions of everything.

• Struggling to record RE in AUM. Fine when playing project back, RE on send track and everything bussed to a master for recording. Whenever I hit record however the effect completely disappears from mix. Not sure if it’s a bug or something I’m not doing, I’ve had the app for ages but not used it in a while.

• It’s working for me. I’m still on iOS 13 something though.

I had this for a long time, but never used it because it colors the sound so much. Recently I tried it again and found that it pairs beautifully with Kai’s other synths for lead lines. Shockwave is my favorite.

• @YogaDollar said:
    Struggling to record RE in AUM. Fine when playing project back, RE on send track and everything bussed to a master for recording. Whenever I hit record however the effect completely disappears from mix. Not sure if it’s a bug or something I’m not doing, I’ve had the app for ages but not used it in a while.

Post a picture of your setup. What you describe is the result that you would get if you had RE-1's output going to the hardware output rather than being sent to your master bus.

• Question. When in overdub mode. Is only the input being recorded or also whatever is currently looped?. Like if you're not recording but messing with feedback or other parameters... Are those printed?. I guess I don't know if it's recording all the time or just when there's input... BTW... If you're not playing but in overdub... Are you recording blank audio to the loop?.

• @espiegel123 said:

@YogaDollar said:
    Struggling to reco

Post a picture of your setup. What you describe is the result that you would get if you had RE-1's output going to the hardware output rather than being sent to your master bus.

Thank you for your reply. That’s exactly what I thought when I was jamming and did check routing.

As you can see it’s a very simple setup with two loops recorded from Tube Au with sends going to RE.
    I swapped out RE last night with Kosmonaut and everything worked fine.

Tried to replicate this morning and was having no problems.

Can only think of two potential possibilities. Firstly that my apps are not auto updating since I tried to disable apple iOS updates, perhaps opening the app through the store updated the app? Second at one point in jam I introduced another channel which had gauss on it and fed back into the master, deleted this as I didn’t get round to using it but this may have introduce a bug?

Anyways all’s well that ends well, I posted really to thank you and Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr for getting back.

• Anyone getting crashes in AUM?

• All good here. IOS 13.7 iPad Air2.

• @wim said:
    All good here. IOS 13.7 iPad Air2.

Thanks. Will reboot and try again

• Any Re-1 user now what the Tape Length AUv3 parameter does? Does it only make a difference when using the looper mode?

• @espiegel123 said:
    Any Re-1 user now what the Tape Length AUv3 parameter does? Does it only make a difference when using the looper mode?

Answering my own question, it is the overdub mode loop length…corresponds to the 2,4,8 bar buttons.

• @espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Any Re-1 user now what the Tape Length AUv3 parameter does? Does it only make a difference when using the looper mode?

Answering my own question, it is the overdub mode loop length…corresponds to the 2,4,8 bar buttons.

I’ve hardly ever used the Looper mode on RE-1. Find it rather unintuitive.

• @tahiche said:

@espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:

I’ve hardly ever used the Looper mode on RE-1. Find it rather unintuitive.

I enjoy the looping mode. I never use imported loops but turn it on when doing spacy ambient exploration.

• edited January 5

Would be cool if Kai Aras apps came to desktop. 🥲

• @NeuM said:
    Would be cool if Bram Bos apps came to desktop. 🥲

RE1 is not a Bram Bos app.

• @espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:
    Would be cool if Bram Bos apps came to desktop. 🥲

RE1 is not a Bram Bos app.

Yes, I realized that as soon as I posted it. LOL.

• edited March 30

I bought RE-1 today and I'm quite lost. Please explain to me relationship between 'Delay time' knob and 3 buttons below BPM sync toggle. I expected that I see note values (1/8, 1/4, 1/8d, ...) around Delay time knob if BPM is set to on but delay time is still in ms. Similar situation is for Panning rate.
    I didn't find any clue under ? help and also didn't find full manual ... is there any?
    EDIT: Got it, I had to use a magnifier to decrypt text under heads. Now it is clear for me.