Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioLayer by VirSyn - The mobile Sampling Solution for iOS

Comments

• @Dawdles said:

@VirSyn said:
    @eross @thepinkelefant
    Yes, AudioLayer comes with to AUv3 plugins, one is an instrument which can be used in the input slot and one as a Music Effect AU for the effect slots. ( and maybe we will deliver a normal effect AU with the next update if it makes sense ). So you can directly sample into AudioLayer anywhere in the signal chain. And if you connect it to MIDI then it will even start recording with the MIDI note. This is handy if you want to take samples / multi samples of a setup you want to have.

If I understand correctly this sounds like the workflow functionality when multisampling across keys on a Korg Microsamper? Really nice workflow! Can see my resistance failing as soon as this is released and grabbing it to check it out! Is that workflow also possible via input threshold auto record? Like auto-arm when select a key/zone and then just play the sample source to activate recording? Would be useful for sampling/quick allocating to zones when need hands free for sampling stuff like guitar notes and pedals etc..

That would be quite useful!

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This is one of my iOS music dreams come true!!! I've been waiting for exactly this type of app to come along for EVER!!! Thank you for supporting the iPhone!!!!! This is a no brainer must-buy!!!

One question: Patch sharing. This will be an essential thing. Does it support patch sharing?

• @VirSyn said:
    @eross @thepinkelefant
    Yes, AudioLayer comes with to AUv3 plugins, one is an instrument which can be used in the input slot and one as a Music Effect AU for the effect slots. ( and maybe we will deliver a normal effect AU with the next update if it makes sense ). So you can directly sample into AudioLayer anywhere in the signal chain. And if you connect it to MIDI then it will even start recording with the MIDI note. This is handy if you want to take samples / multi samples of a setup you want to have.

perfect! I hope Apple gets it processed quickly, because I have my finger on the buy button. thanks

• IOS could also need an autosampler.....just saying :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @VirSyn said:
    @eross @thepinkelefant

And this right here let’s me know this is a must have

• For the creatives we’ve also integrated a special “Single Cycle Waveform” detector making the use of this special files a breeze.

Uhhh... sounds good. Bring on the videos!!!

• Wait, Can Reslice record in via the signal chain? One of the things that has held me back from using reslice is the fact that I have to record something, then import it in order to slice it up. Am I missing something?

• @david_2017 A user manual and some videos are planned, but they may take a couple of days to come up.

@Cib it's not completely automatic but it's damn near, maybe even better due to more control over the process.

• Not int the signal chain yet only from input or via import , but now that we have it in AudioLayer this feature will trickle down to ReSlice as well...

@shiftsynth1 said:
    Wait, Can Reslice record in via the signal chain? One of the things that has held me back from using reslice is the fact that I have to record something, then import it in order to slice it up. Am I missing something?

• @VirSyn said:
    Not int the signal chain yet only from input or via import , but now that we have it in AudioLayer this feature will trickle down to ReSlice as well...

@shiftsynth1 said:
    Wait, Can Reslice record in via the signal chain? One of the things that has held me back from using reslice is the fact that I have to record something, then import it in order to slice it up. Am I missing something?

Amazing. Thanks!

• edited August 2018
  • I see no way to avoid buying this day one

• @Dawdles you can't crack the rules Apple makes...but maybe this is all good for us.
    But there is no need to crack: There are two ways AudioLayer handles the instruments and samples
    1. You are using the cloud ( this is the preferred method and will be automatically used if you're already there )
    In this case it's like in good old days: complete access and control over your files in the Files App and everything is transparent in AUv3 too. Both use the same folders and you have access to files outside.

1. You can switch the App to "local mode" : Then your back in the world you already know - importing and exporting is your friend. As soon as any App tries to use the Files App it will break the AUv3 <-> stand alone barrier. The only way around this would be private syncing between both and this means double space usage, which maybe ok with many apps but not very good with samplers...But we keep this option open but think the future is iCloud anyway.
      If you ever worked with it and how seamlessly projects flow through your devices ( and desktop !! ) you'll never go back !
  • edited August 2018
  • @Dawdles i haven't followed discussions around Spacecraft, all i can say that AudioLayer AU / MusicEffect AU and stand alone app all use the same data, are in sync and have the same functionality.

• Hopefully using iCloud will not cause the safari freezebug of death

• @Cib said:

@lano said:
    Stream direct from disk avoid (or decrease) a lot of RAM problems/limitation. Seamless transition between patches is a must. I hope it comes with full midi implementation for live performance (patch change, midi learn)

True but with huge amounts of voices it can be to slow sometimes.

I have not any issues with this in beta regarding slow speeds or issues.

• @VirSyn said:
    @Dawdles you can't crack the rules Apple makes...but maybe this is all good for us.
    But there is no need to crack: There are two ways AudioLayer handles the instruments and samples
    1. You are using the cloud ( this is the preferred method and will be automatically used if you're already there )
    In this case it's like in good old days: complete access and control over your files in the Files App and everything is transparent in AUv3 too. Both use the same folders and you have access to files outside.

1. You can switch the App to "local mode" : Then your back in the world you already know - importing and exporting is your friend. As soon as any App tries to use the Files App it will break the AUv3 <-> stand alone barrier. The only way around this would be private syncing between both and this means double space usage, which maybe ok with many apps but not very good with samplers...But we keep this option open but think the future is iCloud anyway.
      If you ever worked with it and how seamlessly projects flow through your devices ( and desktop !! ) you'll never go back !

Ironically iCloudDrive does NOT work so well as some folders are 'hidden' in the macOS Finder unless a 'parent app' is installed on the Mac. Meaning I would have to have a 'Mac Version' of AudioLayer installed in order to see it's folder under iCloud Drive...

I have plenty of apps with iCloud Drive enabled and yet I can not see their folders on my Mac (or the other iOS device unless the app is installed) but I can see them on the iPad. Compared to for example DropBox Apples iCloud Drive is 'broken & buggy', we'll see if iOS12 'fixes' some of these annoyances.

So yeah. I'll most likely be using 'local storage' on the iPad and accept these called 'duplicates' which according to APFS specs should just be 'pointers' to the originals anyway.(Meaning it 'looks' like the file takes double the space but in practice it's just one file accessed from multiple hard-links when a change to one of them is made a new file is created).

Then again I'm not interested in using multi-gigayte sample libraries with AudioLayer but instead practice some old-school sampling. The raw samples from my SY85 take roughly 4.5MB of storage after trimming as an example :)

Looking forward to playing around with AudioLayer!

• wasn't this a thing of iOS 7 ?
    i never ran into an issue.

@david_2017 said:
    Hopefully using iCloud will not cause the safari freezebug of death

• @Samu can't tell for other Apps, but i ( and the beta testers ) could see the AudioLayer folders without problems on the Mac. It was a real help on testing that recordings are almost immediately accessible on the Mac :-)

• I have been wanting this since the first week I bought an iPad and found Fiugure. And Cubasis. And then Animoog. And then Sunrizer and Gadget and Impaktor and....you get the picture.

Instabuy.

• People - you’re coming up with bugs before we even get our hands on it! Let’s give it the fanfare it deserves and get this beauty launched first!

• @VirSyn said:
    @Samu can't tell for other Apps, but i ( and the beta testers ) could see the AudioLayer folders without problems on the Mac. It was a real help on testing that recordings are almost immediately accessible on the Mac :-)

Goodie, will check once it's out on the AppStore...
    If it works then if works, if it doesn't scr*w iCloud Drive, enter Local Storage :D

• @gusgranite said:
    People - you’re coming up with bugs before we even get our hands on it! Let’s give it the fanfare it deserves and get this beauty launched first!

No, I am just careful after this initial encounter with quanta. And when he said it’s iCloud my red lights turn on. That’s all.

• @gusgranite said:
    People - you’re coming up with bugs before we even get our hands on it! Let’s give it the fanfare it deserves and get this beauty launched first!

THIS!

• @Samu said:

Ironically iCloudDrive does NOT work so well as some folders are 'hidden' in the macOS Finder unless a 'parent app' is installed on the Mac. Meaning I would have to have a 'Mac Version' of AudioLayer installed in order to see it's folder under iCloud Drive...

I'm sitting here looking at my iCloud drive folder on both my iPad Air2 and MacBook Air and I see all folders in both places. For example on my Mac, I see my folders for KQ Dixie, LayR, Model 15, and GB iOS none of which are installed on the Mac so maybe something has changed since the last time you looked?