Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - August 2018

Comments

• edited August 2018

@Spidericemidas said:
    >

You can download to Audioshare or Dropbox from any website in Safari or Chrome. From there just unzip and import, but it would have to be one at a time. An online Rex converter would be great. But actually I’m getting more use out of Reslice nowadays and just loading chopped wavs into Bilbao. To be fair Stockholm actually brings nothing new to Gadget unless you already had a Rex library.

Very true. I like the workflow with Bilbao. I’m currently chopping up some DnB drum loops from old Retronyms packs and restructuring/randomising them more in Bilbao for a new track idea. I have Reslice but haven’t used it much. Nice idea, I will have a go with it. Cheers! Keep up the great work with Gadget!

I’m only using Reslice for chopping. @RockySmalls mentioned on the forum that a Reslice can resample audio through Audiobus export slices as a zip folder making it the best sample chopper available. The arppegiator is cool but I see no need for it at the moment using the superior sequencer and effects in Gadget. There’s a Tutorial on the channel here if you’re unfamiliar with it. Also I’ve got this video here demonstrating loops and chops in Stockholm as well as this one here where you can preview the good Stockholm presets, I left out the cringe ones.

• Listen to Cm - 88bpm - August 10, 2018 by Jo Le #np on #SoundCloud

I think I posted wrong on my post above. Roast me.

• @Martyreasoner said:
    Listen to Cm - 88bpm - August 10, 2018 by Jo Le #np on #SoundCloud

Nah!.... Not gonna Roast you.... I’m gonna apply Gravey, & some Fafa beans, with a nice Cianitie.. ( probably spelt that wrong?)... Brill production mate.... Badly needs some vocals of some type.... Tho that’s not a criticism.... Only a suggestion... Love the track mate... Love it!.... ;)

• @studs1966 said:

@Martyreasoner said:

Nah!.... Not gonna Roast you.... I’m gonna apply Gravey, & some Fafa beans, with a nice Cianitie.. ( probably spelt that wrong?)... Brill production mate.... Badly needs some vocals of some type.... Tho that’s not a criticism.... Only a suggestion... Love the track mate... Love it!.... ;)

Thanks, I don't sing or rhyme so maybe I'll add some samples if I find something cool.

• My first entry into SOTM club. I’m starting a project to write some mellow music for my wife to use in her yoga classes. Hope to distribute it once I get enough tracks. This is my first mixing effort, but I think it turned out good.

I wrote this in Gadget using Recife, Chicago, Kiev, Helsinki, Salzburg, Berlin and used delay and reverb effects in Gadget to get the idea and rough mix down. Then exported the tracks without Effects to Auria Pro and used Pro R and Timeless2 for reverb and delay via Aux sends. Also put some ProQ on each track and Saturn on the Master channel for light saturation.

Please let me know what you think, and I’ll start to review everyone’s tracks as well!

• Cool stuff. I liked it. I found it chill, but not necessarily relaxing if that makes sense. Maybe its because the melodies seem to be in minor keys/modes or maybe they don't resolve to the tonic note. I'm not sure, I'm not a theory expert. I enjoyed it, alot though. Namaste.

• @Martyreasoner said:

@studs1966 said:

@Martyreasoner said:

Thanks, I don't sing or rhyme so maybe I'll add some samples if I find something cool.

Nothing wrong using samples...Every Track now has samples..... Startung from Roland Drum machines, in which even iOS apps have (before anybody says some against using sample)... :D

• Long time lurker, first time uploading a track to the SOTM thread. :sweat_smile: I can’t say enough great stuff about the tracks in here - there’s so much talent and people making amazing stuff across so many genres and styles, it’s a real source of inspiration.

This is what I have to share with the group. I’m still working in the mode of playing “live” in AUM, building up a patch and then recording it, rather than building it up in a DAW.
    This is Fugue Machine with each playhead driving a different instrument (Mersenne, Troublemaker, Ripplemaker, and Phasemaker) with some send effects and a Rozeta LFO changing some of the operator ratios in Phasemaker and the cutoff in Troublemaker. Recorded from AUM into AudioShare, touched by Final Touch, and uploaded. I’m super not happy with the mix but I’m not sure yet where I went wrong - there are a couple spots where Troublemaker pushes into distortion that I didn’t hear when I was playing but can’t seem to scrub out in the mix.
    I’ve only been pursuing iPad musicianship for a few months, so please, any comment you think will help or educate me, don’t hesitate. Cheers!

• edited August 2018

@Martyreasoner said:
    Cool stuff. I liked it. I found it chill, but not necessarily relaxing if that makes sense. Maybe its because the melodies seem to be in minor keys/modes or maybe they don't resolve to the tonic note. I'm not sure, I'm not a theory expert. I enjoyed it, alot though. Namaste.

Namaste.
    Thank you for the listen and the kind words. And I get what you mean about the non-relax vibe. Next track!

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, with guest vocals by @LostBoy85, lyrics in the spoiler:

Nice song! Good lyrics and overall sound. Mix is clear as well.

Two things I would suggest changing: the chords underneath and overall dynamics. The notes used were all major triads I believe? Use a couple of inversions here and there to switch it up. I like to find a common note in all the chords of the song and keep that same note for every chord and just switch up the other notes around it. So if the chord progression is Cmaj, Fmaj, Amin, Gmaj, Fmaj, play the chords as C-E-G, C-F-A, C-E-A,B-C-G (dissonance), A-C-F...play the same C the whole time. For Overall volume level, it was about the same throughout to my ear...maybe bring the verses down a touch and play louder in the chorus?

Loved the guitar bits in between the vocals! Added a nice change to the sound that kept the ear peaked.

• @Jmcmillan said:

@richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, with guest vocals by @LostBoy85, lyrics in the spoiler:

Nice song! Good lyrics and overall sound. Mix is clear as well.

Two things I would suggest changing: the chords underneath and overall dynamics. The notes used were all major triads I believe? Use a couple of inversions here and there to switch it up. I like to find a common note in all the chords of the song and keep that same note for every chord and just switch up the other notes around it. So if the chord progression is Cmaj, Fmaj, Amin, Gmaj, Fmaj, play the chords as C-E-G, C-F-A, C-E-A,B-C-G (dissonance), A-C-F...play the same C the whole time. For Overall volume level, it was about the same throughout to my ear...maybe bring the verses down a touch and play louder in the chorus?

Loved the guitar bits in between the vocals! Added a nice change to the sound that kept the ear peaked.

Thanks for the feedback - regarding the chords there are some inversions in there - I recorded the keys by actually playing them, so the progression in the verse is C - G (1st inversion) - A - Em (1st inversion). The Chorus is C - F (2nd inversion) Am (1st inversion) G (1st inversion) F (1st inversion). When writing at the keyboard I try to keep the travel between chords to a minimum so I use inversions as much as possible. The idea of keeping a common note in there is an interesting one though, although it might not work in every progression, but it's definitely an idea to experiment with.

• Cool...must have heard the chords wrong then ! Also Sometimes I’ll play backing chords as Root-fifth-2nd(in the next octave, so C4-G4-D5 just to spread out the sound a bit.

• @theconnactic said:
    This is my newest original song, “Superstar”! Don’t be fooled by the title - this one has (mostly) Spanish lyrics. Also, it’s the first time I do this genre of music. What genre? Listen and find out! Lyrics in the description. As usual, recorded and mixed in Auria Pro with an Apogee One, MXL mics and a guitar (controlling the synths via MIDI using the BOSS DR-5) and a bass (but the beat is Garageband). Enjoy!

Loved it! Nothing negative to say. You really get a nice sound out of the garage band drums.

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Can I offer this Gadget track, please?

A lot of nice elements in there...liked it! I didn’t like the length but couldn’t come up with what to cut...

• @Jmcmillan said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    Can I offer this Gadget track, please?

A lot of nice elements in there...liked it! I didn’t like the length but couldn’t come up with what to cut...

Ta very much! Yeah, I’ve also been trying to figure out how to shorten it a bit without losing the different elements. Too many ideas in this one! A few bars of things could benefit from a reduction in length to start with.

• @Spidericemidas FWIW now that I’ve been working more in Gadget I see how EASY it is to have these tracks be longer. Something I was working on clocked in at like 6 minutes which for me is long, I was like daaamn whaat?

• @icsleepers said:
    @Spidericemidas FWIW now that I’ve been working more in Gadget I see how EASY it is to have these tracks be longer. Something I was working on clocked in at like 6 minutes which for me is long, I was like daaamn whaat?

Agreed! Layer layer layer...oops...7 min :D

• @icsleepers said:
    Allllllllrighty, July came and went pretty quick. I've this!

A return to form here, this is some blocs wave, Model 15, Replicant2 and GarageBand all jumbled together. Fun fact, started off as an Auxy song and I've just kind of given up on that, plus, how else am I gonna play with my wonderful AUv3's?!

Thanks everyone :)

Nice track!
    I got a feeling like I of unresolved-ness...is that a word? I think it’s from the minor chords under the guitar riff that seems to be in a major key, causing some dissonance. I liked it!

• edited August 2018

Hey, everyone! I’m new to the forum and realize that I’m a bit tardy with this entry so I thought I would upload a piece I’ve been working on to at least hear any individual’s opinion or constructive criticism of my work thus far. I’m new to this genre of music (I suppose it has elements of “House” or “Dance” or electronic but I’m not entirely sure), so I hope to hear feedback if you find you may be able to help.
    I made this in Korg Gadget and I’m afraid I haven’t been able to mix or master this track yet really so some of the highs in the melody are a bit untamed (among other things).

• @obijohn said:
    @barabajagal Pretty intense, man! Loved the percussion and the consistent dirty feel. Not sure if there was something wrong with the stream but I only had sound on the left channel. Tried to reload it but got the same. I’ll try again later on a different device because I’d love to hear it the way it was intended.

I liked the track too. I had same issue though left channel only. Thought I lost hearing in my right ear (again!)

• edited August 2018

@EDB said:

Like the track! Trumpet reminded me of Chris Boti. I thought the elements blended together well.

• @Jmcmillan said:

@icsleepers said:
    @Spidericemidas FWIW now that I’ve been working more in Gadget I see how EASY it is to have these tracks be longer. Something I was working on clocked in at like 6 minutes which for me is long, I was like daaamn whaat?

Agreed! Layer layer layer...oops...7 min :D

Lol, yeah. @icsleepers Damn, I wish I could get my tracks down to 6mins. I have one clocking in at 20mins! Thought I’d better not submit that one here. 😅😅

• edited August 2018

@theconnactic said:
    This is my newest original song

I really like this song, Superstar. It isn't exactly the sort of music I look for, but the rhythm track is solid and the melody gets my attention. Definitely a salsa flair to this. I'm always impressed by the video presentations with your music.

• @barabajagal said:
    potus

I wasn't sure at first, but as this track continued, it started to grow on me. Very vinyl sounding, and a throwback to my 20's.

• @obijohn said:
    Feedback welcome, especially on the mix.

It sounds good on my headphones - the KOSS did have a muddier sound. I plugged in the K240's and the mix was a lot cleaner sounding. I might bring the drums closer to the top. I heard that echo on the tail. Overall a good track.

• edited August 2018

I have been working on this song since the early 90's. I originally wrote the lyrics to be used as a slam poem, which ran a full 3 minutes and managed to win a couple of local contests. Fast forward to 2018 and I'm experimenting with AudioKit Synth One, FM Player, and Beatmaker 3. Then, while walking the dog late one night, I realized I had lyrics to this experimental sound I created. So I heavily edited the lyrics to fit the track, and after many attempts to get it all right I came up with Life Is Hell. Not sure if it will ever be right, but I had a lot of fun.

• @BayingRidges said:
    Hi All,

This is my first time putting a track up on here. It is an ambient/dark ambient track all done in iOS. Hope you enjoy it and I am open to any and all comments, criticisms, opinions, etc.

I think this kind of track either appeals or not. For me, yes, I like it. I think it works, that the drones and effects give it enough depth for me to be carried by it and it is a great accompaniment to a couple of minutes of quiet time. It has a fair bit of menace in there too. Like it a lot, well done

• @Jumpercollins said:

A SpaceCraft, Gestrument Pro duet! With a sprinkling of Phosphor 2.

Like this, carried me along nicely. Actually really liked the ebb and flow of the backing pads the most. Am on holiday and checking out your and @BayingRidges tunes on headphones on the beach. Work really well actually, otherworldly 😉. Great stuff, well done

• @Martyreasoner said:

With a bit more skittering percussion I would’ve got a real Four Tet vibe from this one. It’s really good and I enjoyed it a great deal. Maybe if the percussion got a bit more frenetic towards the end, and maybe just a hint of a vocal sample here or there, would’ve just made it stand out more for me. But really good, well done!