Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - August 2018

Comments

• @icsleepers said:

@studs1966 said:
    Hot August...…. Well..... You know what's coming......lol.... Here they are... Same Vocals.... This time no Disco Mix!

YEAHHHH ok normally not my bag but you got me on the Latino mix lol. Both are great, this just has that extra something!!! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Mate.... My pleasure, & thank you for listening to it Bro... ;)

• @icsleepers said:

@crouchie said:

Vocal is uncomfortably loud. I am trying...
    Words came to me when I was at the beach. Lots of large folk.

Love the synth bass, I think the vocals sit in the mix just fine! I love the stripped down aesthetic. Another awesome submission my man :)

Many thanks!

• @crouchie said:

Vocals sound fine to my newb ears. Got a lovely 808 state feel to it and then the vocals sit nice (for me). Idk if it means anything but my audiohub doesn’t show any red peaks on anything including the vocals, for me that’d be an achievement in itself :#

• @EDB said:

@crouchie said:

Vocals sound fine to my newb ears. Got a lovely 808 state feel to it and then the vocals sit nice (for me). Idk if it means anything but my audiohub doesn’t show any red peaks on anything including the vocals, for me that’d be an achievement in itself :#

Thank u!

• @theconnactic Nice groove and lovely chilled tune, very enjoyable. The offbeat rhythm gives it a summery reggae feel, and the vocal melody is excellent, one of your best IMO.

• @Spidericemidas Very good mellow chill-out track, the female vocal sample is exquisite and definitely the thing that really makes the track work. The track is a bit too long for my tastes, if it was me I would have trimmed it down to 4 or 5 minutes, but other than that it's all good, a very enjoyable listen.

• @icsleepers Excellent production, the mix balance is perfect and everything sounds sooo slick. I would have liked a bit more of a hook to pull me into the music though, there's lots of cool sounds and samples in there but no really strong melodic or groove-based hook. The guitar sample is really cool, and so is the vocal one.

• @EDB I like the intro breakbeat that isn't too manic (unlike a lot of Drum and Bass, the bpm is more mellow here). The trumpet is a great build into the track, and is definitely my favourite element in the whole mix. Once the faster drums set in the track does feel a bit like a collage of disparate elements though, I don't really feel much synergy between the drums, the horns, and the vocal samples, it's all a bit cut and paste for me - if I was your producer I would suggest building more elements around the trumpet and to try and find sounds that are complimentary to it.

The outro is a lot more muscular, and more cohesive IMO. It's a good track and perfectly representative of the genre.

• @obijohn Some nice riffs in there, particularly the bass riffs, but overall I did feel like I was listening to a succession of arpeggiators, I would have liked some lines with more space in them, and a more human and less quantized feel, because it felt very machine-like to me. Also some additional drums to give it a groove would definitely help.

I liked the overall idea of the relentless arps, but some contrast, some light and shade, I think would have made the concept stronger.

• @icsleepers said:
    Allllllllrighty, July came and went pretty quick. I've this!

A return to form here, this is some blocs wave, Model 15, Replicant2 and GarageBand all jumbled together. Fun fact, started off as an Auxy song and I've just kind of given up on that, plus, how else am I gonna play with my wonderful AUv3's?!

Thanks everyone :)

Great stuff. once again, we’ll produced... It would sound great on end credit of a Hollywood movie.. ;)

• @richardyot I always appreciate your honest feedback, which I try to keep in mind whenever I start a new track. I know, you’re probably thinking “he’s still not listening” lol. But I am, I promise. :smiley:

• @obijohn said:
    @richardyot I always appreciate your honest feedback, which I try to keep in mind whenever I start a new track. I know, you’re probably thinking “he’s still not listening” lol. But I am, I promise. :smiley:

Hey it's just one man's opinion, I have been known to be wrong :)

• @studs1966 Thanks good sir! :smiley:

• @richardyot said:
    @Spidericemidas Very good mellow chill-out track, the female vocal sample is exquisite and definitely the thing that really makes the track work. The track is a bit too long for my tastes, if it was me I would have trimmed it down to 4 or 5 minutes, but other than that it's all good, a very enjoyable listen.

Ta very much! You’re right. I had pretty much got stuck and given up on this track, couldn’t find a start or structure for it, until I found the vocal parts and auditioned them over various combos of the instrument tracks, which then gave me some direction and helped to lift things out of an otherwise boring instrumental. Yeah, I am trying to write shorter pieces from now on. Great feedback, cheers!

• Thanks for the nice words,
    So far, I've often thought that what I'm doing is rather unmusical and I wouldn't like anyone except me.
    It really means a lot to me, hearing and being heard.
    Thanks for that!

• edited August 2018

Simple little dance choon featuring some Stockholm filtered percussion, the synth that gets its nickname “Oddy” because it goes imperceptibly out of tune, and Berlin for bite with beats coming out of London and Recife. Now in HD video format using LumaTouch!

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, with guest vocals by @LostBoy85, lyrics in the spoiler:

Can't say what you think
    You Can't do things your way
    You're right on the brink
    Between gone and okay

You tell me that you're lost
    And you're being led astray
    You want to blow the darkness away

Just let the sunshine in
    Yeah let the light right in

There's too much to think
    But there's not much to say
    So I'll buy you a drink
    And we'll talk anyway

You tell me that it's just
    So hopeless and you say
    You want to push the darkness away

Just let the sunshine in

You say to me
    It's so cold inside
    So I say to you
    The sun will shine outside

Just let the sunshine in

Good stuff. Left a comment when u posted to the main forum, mainly to save the kitten. It’s got a really lovely summer feel, unsurprisingly. I find the drums a little lightweight but I know that’s the style, and maybe just a little more in the way of pads later on might have just given it a bit more of a lift/crescendo. (i am trying not to leave bland comments btw 😉). I think the chorus melody has a good hook and your playing/Lost Boy’s vocals are very good as always. Well done, hope to hear more from your collaboration

• @theconnactic said:
    This is my newest original song, “Superstar”! Don’t be fooled by the title - this one has (mostly) Spanish lyrics. Also, it’s the first time I do this genre of music. What genre? Listen and find out! Lyrics in the description. As usual, recorded and mixed in Auria Pro with an Apogee One, MXL mics and a guitar (controlling the synths via MIDI using the BOSS DR-5) and a bass (but the beat is Garageband). Enjoy!

That’s great! Images work really well too. It’s just a well put together little tune and has a good hook. The mix of language works, just gives a little variety. Really good!

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Can I offer this Gadget track, please?

You really used that vocal sample nicely, love it, underpins the whole track. I think this is really good, in fact beautiful in places, and I would be very proud of it, but 10 minutes is too bloody long 😉. Mind u, this is the SOTMC and it’s your tune to you do what you like with, and in fact I listened to the whole thing and really enjoyed it. I’m off on holiday next week and will enjoy playing this while I’m there. Brilliant!

• @icsleepers said:
    Allllllllrighty, July came and went pretty quick. I've this!

A return to form here, this is some blocs wave, Model 15, Replicant2 and GarageBand all jumbled together. Fun fact, started off as an Auxy song and I've just kind of given up on that, plus, how else am I gonna play with my wonderful AUv3's?!

Thanks everyone :)

Really nice mix, comes across beautifully. Like that element of discord early on, then the break. More of a grower for me, not as immediate as some of your other tunes, but still great. That vocal sample works v nicely. Great stuff

• @barabajagal said:

This is very clever and I enjoyed the sentiment. I could only hear it in my left ear however. Strange. I don’t think I’m getting the full effect. Sorry

• @EDB said:
    Guys these are all fantastic tracks and everyone should be proud! A noob like me can’t give any advice but as a music fan can say they’re all great.
    @richardyot I think this version fits your voice much better than last months though loved both.
    To everyone else I can’t add anything of use other than they were all spot on as a listener.

And here’s my lowly effort for the month https://choon.co/tracks/0xcoxh1cq7d/dreams-of-american-jazz

Made in Cubasis mainly using samples. Some of you might have heard it already. Has a cheeky sample in there but it fit so well I couldn’t not use it.
    It’s my 4th track so technical skills are sorely lacking, apologies for any sound problems.

Keep up the great work guys, these are all pro tracks :)

Really, really, really good. Love it. Particularly the 3 section approach with the shifting percussion. Lovely mix, great style, v jealous!

• @obijohn said:
    Feedback welcome, especially on the mix. This is a private SoundCloud link because I'm not really happy with the mix yet. I think it sounds muddy through one pair of headphones but ok on others, so I'm not really sure where the problem is. Anyway, here we go. A different direction from my recent stuff. Unapologetically relentless, super octane V-12, starts in high gear and goes up from there. :smile:

https://soundcloud.com/tokensonly/the-valkyrie/s-yynkt

Love that duelling arps thing you’ve got going here. Sounds almost prog rock in places doesn’t it? I do just get a hint of that muddiness you mention in the mix. It works for me though, although maybe just a little bit long, shortening/tightening up might just give it a bit more impact. Great stuff though!

• @trackedout said:

Yep, like your style. This one a touch repetitive, but liked that you have more bass in the mix than usual. Vocal is good I reckon, but not entirely sure about the brass sound. The guitars mix well. Gets my vote, good stuff!

• @Bartlinux said:
    Hi,

My entree of the Month is

I Hope you enjoy

Wow, when it gets big it gets really big. Love how the arp swamps everything early on. 20 minutes is quite an investment though, eh? Epic. Still, I did enjoy it. Good stuff

• @studs1966 said:
    Hot August...…. Well..... You know what's coming......lol.... Here they are... Same Vocals.... This time no Disco Mix!

Soulful mix this time. Top quality as always, brilliant!

• @LucidMusicInc said:

Simple little dance choon featuring some Stockholm filtered percussion, the synth that gets its nickname “Oddy” because it goes imperceptibly out of tune, and Berlin for bite with beats coming out of London and Recife. Now in HD video format using LumaTouch!

Yes, like this a lot. Great minimalist feel and the bass, in all its detuned glory, works perfectly. Nice to watch the track in action too. Well done!

• @crouchie said:

@studs1966 said:

Soulful mix this time. Top quality as always, brilliant!

Thanks @crouchie.... ;)