Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - August 2018

Comments

• @obijohn said:
    Feedback welcome, especially on the mix. This is a private SoundCloud link because I'm not really happy with the mix yet. I think it sounds muddy through one pair of headphones but ok on others, so I'm not really sure where the problem is. Anyway, here we go. A different direction from my recent stuff. Unapologetically relentless, super octane V-12, starts in high gear and goes up from there. :smile:

https://soundcloud.com/tokensonly/the-valkyrie/s-yynkt

Also, this wouldn’t be out of place as the backing for a Boss battle theme in a Japanese Shoot-em-up!! Very tense and aggressive. I just love that synth sound and riff that evolves throughout. Brilliant!

• @icsleepers and @Spidericemidas thanks for the feedback! Yes I believe it’s the percussion mostly and I’ll be focusing on that when I loop back around to this track to touch it up before release. @icsleepers it’s funny you mentioned driving a car because the working title for a while was “Countach”. Now I’m tempted to go back to that :smile:

• edited August 2018

Hi,

My entree of the Month is

I Hope you enjoy

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, with guest vocals by @LostBoy85, lyrics in the spoiler:

Can't say what you think
    You Can't do things your way
    You're right on the brink
    Between gone and okay

You tell me that you're lost
    And you're being led astray
    You want to blow the darkness away

Just let the sunshine in
    Yeah let the light right in

There's too much to think
    But there's not much to say
    So I'll buy you a drink
    And we'll talk anyway

You tell me that it's just
    So hopeless and you say
    You want to push the darkness away

Just let the sunshine in

You say to me
    It's so cold inside
    So I say to you
    The sun will shine outside

Just let the sunshine in

Superbly done!....... Nuff said..... ;)

• @theconnactic said:
    This is my newest original song, “Superstar”! Don’t be fooled by the title - this one has (mostly) Spanish lyrics. Also, it’s the first time I do this genre of music. What genre? Listen and find out! Lyrics in the description. As usual, recorded and mixed in Auria Pro with an Apogee One, MXL mics and a guitar (controlling the synths via MIDI using the BOSS DR-5) and a bass (but the beat is Garageband). Enjoy!

Another brilliant song.... Love your stuff mate....

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Can I offer this Gadget track, please?

Terrific tune.... Good production..... Sweet as a nut... ;)

• @obijohn said:
    Feedback welcome, especially on the mix. This is a private SoundCloud link because I'm not really happy with the mix yet. I think it sounds muddy through one pair of headphones but ok on others, so I'm not really sure where the problem is. Anyway, here we go. A different direction from my recent stuff. Unapologetically relentless, super octane V-12, starts in high gear and goes up from there. :smile:

https://soundcloud.com/tokensonly/the-valkyrie/s-yynkt

Nicely done... Reminds of KLF/Orbital, or early R&S Records sound. Of 1992... Fab!..... ;)

• @Bartlinux said:
    Hi,

I Hope you enjoy

Very good, & very different...... Good production.... Took me by surprise, after the intro.... Didn’t expect that.....Caught me very pleasantly off guard.... Great stuff!... ;)

• @barabajagal said:

Great use of samples... I was imbracing myself for a instant Fully blown Hardcors, or Drumn Bass beat..... But it didn’t.... Nor did it it need to.... Nice one mate... ;)

• Hot August...…. Well..... You know what's coming......lol.... Here they are... Same Vocals.... This time no Disco Mix!

• Vocal is uncomfortably loud. I am trying...
    Words came to me when I was at the beach. Lots of large folk.

• @crouchie said:

Vocal is uncomfortably loud. I am trying...

Well I liked it..... it’s nice & laid back.... ;)

• @trackedout said:

This is great. I get a sense of the 80s psychedelic revival similiar to stuff that was released on the Delerium label.

• @Bartlinux said:
    Hi,

I Hope you enjoy

SYNTH SUPER SAW HEAVEN! I found this a very uplifting track. Cute in some ways. And the arpeggios/sequences rock!

• @studs1966 said:
    Hot August...…. Well..... You know what's coming......lol.... Here they are... Same Vocals.... This time no Disco Mix!

Both mixes appeal to the House side of me. I’m only listening on my iPhone speakers at the mo, but they sound great. Piano sound is spot on for the genre! Really good!

• @crouchie said:

Love the beat. I didn’t find the vocals uncomfortably loud. They are the focal point of this track, besides which they sound great enough to be right up front in the mix and not shying away in the background.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@crouchie said:

Love the beat. I didn’t find the vocals uncomfortably loud. They are the focal point of this track, besides which they sound great enough to be right up front in the mix and not shying away in the background.

Thank u, v kind. I think I’m just a poor judge of the level when it comes to my own voice, self conscious etc etc

• @Spidericemidas @icsleepers @obijohn
    Wow thanks for the comments guys, I’ll let Mr Bukem know he’s to watch out :p

Loving all these tracks again this months, you guys are awesome!

• @trackedout Your mixes are getting great, this is well-balanced and sounding professional. Loved the horns. Made me think of “Stone Temple Pilots meets early Chicago” which I never realized I needed until now lol. Nice job!

• @Bartlinux Anytime someone can get me to listen to an entire 20 minute track and stay interested the whole time, they’ve created something special. Really good job with all the complex rhythms and sounds weaving in and out. My only suggestion would be, on a track of this scope, introducing something about halfway through that changes the feel more fundamentally and then working back up to the core elements of the track for the last 3rd. But that’s just me and probably not what you had in mind for the track as a whole. Feel free to ignore that, because you’ve done a great job here!

• @trackedout said:

Really love the groove, not sure if I just have a problem understanding vocals but I couldn't catch what the words are :/ great bass work! Might be a tad long but that could also be my music ADD kicking in

• @studs1966 said:

@crouchie said:

Well I liked it..... it’s nice & laid back.... ;)

Thank u!

• @studs1966 I liked the Latino version personally, though it seemed to be clipping a lot which may be just SoundCloud squashing the hell out of your levels. But yeah I loved the rhythm and drive of it, especially the piano. The House version was good too but not as interesting to me (again just my personal preference). Great job on both!

• @crouchie This is a fantastic song! Your vocal level is spot on, don’t be afraid to hear yourself. :smile: I loved the background vocal harmonies, which was a very nice touch. The lyrics were cool too. Is there a background story to them you’d like to share?

• @obijohn said:
    @crouchie This is a fantastic song! Your vocal level is spot on, don’t be afraid to hear yourself. :smile: I loved the background vocal harmonies, which was a very nice touch. The lyrics were cool too. Is there a background story to them you’d like to share?

Thank u for your v kind words. Background story. I always like to think of my own meaning to songs, but I realise that in the case of my tunes which would only be listened to by half a dozen people, that comes across as a load of pretentious bollocks! I was at the beach and looking around and saw many, ahem, well-nourished people around me, and said to myself ‘I live among giants’. Had the tune waiting and it just seemed to roll out. In my job I often help people with weight issues and so the words are meant to be supportive not critical, about perception and how people feel devalued by others.
    Or just a bit of fun about living with giants that like to hide! Thanks again for listening, I will review yours soon, but always enjoy your tunes very much

P

• @icsleepers hey thanks I appreciate your listen . It's my first song tracked in Spanish so I hope that's why you couldn't catch it, if not then I have a problem to fix!

• @studs1966 said:
    Hot August...…. Well..... You know what's coming......lol.... Here they are... Same Vocals.... This time no Disco Mix!

YEAHHHH ok normally not my bag but you got me on the Latino mix lol. Both are great, this just has that extra something!!! Thanks for sharing!

• @trackedout said:
    @icsleepers hey thanks I appreciate your listen . It's my first song tracked in Spanish so I hope that's why you couldn't catch it, if not then I have a problem to fix!

Well, that would explain lol :( ignore me then!

• @crouchie said:

Love the synth bass, I think the vocals sit in the mix just fine! I love the stripped down aesthetic. Another awesome submission my man :)