Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spacecraft post part 2

Comments

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @Carnbot I went with the approach of having samples saved independently from the presets. I would've loved to put the audio into the presets like quanta does but I couldn't really do that as SC use 2 minute long audio files and the presets would be huge. So instead the audio is shared between presets based on file name. This was a nightmare of epic proportions but I think the pain was worth it. Hopefully it's intuitive enough to use.

Something I like to do is to do a performance recording which now autosaves the recording into the internal audio pool, then immediately load that back into the sequencer (that's really easy now, just tap the coloured buttons at the top). That way you can regranularise some granular stuff multiple times and get some pretty mental results.

The most convenient approach is just to save an AU session in the host and it automatically saves the audio that way. If you use an AU host you don't even need to create presets.

Yeah thanks for the hard work, it's working great. Just to be able to save a session and load it back as it was without thinking about it makes a huge difference :) Sounds like you made the right approach with sharing the audio across presets and can imagine the pain involved in getting it to work...

I'm using as an AU in apeMatrix the most where I can automate the controls, amazing :)

• I like the new colour themes a lot!

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @Carnbot I went with the approach of having samples saved independently from the presets. I would've loved to put the audio into the presets like quanta does but I couldn't really do that as SC use 2 minute long audio files and the presets would be huge. So instead the audio is shared between presets based on file name. This was a nightmare of epic proportions but I think the pain was worth it. Hopefully it's intuitive enough to use.

Something I like to do is to do a performance recording which now autosaves the recording into the internal audio pool, then immediately load that back into the sequencer (that's really easy now, just tap the coloured buttons at the top). That way you can regranularise some granular stuff multiple times and get some pretty mental results.

The most convenient approach is just to save an AU session in the host and it automatically saves the audio that way. If you use an AU host you don't even need to create presets.

well, for me your way is better.. several of us here have requested that the sample resources in Quanta could be made shareable between presets.. but it fell on deaf ears..

• Hello. So late to the party on this fantastic app. A few questions.

Can you mute all Fx so you just have a dry loop playing?
    Also any tips on getting it synced up with other apps in AUM? I have it set to sync with host.

• new piece i done in spacecraft granular

• @deltaVaudio said:

Perfect!

• Some sc arps !
    Used : AUM, spacecraft, adverb, zmors eq

• @Chaztrip said:
    Hello. So late to the party on this fantastic app. A few questions.

Also any tips on getting it synced up with other apps in AUM? I have it set to sync with host.

You can do the following:
    1. set LFO to hard left
    2. move reverb to bottom middle
    3. double tap pitch to use original key
    4. ensure only the note with the triangle is on (original key)

now you can play with the grains, if you want to hear closest to the original sample, you can use longish duration low frequency grains (bottom middle of grain panel)

Bare in mind that SC is not really great for normal sampling, you'd be better with something like Samplr for that.

(maybe should've just sent a preset ;)

• @deltaVaudio Thanks. The more I play with this the more I love it.

• @deltaVaudio said:

@Chaztrip said:
    Hello. So late to the party on this fantastic app. A few questions.

1. set LFO to hard left
    2. move reverb to bottom middle
    3. double tap pitch to use original key
    4. ensure only the note with the triangle is on (original key)

now you can play with the grains, if you want to hear closest to the original sample, you can use longish duration low frequency grains (bottom middle of grain panel)

Bare in mind that SC is not really great for normal sampling, you'd be better with something like Samplr for that.

(maybe should've just sent a preset ;)

Good tip! I’m going to make myself a Dry preset now.

• edited December 2018

Great update but the old preset are lost in the process :'(

• @deltaVaudio said:

Great update, thanks. Perhaps, if it is not too much trouble, allow a tap on a file name to hear its dry sound when viewing the presets and files? Similar to the Preview sample button in Quanta. Could be useful when the number of files starts to pile up ...

• @bleep said:

@deltaVaudio said:

Great update, thanks. Perhaps, if it is not too much trouble, allow a tap on a file name to hear its dry sound when viewing the presets and files? Similar to the Preview sample button in Quanta. Could be useful when the number of files starts to pile up ...

That would be a great feature if possible :-)

• Yes I have been planning a sample audion button. Sorely needed !

• @bresk do you mean the 4 presets from the recent beta ?

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @bresk do you mean the 4 presets from the recent beta ?

No I mean a couple I made myself

• Hopefully I won't get busted for posting this here but if anybody would like to try out SC on android the beta went live today. PM me if anybody is interested. Nae pressure (android 8.0 Oreo and above only at the moment)

• edited December 2018

Hi @deltaVaudio

Loving the new update. Very cool indeed now one can save presets containing samples.

One request! You might have noticed that the incredible NanoStudio2 has just gone live on iOS.

It really is an amazing DAW/music production tool/AU host.

Most of the AUs I have tried with it allow the user to map up to 10 parameters to NanoStudio’s 10 automation macros (which to be fair, Spacecraft also does) - but almost all the others then seem to automatically have a two-way binding with NanoStudio for these 10 parameters so you can tweak them in the AUs own UI and the automation gets recorded as midi. However, this is not the case with SpaceCraft for some reason. I can tweak a NanoStudio macro knob and it will record this automation of a bound Spacecraft parameter. But if I go and tweak that control in the SC UI while recording it won’t record the changes.

I basically really want to move around the sample’s waveform in SC where I can see what I’m actually doing, and have this recorded as automation midi in NS2.

Most (all?) other AU instruments I’ve tried this with (quite a few including the Moog ones, the Iceworks ones, Brambros etc) allow this direct recording of AU knobs (as long as the user binds them to NS2s 10 macros). [Actually the best AUs seem to by default already give NS2 their 10 most important parameters and these automatically get set up as linked to NS2s 10 macros].

Would you be able to take a look when you get a chance?

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 I think this is the same issue with cubasis automation issues with SC. I know what the issue is and I'm definitely on the case. Next update should have this in.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @Matt_Fletcher_2000 I think this is the same issue with cubasis automation issues with SC. I know what the issue is and I'm definitely on the case. Next update should have this in.

Wow. Thanks. That would be most appreciated. (By the way I edited the end of my post just now just to give a little bit more info).

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @Matt_Fletcher_2000 I think this is the same issue with cubasis automation issues with SC. I know what the issue is and I'm definitely on the case. Next update should have this in.

By the way, have you got NS2 yet? It really is amazing and IMO the most exciting new way to make full tracks that work around SC.

• Question: if i have a long audio sample and find say 5 cools spots, is there a way to save and jump to those exact spots? (Not a separate preset for each one)

• @1nsomniak currently it would be presets I'm afraid.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @1nsomniak currently it would be presets I'm afraid.

On a similar note, it would be also cool to be able to “hold” the current position of the line/cursor/grains and select another one at the same time on the same sample !! Everything is the same except we have to spots or locations on the same sample now being played

• On a SC track I was recording a few weeks back, I cut some little squares of tape and put them on the iPad to get back to certain spots on the waveform quickly, as I had worked out how to play a certain melody by jumping around to particular spots on the screen.

Markers / or vertical colored marker lines, or a way to instantly jump to spots on the waveform would be great for fast accurate live performances. ;)

• @Mayo said:
    On a SC track I was recording a few weeks back, I cut some little squares of tape and put them on the iPad to get back to certain spots on the waveform quickly, as I had worked out how to play a certain melody by jumping around to particular spots on the screen.

Creative bandaid solution!

Markers / or vertical colored marker lines, or a way to instantly jump to spots on the waveform would be great for fast accurate live performances. ;)

This would help.

So the cursor position is not one of the midi mappable parameters mentioned earlier?

• Ok I'm getting the message loud and clear ;) I've had other similar requests recently too. It seems there are two approaches to this. Markers Vs snapshots (within a given preset). I do need to implement a built in gesture controller before that so I'll need to figure out what works best alongside that, if anything. As always, thanks guys for your feedback and suggestions.

• @1nsomniak said:

@Mayo said:
    On a SC track I was recording a few weeks back, I cut some little squares of tape and put them on the iPad to get back to certain spots on the waveform quickly, as I had worked out how to play a certain melody by jumping around to particular spots on the screen.

Creative bandaid solution!

This would help.

So the cursor position is not one of the midi mappable parameters mentioned earlier?

I think the cursor position IS (or at least should be) midi cc controllable. Pretty sure it is.

• edited December 2018

Yes, it is, Seq0_MainPanel_X