Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spacecraft post part 2

Comments

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @SpookyZoo both of these things have changed as of the forthcoming update. But in the mean time just switch on midi mode in settings to achieve 1. and 2.

Oh hey, quick response cheers. Hoping to do some beta testing for you this afternoon, but wanted to test my current version before the beta to see the changes/ improvements. :) thanks.

• @deltaVaudio The app is gorgeous! Just updated to the beta. Is there a background audio setting somewhere? I’m hoping to test the MPE using GeoShred.

• @SpookyZoo To use with geoshred you would need to use inside a host and route the midi. Ideally one that can show both windows at the same time. AUM or apematrix for example. I don't think ab3 can do multiple windows yet.

Bare in mind that as I've recently been working with the geoshred Dev, the beta version of GS is more compatible with SC (there's a SC preset in geoshred beta now)

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @SpookyZoo To use with geoshred you would need to use inside a host and route the midi. Ideally one that can show both windows at the same time. AUM or apematrix for example. I don't think ab3 can do multiple windows yet.

Bare in mind that as I've recently been working with the geoshred Dev, the beta version of GS is more compatible with SC (there's a SC preset in geoshred beta now)

Ah ok, I’ll try that thanks. Not on the GS Beta though.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @Carnbot Are you on the latest beta? This was fixed in a previous SC beta build regarding NS2 automation .

Note however that the 8 macro knobs don't auto assign to SC parameters. You have to manually assign them. I to contact blip about this, I think I have to tell them which parameters to assign to the 8 macros.

In the beta I'm loving the new scales etc, but still can't see the parameters in NS2, so others can access them ok?

• @Carnbot tap edit (3 vertical lines) in the NS2 AU panel then the macro knobs turn blue. If you tap one then you should see the list of SC parameters to the right

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @Carnbot tap edit (3 vertical lines) in the NS2 AU panel then the macro knobs turn blue. If you tap one then you should see the list of SC parameters to the right

ah there we go, thanks :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Does anyone else sometimes get the AU statesaving fail? So it’ll lose the sample, or one of them, and go to default sample. Seems to be when you don’t save it as a preset, but save it with the hostsave. Not all the time though just sometimes....

Turns out @Carnbot was right about the AU state saving. I thought this was implemented but apparently I never actually put the line of code in. This is now fixed in the latest beta and will be included in the imminent update (gonna be SpaceCraft v1.1 on the App Store!). Thanks a lot for drawing my attention to this Nick!

• @deltaVaudio said:

@Carnbot said:
    Does anyone else sometimes get the AU statesaving fail? So it’ll lose the sample, or one of them, and go to default sample. Seems to be when you don’t save it as a preset, but save it with the hostsave. Not all the time though just sometimes....

Turns out @Carnbot was right about the AU state saving. I thought this was implemented but apparently I never actually put the line of code in. This is now fixed in the latest beta and will be included in the imminent update (gonna be SpaceCraft v1.1 on the App Store!). Thanks a lot for drawing my attention to this Nick!

Thanks for the quick fix :)

• To anyone not on the beta, this badboy is currently in review by apple and should be live on the App Store today...

v1.1.0 (the playability update!)

• New MPE functionality (Roli Seaboard, Roli Light Block, Linnstrument and AUv3 apps with MPE-out):
      — New!! MPE mode "MPE Pitch": X-axis = pitch bend, Y-axis = fine grain position modulation, Z-axis = volume
      — Visualisation showing grain position modulation in real-time
      — Option to set pitch bend amount (in advanced settings panel)
      — MPE presets added (start with these and add your own sounds!)

• MIDI and MPE are now active at all times (no need to change modes)
      — Amplitude envelope is now a dedicated option (envelope can now be used with a non-chromatic grid, MIDI/MPE can now be used without the envelope if desired)
      — MIDI channel selection option (advanced settings)

• Scales improvements:
      — Loads of scales added (34 in total!) including the modes and pentatonic scales
      — Scales can now be used with MIDI and MPE
      — Sequencer note grid auto resizes with scale

• Option to transpose sample pitch per-sequencer in range +/- 1 Octave with resolution of 1 semitone

• When saving project in AU host, the loaded sample will be automatically saved (like with presets)
    • Parameter automation now fully functional in AUv3 hosts including Cubasis and NS2
    • Factory presets can now be selected via host GUI
    • Fixed bug where the ‘all notes off’ button sometimes wouldn’t terminate notes as expected
    • Now always starts with default state when in standalone mode (presets should be used in standalone)
    • All parameters controllable via MIDI CC-in (CC channel can be selected via Advanced Settings)
      — CC 6 thru CC 41 = all parameters (XY controls + ‘actions’ such as record and monitor), see website for details
      — CC 64 = sustain pedal (both sequencers)
      — CC 123 = all notes off (both sequencers)
  • Spacecraft is the king of mpe !

• Awesome app!

• Just updated in the UK store - Saturday night sorted!

• edited February 2019

Just updated SC...

Spacecraft is starting quite different than before.
    I get this screen for about 20 seconds and pops and crackles from the speakers. After 20 seconds I get the app running...

Is this behavior normal @deltaVaudio ?

iPad Pro 10.5 IOS 12.1.4

I deleted and reinstalled SC but I have still the problem.

P.S.
    Congratulations for the new release, I’m sure I will love the new MPE functionality. My Seaboard is waiting... 😊👍

• edited February 2019

@chandroji no that's definitely not expected and hasn't been observed in the beta! I'll keep a close eye on this.

Does it work normally after this 20 seconds start up thing? Also does it happen when used as an AUv3?

Also, do you have low disk space available on your device by any chance?

Thanks for the info!

• Oh boy i really need a mpe controller

• edited February 2019

@deltaVaudio said:
    @chandroji no that's definitely not expected and hasn't been observed in the beta! I'll keep a close eye on this.

Does it work normally after this 20 seconds start up thing? Also does it happen when used as an AUv3?

Thanks for the info!

I did a reinstall again and I can be more precise what is going on now...

This behavior will happen only when my iPad is connected with my Audio-Interface (Novation Audiohub). With the iPad standalone SC is starting normal.

With Audio-Interface I get the 20 second screen, pops and crackles and SC is crashing in the Background. When I try to open SC from the Background I get again the 20 sec screen and it will crash again. Sometimes it may be starting.

As an AUv3 in AUM SC is starting within 2 seconds and everything is fine even with the Audio-Interface. 😊
    No problem with free diskspace here...

• @chandroji said:

@deltaVaudio said:

Thanks for the info!

I did a reinstall again and I can be more precise what is going on now...

This behavior will happen only when my iPad is connected with my Audio-Interface (Novation Audiohub). With the iPad standalone SC is starting normal.

With Audio-Interface I get the 20 second screen, pops and crackles and SC is crashing in the Background. When I try to open SC from the Background I get again the 20 sec screen and it will crash again. Sometimes it may be starting.

As an AUv3 in AUM everything is fine even with the Audio-Interface. 😊
    No problem with free diskspace here...

Ok so it seems to be specific to the audio interface in standalone, I'll focus my investigation on this (also with some other audio interfaces). Thanks a lot for the detailed info, this is extremely helpful.

• Dunno if I’m doing something wrong but only the bottom wave automation (seq1_mainpanel_x / y ) is being recorded in Cubasis.

• @Mark B said:
    Dunno if I’m doing something wrong but only the bottom wave automation (seq1_mainpanel_x / y ) is being recorded in Cubasis.

This is an issue with Cubasis which has been fixed recently and is currently in Cubasis beta (I don't know what they did to fix it). I'm afraid you'll have to wait until the next cubasis update for full automation capability with SC.

• Ok, thanks

• a feature request- I wonder why no one asked for that:)
    a "mirror" button - (from top deck to the bottom or the other way)
    that would be very usefull I feel. it will simply clone totally the deck so
    you can have one playing variations of the other...
    thanks in advance!

• @waka_x nice idea. I'll keep that in mind for a future update.

• edited March 2019

deltaVaudio:
    thank you:) it came out of necessity...

or saving/loading the state per deck will be even better.
    it will be easy to load same state in the other (deck) ...

• Hello! I’m a newbie. I love Spacecraft. I don’t get these controls. Can someone point me to a tutorial or documentation concerning these? Or explain? That would be great!

• Hi @Fieberstaub ,

I'm currently writing a proper manual (19 pages so far but haven't written this part yet). I expect it to be available in a week or two.

But in the mean time here's an explanation...

These controls appear when you select 'Envelope On' in settings (on the notes grid). It is meant use when 'performing' (i.e. playing melodies and changing notes).

The top left button simply kills all the notes that are currently active in the grid (i.e. all notes off).

The top right button is MIDI sustain (it's also activated by holding down the sustain pedal too (CC64). This has no impact on notes created on the grid via the touchscreen, only notes played via MIDI.

The XY pad is the global amplitude envelope (at note level, rather than grain level). This envelope is really meant for when using high freq grains. To get a feel for how it works, try the following. First, put the grain XY pad to the top right hand corner (this give high frequency grains with maximum overlap) and start with the envelope crosshairs in the middle like in the image above. Then play a note on the grid either via the touchscreen or via midi. With envelope active you will hear that the grains of that note fade in and out with attack/release time instead of turning ON then OFF instantly when holding down the note. The envelope XY pad controls the times of the attack (left/right) and release (up/down).

Note that the envelope feature is really intended for use when playing at the top-right corner of the grain panel.

I'll also be providing tutorial videos to accompany the user manual (I know these things are long overdue!). I'll make sure I have a video dedicated to this envelope feature as I realise it's the least intuitive part of the whole interface.

Cheers,
    M

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks for your quick reply! Now I understand why try&error didn’t really work for me with these. And thanks again for the great app, it’s really pushing me to be more creative with music again.

• Did you guys know that spacecraft is about to be in New dimensions ?

• @EyeOhEss no I'm afraid it's not possible to perform on the transpose feature at present. Although I do think some sort of midi transpose would be very useful indeed