Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spacecraft post part 2

Comments

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @db909 I seem to have it working now in both FX slot and instrument slot, testing tonight. If all goes well it will be in the follow up update end of the week

Great. Makes much more sense to me to be in the instrument slot (eg for sending midi notes to it, or so you can apply other effects to it).

• @deltaVaudio Loving the update so far ! other than preset and audio source management , are there any more features in the next update ?
    Would love to see a little suppprt for scales or moving the entire sequence of notes up and down as a group for variation ?

• @thepinkelefant do you mean a global pitch contol for the arpeggiator ?

• Trying our some colour themes...

• @deltaVaudio - looking forward to the VST as well - how far away are we from release?

Been thinking the VST may be a little cumbersome with a mouse.. especially as you have 2 playing surfaces...
    Any future plans to control the VST via iPad? - Touch OSC?

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @thepinkelefant do you mean a global pitch contol for the arpeggiator ?

Yes that’s what I meant.. a way to transpose in a scale preferable so it becomes a more interesting more live instrument... sorta - and + signs to go up and down a fixed or customizable scale or pitch

• ThumbJam works well alongside SpaceCraft Synth using split screen with Audiobus 3.

• Anyone using Roli with this yet?
    I would love to see a video of the two in action.

• @Mayo I'm making a video this weekend :)

• edited October 2018

@Jumpercollins said:
    ThumbJam works well alongside SpaceCraft Synth using split screen with Audiobus 3.

Does it work with full MPE using thumbjam?

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @Mayo I'm making a video this weekend :)

Awesome!

• edited October 2018

@deltaVaudio said:
    @Mayo I'm making a video this weekend :)

+1

I just tried and can’t seem to connect my roli block for some reason.

Never mind. It’s working beautifully in AUM.

• @robertreynolds - what apps are you using the block with?

• @Mayo sorry, I had reports of file loading issues, so had to do an emergency redesign of the file import/export ! So the video got deprioritised!

Guys, I've just pushed update 1.0.7 to the appstore which should make file loading/saving more robust in iOS12 in general and also allows saving to dropbox and google drive.

It's a really boring update and has set me behind a bit with the creative fun features, but I'll get back on the case. I managed to get 'save preset with audio' working today (not the easiest feature) but I have a lot to do on the GUI.

One last thing, there's a known bug with dropbox, it sometimes saves two identical files. If it does just ignore/delete the file with the (1) suffix (I've contacting dropbox about this).

• I forgot to mention that you can now load SC as an AU in the instrument slot but be warned, no audio can be recorded this way, you have to import files (this is a fundamental limitation of AUv3)

• @deltaVaudio said:
    I forgot to mention that you can now load SC as an AU in the instrument slot but be warned, no audio can be recorded this way, you have to import files (this is a fundamental limitation of AUv3)

Nice, Ive gotten used to putting it in the fx slot but it just doesnt look right there!

• edited October 2018

@deltaVaudio said:
    I forgot to mention that you can now load SC as an AU in the instrument slot but be warned, no audio can be recorded this way, you have to import files (this is a fundamental limitation of AUv3)

RE-1 is AUv3 and can be recorded into. Sample saved within the AU, and exported out. Even supports drag & drop from Files app on an iPad. So, it appears to be possible.

RE-1 Tape Machine by Kai Aras
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/re-1-tape-machine/id1407764053?mt=8

• @skiphunt said:

@deltaVaudio said:

RE-1 is AUv3 and can be recorded into. Sample saved within the AU, and exported out. Even supports drag & drop from Files app on an iPad. So, it appears to be possible.

>

INSTRUMENT slot

• @skiphunt I have RE1 and it can only be loaded into the effects slot. So it has the same constraint as spacecraft :)

• Dropbox and Google Drive support is a massive bonus! Great work.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @skiphunt I have RE1 and it can only be loaded into the effects slot. So it has the same constraint as spacecraft :)

Oh, I thought you were saying no audio can be recorded into an AUv3 period.

So, never mind. Cary on. :)

• edited October 2018

@MonzoPro said:
    VST?

Rumour is there will a VST SC 👍

• Brilliant, I’ll have one of those!

• edited October 2018

@deltaVaudio a little ambient journey with SpaceCraft being sequenced by @brambos Rozeta Particles, Kosmonaut and me we little fingers...

• @echoopera lovely progression on this one mate. Did you get a chance to try out the new midi mode ?

• @deltaVaudio I have and it’s great. I had modstep driving it earlier. Lovely update. Looking forward to exploring it some more.

• @espiegel123 thanks for giving it a listen👊🏼™️

SpaceCraft is ready for take off

• I've submitted SpaceCraft for a JUCE award!

nae pressure!

https://award.juce.com/award