Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spacecraft post part 2

Comments

• @cuscolima using the new live sampling mode you can granularise the explosion of your head in real-time. I expect that would be first!

• 🤯> @deltaVaudio said:

@cuscolima using the new live sampling mode you can granularise the explosion of your head in real-time. I expect that would be first!

🤯

• @deltaVaudio said:
    Will be in the next update @Carnbot . I'll be doing smaller incremental updates form now on. Every weekend hopfully. Should be another one end of the week.

I raised the price to 5 quid by the way

great stuff, on first run throughs , I can’t get any au automation, firstly nothing gets written at all in Cubasis, this is quite common on first implementation in cubasis for an au due to the neat ‘hidden’ until written way they do it..
    so i tried it in Apematrix and can see all the automatable parameters , which is a fantastic sight to see :) but unfortunately assigning a modulation to any parameter doesn’t do anything... and i have turned the transport play on?
    any ideas? something i’m missing or not quite there yet?

• dope track man !!!! I can't wait for state saving either..... It'll make me abuse this app way more 😂

great update @deltaVaudio !! You're the man

@Halftone said:
    much like many others here, I'm loving Spacecraft a lot. App of the year? (maybe tied with Grooverider?)
    Anyways, like others, I wanted to share one of my tracks - 2 instances of SC & Patterning providing a basic drum beat - most of the tracks shared using SpaceCraft have been beatless and more ambient, so thought it'd be cool to hear the app in action with a beat going. (also used a little bit of EOs2 reverb on 1 instance of SC - no mixing/mastering done)

I can't wait for state saving of samples - for this track above - It was my 2nd take recording and I wanted to go do another try, but when I came back to AUM from Audioshare to view the file and listen, spacecraft (both instances) had crashed. I couldn't remember which 4 samples I had loaded exactly , so couldn't recreate.

• @RockySmalls said:

@deltaVaudio said:
    Will be in the next update @Carnbot . I'll be doing smaller incremental updates form now on. Every weekend hopfully. Should be another one end of the week.

great stuff, on first run throughs , I can’t get any au automation, firstly nothing gets written at all in Cubasis, this is quite common on first implementation in cubasis for an au due to the neat ‘hidden’ until written way they do it..
    so i tried it in Apematrix and can see all the automatable parameters , which is a fantastic sight to see :) but unfortunately assigning a modulation to any parameter doesn’t do anything... and i have turned the transport play on?

Working ok here in apeMatrix, which parameters have you tried?

• @Carnbot said:

@RockySmalls said:

@deltaVaudio said:

hmm, ok, I’ve tried random modulators on the x and y of both the grain and the pitch parameters.. doesn’t have an effect here ... will go back and try again..

• @Carnbot said:

@RockySmalls said:

@deltaVaudio said:

btw, aren’t you running a beta of the newer apematrix? sadly I am not ..

• @RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

@RockySmalls said:

@deltaVaudio said:

btw, aren’t you running a beta of the newer apematrix? sadly I am not ..

Yeah I am, but I'm not sure why that would make a difference....but I guess it might.

• @deltaVaudio great update and great continuous support. take note devs!

• edited October 2018

@RockySmalls there are parameters for blue (seq0) and pink (seq1) Is it possible that you linked to parameters of pink (seq1) which is initially out of view in apematrix until you resize the window ?

Yes I know. I should've use A and B but it's too late to change it now :(

• @RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

@RockySmalls said:

@deltaVaudio said:

hmm, ok, I’ve tried random modulators on the x and y of both the grain and the pitch parameters.. doesn’t have an effect here ... will go back and try again..

nope, nothing doing, tried it on the obvious one that even if its not animating you can hear, ie: the filter/reverb x and y. not a sausage!

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @RockySmalls there are parameters for blue (seq0) and pink (seq1) Is it possible that you linked to parameters of pink (seq1) which is initially out of view in apematrix until you resize the window ?

no, have checked both windows..?? am linking parameters for seq0 and checking the first window generally but have checked the other each time...

• @RockySmalls said:

@deltaVaudio said:

no, have checked both windows..?? am linking parameters for seq0 and checking the first window generally but have checked the other each time...

Out of curiosity I loaded the appstore apeMatrix build on my Air2 and it's all working fine there as well. What ipad /iOS are you on?

• @RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

@RockySmalls said:

@deltaVaudio said:

nope, nothing doing, tried it on the obvious one that even if its not animating you can hear, ie: the filter/reverb x and y. not a sausage!

WAIT! i am the idiot ( sorry Iggy ) I forgot starting a new preset in Apematrix switches off the Lfo mod in the settings!! doooohhhh! number 23 in a series of ‘senior moments’ on this here forum..
    So... @deltaVaudio of course that doesn’t help with the cubasis automation.. which is definitely not working as far as I can tell ( yes i know my credibility has waned a little now! :)

• oh, yeah it's easy to forget about that setting :)

• Update’s here - thanks for all your hard work @deltaVaudio

• Thanks for this update, best bargin of 2018! Everyone loves SC!

• @RockySmalls thanks I'll look into the cubasis modulation thing

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @RockySmalls thanks I'll look into the cubasis modulation thing

now I have it running its really going to open up Spacecraft in apematrix..
    @LFS do you need a promo code from @deltaVaudio to help him sort the au automation in Cubasis?

• Did anybody notice the super nerdy sci-if themed preset name auto generator?

• Sounds like a cool update, looking forward to digging in to it.
    This is an app Ive actually stuck with since getting it, for one stretch it was in all my tracks.
    Been progressing with it as well, just finished my craziest spacecraft track yet.

• @1nsomniak I dig your stuff man let's hear it!

• Woo hoo! Going to dig into this later.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    Did anybody notice the super nerdy sci-if themed preset name auto generator?

Very much enjoying my preset- ChestbursterGAIALambda!

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @Carnbot Excellent! To take my mind off waiting for the Apple review process I implemented a colour theme picker...

Ok, I'm obviously missing something here but my Spacecraft looks nothing like this screenshot, and I'm not talking about the colours.
    Your sequencer is a 12 by 11 grid and on my iPad I only get a 7 by 4 grid. And what's that control to the left of the sequencer?

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @1nsomniak I dig your stuff man let's hear it!

thanks, will post it in about a week, still second finalizing my mix

• @lasselu said:

@deltaVaudio said:
    @Carnbot Excellent! To take my mind off waiting for the Apple review process I implemented a colour theme picker...

Ok, I'm obviously missing something here but my Spacecraft looks nothing like this screenshot, and I'm not talking about the colours.
    Your sequencer is a 12 by 11 grid and on my iPad I only get a 7 by 4 grid. And what's that control to the left of the sequencer?

Go to options and set Midi on

• @Identor said:

@lasselu said:

@deltaVaudio said:

Ahhh, got it. Thanks!

• @lasselu said:

@Identor said:

@lasselu said:

@deltaVaudio said:

Ahhh, got it. Thanks!

As for the rest it’s the vst version on Reaper DAW

• @Korakios I do the dev in Reaper as a vst3 in windows then do device testing on the device, much faster workflow. The vst is very close to being ready :)