Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apeMatrix by apeSoft

Comments

• I am so excited for this release. I know, I have been playing with the beta, but I am excited to see what creative ways folks here use it. ;)

• @skiphunt For me the app buying is less the money these days - I've been VERY lucky in the last year or so that this is the case, because it's a recent development for sure. It's more about what will I actually USE. I really make a concerted effort to use the apps I purchase, and so while I can afford to pick up the new shiny thing for $15, I have to ask whether it can do something I can't accomplish with the myriad of other apps I mostly don't even use. It's easier with synths, as each usually has a personality of it's own, but some of these others....

Meh - off to refresh the app store. I see that they put up some official videos on their FB page, so today must be the day. Fingers crossed!

• edited June 2018

@Daveypoo said:
    @skiphunt For me the app buying is less the money these days - I've been VERY lucky in the last year or so that this is the case, because it's a recent development for sure. It's more about what will I actually USE. I really make a concerted effort to use the apps I purchase, and so while I can afford to pick up the new shiny thing for $15, I have to ask whether it can do something I can't accomplish with the myriad of other apps I mostly don't even use. It's easier with synths, as each usually has a personality of it's own, but some of these others....

Meh - off to refresh the app store. I see that they put up some official videos on their FB page, so today must be the day. Fingers crossed!

My bank account fluctuates wildly ;) so sometimes (like now) I need to watch my spending.

It's hard to say what one person will use and another won't. I'm also intrigued by StepPolyArp, but I have so many different sequencers, as well as all of the endless possibilities of Rozeta... that are making it a hard sell for me. Everyone raves about Fuque Machine with good reason. I bought that one based on all the hype. But the reality is that I almost never use it. I kinda think it'd be the same for Stepolyarp.. at least for me. It's still on my watch list.

I think you and I tend to like some fo the same stuff. There's stuff you dig that I don't really get into at all, and I'm sure I have some you'd not be thrilled with either. But, overall... I think we tend to like similar stuff... and I really like apeMatrix.

Like @JudgeDredd I'm excited to see what kind of madness other's come up with using it.

When @syrupcore posted his Rozetaum Effectraum patch for AUM, did you have a play with that? I found it to be a delightful bit of simple genius that offered a great deal of expanded possibilities. apeMatrix gives me that same feeling of expanded creative possibilities: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/26475/rozetaum-effectraum

ps. I got back from California about a week ago, but was there for about 3 weeks. You said we were only about 40mins away from each other. I tried to figure out where in case you wanted to meet up. Let me know, I'm sure I'll be back out that way again soon. :)

• I did play with the Rozetaum Effectraum a bit and I really liked the concept, although I haven't had any application for it yet.

I'm curious to know what things I like but you don't - I know we have a fair amount of crossover in our music folders.

I can't say I actually understand HOW apeMatrix works, but I learned long ago that I just love anything apeSoft/Amazing Noises. Which is strange really - I'm not big into ambient music and things that aren't very "tonal" in nature, yet I own and have a blast messing with Stria, iPulsaret, iDensity, etc. I don't bust them out very often, but they're so INSANE that I can't help but but anything they put out. It's one of my odder weaknesses - different from Audio Damage and Bram Bos which are more instantly musical.

I bought Fugue Machine after beta testing it - I would use it more if it were AU. I don't mind having spent the money as I am glad to support development of off-the-beaten-path apps.

• @Daveypoo said:
    I did play with the Rozetaum Effectraum a bit and I really liked the concept, although I haven't had any application for it yet.

The more I played with it, the more I got into it. @brambos mentioned maybe making a Rozeta module that might make it's set up a bit easier. That would be cool.

I'm curious to know what things I like but you don't - I know we have a fair amount of crossover in our music folders.

I don't remember. I just remember that we don't always love the exact same stuff. I only paid attention because there are a handful here who tend to like similar things that I do. Makes it easier to make purchasing stuff if a couple from my "tribe" give a new app the thumbs up.

I can't say I actually understand HOW apeMatrix works, but I learned long ago that I just love anything apeSoft/Amazing Noises. Which is strange really - I'm not big into ambient music and things that aren't very "tonal" in nature, yet I own and have a blast messing with Stria, iPulsaret, iDensity, etc. I don't bust them out very often, but they're so INSANE that I can't help but but anything they put out. It's one of my odder weaknesses - different from Audio Damage and Bram Bos which are more instantly musical.

It's hard to say what it is exactly. It's not really a filter app. And, you can do a lot of similar routing using AUM I think. But, the way it's laid out... being able to see your whole intersecting structure on one screen... being able to route and reroute in multiple ways... being able to go right to the connection node and slide your finger to adjust level, being able to create live LFO automations to most AUs, etc. Then send some of the streams off via bus to other grids, daws, or other hosts... or just make sub-mixes of the main mix on the other two grids.

I think it's one of those that I will use every time. I might sometimes use it to get some background thing going, then route the whole thing into AUM, etc. Not sure, but I'm sure it will be one of my mainstays.

I bought Fugue Machine after beta testing it - I would use it more if it were AU. I don't mind having spent the money as I am glad to support development of off-the-beaten-path apps.

I don't regret Fugue Machine at all! I love that app. Also love Arpeggionome.

• So it’s in store now what’s the verdict?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    So it’s in store now what’s the verdict?

Is it? Can you provide a link please? I cant find through an apesoft/related apps search

• It’s mentioned by audiobus as comparable as a tweet so should be a link on this website. I’m in UK.

• I hope a lot of videos come out for this as I’m sure there is a lot to learn.

• Cool, thanks, that worked. Now I see how you get the jump on these app releases!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apematrix/id1378343729?mt=8

• Whoa, this is cool. Was wondering why mess with this with the simplicity of AUM, but a whole raft of possibilities just popped in my head.

• Just played with it for 10 minutes, and I have a feeling this is going to be lots of fun. :)

• edited June 2018

This is wacky in a great way. The setup my take a little time, but so many things are possible. Geez I love apesoft

I wish it weren't 4:30. Unfortunately it's time to sleep. A fun Saturday in store though

• edited June 2018

I am not sure if this question has already found an answer... if so I apologize in advance. I just got APM and not yet in deep with. I am wondering if one can modulate LFOs ? Thank you in advance . Cheers.

PS I am asking about SYNC subdivision/Mult ??? What does that mean ?

• @brambos said:
    Just played with it for 10 minutes, and I have a feeling this is going to be lots of fun. :)

>

Did you like the app, too. :D

Seriously, though,it will be interesting to see what apeMatrix inspires you to create.

• quick questions. 1 i know you can assign cc to parameters such as filter cutoff in a synth, to vertical slide on keyboard.But can you assign a horizontal one as well?
    2. i want to have apematrix hold the half speed button down on flytape Au fx. how can i do this? do i just use a square lfo and minimize its parameter setting?

• This app is terrific, but I would like AU sample player that we can put in the nodes (multiple instances). Many of the other ApeSoft apps have this function, so this seems not too big of a stretch.

I would buy this as an IAP. I know about the workaround as mentioned by skiphunt, but I think this would be more convenient. Is there a big difficulty in coding this (pardon my ignorance in advance)?

• @shoutn95 said:

PS I am asking about SYNC subdivision/Mult ??? What does that mean ?

Ok after having some experimentations it seems to sync the LFO with a division of the base tempo so it seems ok... the mult multiply the division I believe...

Ok sorry for my stupid question...

For the modulation of the LFO I don.t see any solution at the moment....

• @shoutn95 - not sure if this is helpful, but you can run the lfo as a sine wave, saw (up or down), square, sh, or random. Not a stupid question at all.

• @ALB sometimes I feel stupid because I ask before searching myself. Otherwise thanks for your response, I am currently looking with APM and its modulation ability. Cheers.

• Finally a chance to give apeMatrix some love. Guys, girls, whoever, you absolutely MUST give me colors. I want so badly to get past your choices, especially after seeing how you handle AU support. I can zoom and see things, as long as the AU plugin cooperates. I lost Sensual Sax, and apeMatrix crashed trying to remove it to reload. Only option after it disappeared from the AU window. Hadn’t saved anything, and Reloading last session was, of course, lasst Saved session. Still got some work to go on your part and mine, but it is DEFINITELY a part of the workflow.
    Time for some reading and video watching to figure out the Controller-> apeMatrix -> AUM + Audiobus + Anything else I can feed this monster... scenario. One of these days some sound might actually come out of this amazing maze...

• Hey there... for those of you who haven't bought this yet and are still teetering on the fence (as they say), although I can't say for sure when the introductory sale price is gonna end... I'd say if you want it for the intro sale price, you best grab it soon'ish. :)

• There was an update yesterday that was different than your link - maybe a second update later today?

• @Daveypoo It’s just popped into the UK store now.

• Just hit here too - two updates within an hour for me!!!

• edited July 2018

Nice update just tried it, I like the metronome and bar count. Rozeta Cells transport sync seems to be fixed.

However, on iPhone version at least built in keyboard button has disappeared, we have to click on three dot button which is on bottom now to open it. Also in certain situations I have to scroll up to open midi patchbay. It’s less convenient IMO.