Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apeMatrix by apeSoft

Comments

• I have some suspicion about Model D or BeatHawk.
    It is mostly on this project:

• Idea: I'd love to see ApeMatrix basically be 3D. What I mean is you have x channels on X, Y channels on Y, but z channels on Z. Not just A/B sends...

So you could route Audio from layer 1's intersection of ch1/ch5 to layer 5's ch1/ch5 instersection.

Would provide more flexibility than just 2 bus's...

Just an idea...

• Here's my latest deep dive into apeMatrix:

• @Daveypoo said:
    Here's my latest deep dive into apeMatrix:

Wonderful video Davepoo, did you know you can go into the settings and turn on the names of the items you add so you can tell what is what in Rozeta?

I requested it in beta testing just because of Rozeta and he kindly added it.

• @JudgeDredd said:

@Daveypoo said:

Wonderful video Davepoo, did you know you can go into the settings and turn on the names of the items you add so you can tell what is what in Rozeta?

I requested it in beta testing just because of Rozeta and he kindly added it.

Clearly I did not - thanks for the heads up, and thanks for watching!

• edited July 2018

Big thanks to Alessandro from ApeSoft. He is really a nice and reactive dev who listen to users :)

Here beta testing apeMatrix. He has added several buttons to iPhone version: keyboard and master on bottom bar, midi patchbay on upper right corner. He also removed clear connection double finger swipe gesture allowing more efficient double finger scrolling.

apeMatrix workflow on iPhone is now close to perfect B)

• So I quickly run out of channels in ApeMatrix...

• @gusgranite said:
    So I quickly run out of channels in ApeMatrix...

Try using one matrix for instruments, one for sequencers, and one for percussion. It's kind of bad because you actually have to think about midi channels etc - which you don't using just one - but it does make complex setups more manageable.

What I'd really like would be to be able to load and save individual matrixes so you could assemble a set of audio units and then reuse it in another session.

• @pauly said:

@gusgranite said:
    So I quickly run out of channels in ApeMatrix...

Try using one matrix for instruments, one for sequencers, and one for percussion. It's kind of bad because you actually have to think about midi channels etc - which you don't using just one - but it does make complex setups more manageable.

What I'd really like would be to be able to load and save individual matrixes so you could assemble a set of audio units and then reuse it in another session.

You could also make your own templates to help you start some projects faster.

• @pauly good tip. Will try that.

@Janosax can you give a little more info, please? Not sure I know exactly what you mean.

Thanks both!

• @gusgranite said:
    @pauly good tip. Will try that.

@Janosax can you give a little more info, please? Not sure I know exactly what you mean.

Thanks both!

He or She is suggesting, saving a setup as a preset. You can arrange presets in banks to. Recall the preset and your complete setup. Works especially well with AUs.

You can also use the top 4 presets on a list to (minimum 2) to kind of morph between via the Snapshot Pad in the presets menu.

• individual Matrix loading would be good, also not having midi plugins on the audio Matrix will help too, pretty sure that'll happen at some point.

• @Carnbot said:
    individual Matrix loading would be good, also not having midi plugins on the audio Matrix will help too, pretty sure that'll happen at some point.

I’d like to have the output and panning setting sliders for each matrix, all on one mixing panel. Maybe included on the Master & Dynamics pane.

I think that might be coming too. :)

• @skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:
    individual Matrix loading would be good, also not having midi plugins on the audio Matrix will help too, pretty sure that'll happen at some point.

I’d like to have the output and panning setting sliders for each matrix, all on one mixing panel. Maybe included on the Master & Dynamics pane.

Like a master mixer, yeah that would be useful :)

• @Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

I suggested adding it to the Master & Dynamics pane because there’s plenty of room without getting crowded and wouldn’t require another main interface icon/button.

• @skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

I suggested adding it to the Master & Dynamics pane because there’s plenty of room without getting crowded and wouldn’t require another main interface icon/button.

I agree, ideal place for it.

• @skiphunt said:

@gusgranite said:
    @pauly good tip. Will try that.

Thanks both!

He or She is suggesting, saving a setup as a preset. You can arrange presets in banks to. Recall the preset and your complete setup. Works especially well with AUs.

You can also use the top 4 presets on a list to (minimum 2) to kind of morph between via the Snapshot Pad in the presets menu.

Got it. Thanks!

• So, can anyone actually get the IAA bus working in Cubasis or Auria?

• I had success as long as I stuck to the main out and didn’t try to use the AUX outs.

• I’m sending Program Change 0 to apeMatrix from Xequence. I can’t find anything in the manual that says apeMatrix is going to do anything more than pass them through. However when they get to apeM, the preset changes! Is that documented somewhere? I’m trying to send that Program Change to a synth, but instead apeMatrix is reacting to it and changing the apeM preset itself, and then obviously it doesn’t get to the synth.

AUM doesn’t do that, but there are other things about apeMatrix that I really like. With the current apeM behavior, I’m forced to use AUM. wish it weren’t the case. 😩

• Apesoft support emailed me back, and sure enough, program changes were being interpreted as a preset change, but only on ch16. Just so they’re out of the way, I often use ch16 for sending them. I’ll be testing shortly to verify that it doesn’t happen on the other midi channels. Back from testing... their information was correct. It only happens on ch16. In some ways, having this ability might be interesting. Their support asked if I thought they should remove the feature. What do YOU think? Comments welcome...

• Dos ApeMatrix have filter -lowpass etc. like AUM has som build in. If yes where do I find them?

Can I let Perforator midi control that filter?

• Ya know, one thing that is a side benefit of getting ApeMatrix? I have loaded up Mood several times as it just seemed right to do. hehe And that truly is a nice sounding synth. I know I've read it before on here, but it sounds Moogy to me.

• @Aggersborg said:
    Dos ApeMatrix have filter -lowpass etc. like AUM has som build in. If yes where do I find them?

Can I let Perforator midi control that filter?

There are no built-in FX.

• Hi there, did a forum search but couldn’t find the answer. Can Apematrix control MIDI CC messages, so that I can use the LFOs with external MIDI gear?

• @handed said:
    Hi there, did a forum search but couldn’t find the answer. Can Apematrix control MIDI CC messages, so that I can use the LFOs with external MIDI gear?

Not that I can see.

However, AUv3 midi plugins like Rozeta LFO, can be routed out to do this.

• @Daveypoo said:

thank you for this video. i instantly took to apematrix because it is like AuM but looks like the iconnect software...but there were little details in the midi that were getting me stuck. great pace and you speak my langu

• @LeonLeroy said:

@Daveypoo said:

thank you for this video. i instantly took to apematrix because it is like AuM but looks like the iconnect software...but there were little details in the midi that were getting me stuck. great pace and you speak my langu

Wow - thanks! I'm so glad it helped.

• @Daveypoo That was a very well done video as is all of your videos. You know another cool thing that I like to do is using Rozeta Cells, create 4 or so notes at 1 or 2 bar lengths at 100% gate. Send that to a nice ambient sound like some strings or woodwinds and also send it to to StepPolyArp. Get a nice arpeggio with some swing going in SPA and send it to a cool base. This way, Cells keeps everything in tune and the note changes happen together.

Again awesome videos.
    Thanks again
    Dave

• @Daveypoo said:

@LeonLeroy said:

@Daveypoo said:

@Daveypoo said:

@LeonLeroy said:

@Daveypoo said:

i just realized i never finished typing “language” in my post. oh, the irony.