Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apeMatrix by apeSoft

Comments

• One might even call the sound it's capable of "amazing noises" :)

I see what you did there..... niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. :wink:

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Rozeta's LFOs lack an inverter. I would like to send the same LFO to two places, only with one signal inverted with respect to the second signal. Will this be possible in the Apesoft? Also a S&H would be nice to have.

It takes a bit of fiddling but you can start any LFO at any time for each parameter making it possible to have inverted waves. Each available parameter will have its own LFO.

• @skiphunt said:
    This is a very interesting app... once you get your head around it, it's basic syntax and logic aren't as complicated as you might think at first.

Using AUs in this Matrix host, that allows you to send aux from one matrix to another, with LFO automations on each of the effects, each dialed in with the specific percentage you want, while driven by Rozeta sequencers within apeMatrix, then ultimately feeding each A and B Aux into it's own channel in AUM/AB3, as well as the master instrument channel into it's own AUM/AB3 channel... whew... this could get really quite amazing.

One might even call the sound it's capable of "amazing noises" :)

Ba dum tsshhhh :D

• @JudgeDredd said:
    Just another quick demo.
    https://youtu.be/asSyFvc0F58

That looks intriguing!

• I have to hold off on anything else when I know an apeSoft app is on the horizon. This one is killing me.....

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2018

I can't enough of this app. There's a certain genius to it. Having all of your connections on one grid without scrolling around, being able to apple LFOs to just about anything, and easy adjustments to signal level for each element... is awesome.

As you're adjusting the LFO automations you can hear the results in realtime.

Kind of excited to see what others do with this new way of routing stuff.

And, I think it's gonna drop very soon too... :)

• edited June 2018

Sounds like an awesome tool... am curious how I could integrate it with BM3 aside from the cool sample fodder one could generate with it in AUM.

• @AudioGus said:
    Sounds like an awesome tool... am curious how I could integrate it with BM3 aside from the cool sample fodder one could generate with it in AUM.

It's strange... even though you can route 3 stereo channels of audio and midi out to AUM/AB3, etc. So far, I'm not sure why I'm doing it... most of everything I've been playing with has been taking place all within apeMatrix. Haven't messed with BM3 using apeMatrix yet, but that could get really interesting.

I haven't saved anything because I've mostly been test-driving and learning it, but it's one of those apps that I fire up, and before I know it... 2hrs have passed. And, I like most of what I'm coming up with too.

• @skiphunt said:

@AudioGus said:

It's strange... even though you can route 3 stereo channels of audio and midi out to AUM/AB3, etc. So far, I'm not sure why I'm doing it... most of everything I've been playing with has been taking place all within apeMatrix. Haven't messed with BM3 using apeMatrix yet, but that could get really interesting.

I haven't saved anything because I've mostly been test-driving and learning it, but it's one of those apps that I fire up, and before I know it... 2hrs have passed. And, I like most of what I'm coming up with too.

Yes, This^^^^^^

• does it perform the same ‘create random sound’ as Moebius Lab?

• Yeah the possibilities are endless :)

I got heavily involved with this one because I really saw the potential and haven't really put it down over the last few weeks. The LFOs don't seem to use up much cpu so are very efficient. Has a handy built in recorder like AUM but you can record out through the different ports too. I think you can build up more complex sounds in this more quickly than other hosts and above all it's great fun.

No random connections yet but it is only v1 and so might come later, I'm hoping for modulation lfos for the Matrix pins too.

• edited June 2018

@Carnbot said:
    Yeah the possibilities are endless :)

I got heavily involved with this one because I really saw the potential and haven't really put it down over the last few weeks. The LFOs don't seem to use up much cpu so are very efficient. Has a handy built in recorder like AUM but you can record out through the different ports too. I think you can build up more complex sounds in this more quickly than other hosts and above all it's great fun.

No random connections yet but it is only v1 and so might come later, I'm hoping for modulation lfos for the Matrix pins too.

Oh wow, ‘built in recorder’... so multiple recordings at once?

• @AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:

no only one stereo 16 bit recorder, but it's handy and you can always record out from AB or AUM if you want more channels.

• @Carnbot said:

@AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:

no only one stereo 16 bit recorder, but it's handy and you can always record out from AB or AUM if you want more channels.

Not being too well versed in the AB/AUM/AU workflow worlds is there a one-stop-shop process where you can, for example, load an AUM session and everything is set up as you left it and all you need to do is hit play and it fires up? Hit record and it is recording multiple tracks? Or is it, run this, run that, wire this up, wire that up every time?

• @AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:

@AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:

Not being too well versed in the AB/AUM/AU workflow worlds is there a one-stop-shop process where you can, for example, load an AUM session and everything is set up as you left it and all you need to do is hit play and it fires up? Hit record and it is recording multiple tracks? Or is it, run this, run that, wire this up, wire that up every time?

Yes, you can save presets and when you load them (just like AUM) it will load all the instruments and FX and connections just as you saved them.

• edited June 2018

@JudgeDredd said:

@AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:

@AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:

Yes, you can save presets and when you load them (just like AUM) it will load all the instruments and FX and connections just as you saved them.

So you can load one AUM session and everything with ApeMatrix is set up and AUM will record seperate channels from it?

• @AudioGus said:

@JudgeDredd said:

@AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:

@AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:

So you can load one AUM session and everything with ApeMatrix is set up and AUM will record seperate channels from it?

I have made 2 short videos that may explain it better. But apeMatrix can save its own state as a preset and AUM can save its state as well. So, all you would need to do is load the saved state in AUM then load the saved state (preset) in apeMatrix.

https://youtu.be/94tUq6m9JLw

https://youtu.be/-K4IqYqKhu0

• edited June 2018

But you can always use Audiobus to save an AB3 -> apeMatrix -> AUM preset :)
    apeMatrix has AB3 midi input and statesaving.

• While we are on the subject of loading presets, the top 4 presets can be loaded in the Snapshot Pad. Then you can morph between those 4 presets.

• @JudgeDredd said:

@AudioGus said:

@JudgeDredd said:

@AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:

@AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:

I have made 2 short videos that may explain it better. But apeMatrix can save its own state as a preset and AUM can save its state as well. So, all you would need to do is load the saved state in AUM then load the saved state (preset) in apeMatrix.

@Carnbot said:
    But you can use always use Audiobus to save an AB3 -> apeMatrix -> AUM preset :)
    apeMatrix has AB3 midi input and statesaving.

Awesome thank you both so much for the brain juice!

• @Samu said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Rozeta's LFOs lack an inverter. I would like to send the same LFO to two places, only with one signal inverted with respect to the second signal. Will this be possible in the Apesoft? Also a S&H would be nice to have.

At least in AUM there's a 'curve' that can be used to invert the value coming out from Rozeta LFO and the same source can be assigned to multiple parameters each with their own 'curve'.

Ah hell, I never realized that you could invert the curve! Thanks very much for enlightening me.

• @JudgeDredd said:

@AudioGus said:

For me the AUM setup saves, but the individual setting in my effects never save. The fx apps are there in the right place in the mixer, but I have to reset all their dials.

• Looks freakin cool, gonna have to do a launch-binge on this one.

• @JudgeDredd said:
    While we are on the subject of loading presets, the top 4 presets can be loaded in the Snapshot Pad. Then you can morph between those 4 presets.

((Sound Of ~85kg Abruptly Finishing A Fence-High Descent))

• edited June 2018

Save your shekels! I hear tell this has already been submitted to Apple as of yesterday :)

• @skiphunt said:
    Save you shekels! I hear tell this has already been submitted to Apple as of yesterday :)

You are straight up killing me over here. I was on the fence with StepPolyArp Unit and some of the others that just dropped. Now I'm holding off to see if this hits the shelves this weekend....

• There’s some weirdness going on in these pre-release times. If you search for apeMatrix in the UK App Store what you get is this curiosity.

• @Daveypoo said:

@skiphunt said:
    Save you shekels! I hear tell this has already been submitted to Apple as of yesterday :)

You are straight up killing me over here. I was on the fence with StepPolyArp Unit and some of the others that just dropped. Now I'm holding off to see if this hits the shelves this weekend....

I know what you mean! There are A LOT of apps I desperately want, but I have a solid rule that I don't buy unless I'm using a discounted iTunes card deal. Trouble is, there haven't been any of those lately. It's just my warped way of justifying more apps that I honestly don't need. ;)

One trick I do is every time I start jonesin' hard for a new app... I just go through and start playing with the most unused and obscure apps I have... then realize that they've been wrongfully overlooked for too long... and it tends to stave off the app-junkie twitch a little longer. lol ;)

apeMatrix is just one of those apps that I didn't know I'd get so much fun out of... until I got to play with it. I've played with it for hours, every day for the last 3 days. Maybe it's just the thrill of something new, but I'm really digging this everything on one grid layout.