Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• Oh no, colours no.....

Colour blind here!!!!

• @OnfraySin said:
    Oh no, colours no.....

Colour blind here!!!!

I suspect one day there will be an option to show these damn cables :D

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@OnfraySin said:
    Oh no, colours no.....

Colour blind here!!!!

I suspect one day there will be an option to show these damn cables :D

Please! At least for me, colour system make this totally unusable.

But I understand that is a good and clever option

• I love these spaghetti monsters but i assume I am the only one ;)
    Cool to see it rising 👊🏼 Drambo for summer 💪🏼

• @OnfraySin said:
    Oh no, colours no.....

Colour blind here!!!!

Totally colorblind? Or the classic red-green?
    With latter you could use colors that don‘t fall into that spectra.

• I would be stressed with the expectations on this one......

• @OhmAgar said:

@OnfraySin said:
    Oh no, colours no.....

Colour blind here!!!!

A mix between Deuteranopy and Pronopy.

At the end, I have problems to diference blue, violet, grey, rose, red, green, brown....

• edited June 2019

@OnfraySin said:

@OhmAgar said:

@OnfraySin said:
    Oh no, colours no.....

Colour blind here!!!!

A mix between Deuteranopy and Pronopy.

At the end, I have problems to diference blue, violet, grey, rose, red, green, brown....

I’m colorblind ignorant, so I apologize in advance for the dumb question:

Do all of those colors look like the same color to you?

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Just give me some years ;). @senhorlampada Drambo and iSequence have a lot in common: the same sequencing style, but the rest is modular

<3

• There are color palette tools that helps you work around some color blindness cases.
    Even Adobe Illustrator has these options to check your design in certain conditions

• @senhorlampada said:
    There are color palette tools that helps you work around some color blindness cases.
    Even Adobe Illustrator has these options to check your design in certain conditions

Thank you for these charts!!
    I've been looking for something like this!
    Are there "safe" color palettes?

• @rs2000 said:

No problem, mate :smile:
    But not gonna guarantee they're "safe"

This was just result of a quick search. :lol:
    Will try to return with something really safe :wink:

• @rs2000 said:

@senhorlampada said:
    There are color palette tools that helps you work around some color blindness cases.

For communicating information - no not really. The general accessibility guideline is that color can be used as a secondary indicator, but it cannot be the only way you communicate a piece of information. However color palettes should work for anyone so long as you make sure that you contrast levels are high enough.

My kid is color blind. We got him those special glasses and he just went crazy looking at all the flowers in the garden.

• @cian said:

@rs2000 said:

@senhorlampada said:

For communicating information - no not really. The general accessibility guideline is that color can be used as a secondary indicator, but it cannot be the only way you communicate a piece of information. However color palettes should work for anyone so long as you make sure that you contrast levels are high enough.

My kid is color blind. We got him those special glasses and he just went crazy looking at all the flowers in the garden.

My hope is that there are at least two or three colors that can be distinguished even by most colorblind people. I'm always out for more, y'know ;)
    I guess I'll better open a new subject.

• @cian said:

@rs2000 said:

@senhorlampada said:

Well, fortunately there is a label of the module right there at the header so you should be able to identify them easily enough.

• edited June 2019

Not sure if there's space in the UI elements, but one way to help make it more usable for people with color blindness is to integrate shapes. For example, the cutoff frequency knob could have a triangle in it, and when that gets connected to another element, they both have triangles (in addition to being magenta, or whatever). Additionally, if the gesture isn't already reserved, a tap-and-hold on a control could reveal the cable(s) for that control.

Just some random, half-arsed thoughts thrown out there in the wind from a pro UX guy. Ymmv etc etc.

• So what is Drambo then a drum module synth? This talk has gone on long enough I’ve lost the plot on what it actually is ?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    So what is Drambo then a drum module synth? This talk has gone on long enough I’ve lost the plot on what it actually is ?

Lol, have to agree here, but in short it's more like an 'ultra flexible modular thing' call it UFMT ;)

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    Not sure if there's space in the UI elements, but one way to help make it more usable for people with color blindness is to integrate shapes. For example, the cutoff frequency knob could have a triangle in it, and when that gets connected to another element, they both have triangles (in addition to being magenta, or whatever). Additionally, if the gesture isn't already reserved, a tap-and-hold on a control could reveal the cable(s) for that control.

Just some random, half-arsed thoughts thrown out there in the wind from a pro UX guy. Ymmv etc etc.

It doesn't really connect the two modules though unfortunately.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    @Artefact2001 No.. For parameter modulation inputs, there is a knob per connection. Each time you add a modulation source, a new knob appears and its already color coded (image: env ad modulates filter cutoff). Thanks to knobs you don't have to use separate attenuators. Other generic inputs are in the bottom: coloured circles containing signal type symbol. If you want to plug more connections to generic input you have to use a mixer module, just like in modulars.

very well thought out.

• edited June 2019

y'all might as well be describing the moon, or some other thing i'm never gonna see myself.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2019

@EyeOhEss said:

@Phil999 said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    @Artefact2001 No.. For parameter modulation inputs, there is a knob per connection. Each time you add a modulation source, a new knob appears and its already color coded (image: env ad modulates filter cutoff). Thanks to knobs you don't have to use separate attenuators. Other generic inputs are in the bottom: coloured circles containing signal type symbol. If you want to plug more connections to generic input you have to use a mixer module, just like in modulars.

very well thought out.

I thought so too yesterday but not sure now. Does this mean you need a mixer for every single multiple connection? Like this doesn’t have a virtual equivalent of stackable cables?

No, only for audio inputs, in case of CV inputs, a knob is created per connection and you can connect as many sources as you wish.

If so, Not the end of the world but will mean using quite a lot of mixers!

I don't think so. Its not possible in VCV rack, how many mixers you usually use? . The problem with stackable connections is that most signals need scaling.

• edited June 2019

I'm curious if Drambo will have midi cc exposed and if so, how? Might it have mappable macros or something?

(apologies if this has been discussed, but it is a very long thread..)

• edited June 2019

@palm said:
    I'm curious if Drambo will have midi cc exposed and if so, how? Might it have mappable macros or something?

I expect it will have most if not all parameters exposed to the host as with most AUV3s.

As for standalone it's likely to sport midi learn like other apps from beep other than Impaktor which doesn't have midi.

• edited June 2019

@supadom said:

@palm said:

I expect it will have most if not all parameters exposed to the host as with most AUV3s.

Its impossible. Hosts expect constant parameter list, Drambo is modular. Most probably I gonna expose a fixed list of a few assignable parameters, that will be used as a modulator module in Drambo.

• @palm said:

For now there is MIDI CC modulator module, with MIDI learn functionality. I gonna think on MIDI learn per knob later.

• edited June 2019

Another feature worth mentioning: All modules work in mono/stereo mode, depending on input signal. You don't have to care about this.

Testing
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1ewgcmc9li6yb3/drambo_test.mp3?dl=0

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@supadom said:

@palm said:

Its impossible. Hosts expect constant parameter list, Drambo is modular. Most probably I gonna expose a fixed list of a few assignable parameters, that will be used as a modulator module in Drambo.

seems sensible in this instance,
    say a module with 10 ( or 20? ) assignable parameter knobs and then you could have it work like the nord modular system with MORPHS.. ie: one au parameter knob can control several functions with assignable direction and amounts for each? which would severely ease the pain of having to set it all up... but hey... its a modular, so yr already building yr own thing, one more task shouldn’t hurt :)

This discussion has been closed.