Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Another feature worth mentioning: All modules work in mono/stereo mode, depending on input signal. You don't have to care about this.

Testing
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1ewgcmc9li6yb3/drambo_test.mp3?dl=0

Man that sounds good

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Most probably I gonna expose a fixed list of a few assignable parameters, that will be used as a modulator module in Drambo.

again, well thought out. Only possible solution actually.

• Nice little jam

• edited June 2019

@giku_beepstreet : This looks fantastic but it’s gonna need a good manual and/or some detailed videos.

• edited June 2019

@giku_beepstreet said:

@supadom said:

@palm said:
    I'm curious if Drambo will have midi cc exposed and if so, how? Might it have mappable macros or something?

(apologies if this has been discussed, but it is a very long thread..)

I expect it will have most if not all parameters exposed to the host as with most AUV3s.

Its impossible. Hosts expect constant parameter list, Drambo is modular. Most probably I gonna expose a fixed list of a few assignable parameters, that will be used as a modulator module in Drambo.

The Internet says there is hope! ;)

• Was the first one Barry Allen?...

• edited June 2019

@RockySmalls said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@supadom said:

@palm said:
    I'm curious if Drambo will have midi cc exposed and if so, how? Might it have mappable macros or something?

I expect it will have most if not all parameters exposed to the host as with most AUV3s.

Its impossible. Hosts expect constant parameter list, Drambo is modular. Most probably I gonna expose a fixed list of a few assignable parameters, that will be used as a modulator module in Drambo.

seems sensible in this instance,
    say a module with 10 ( or 20? ) assignable parameter knobs and then you could have it work like the nord modular system with MORPHS.. ie: one au parameter knob can control several functions with assignable direction and amounts for each? which would severely ease the pain of having to set it all up...

Like in the Stroke Machine app for example?

• @rs2000 said:

@RockySmalls said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@supadom said:

@palm said:

say a module with 10 ( or 20? ) assignable parameter knobs and then you could have it work like the nord modular system with MORPHS.. ie: one au parameter knob can control several functions with assignable direction and amounts for each? which would severely ease the pain of having to set it all up...

also @giku_beepstreet has already coded something exactly like this with the ‘target’ facility in Impaktor..
    so I’m convinced he will get it in there sometime... crutches or not! :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @RockySmalls said:

@rs2000 said:

@RockySmalls said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@supadom said:

@palm said:

also @giku_beepstreet has already coded something exactly like this with the ‘target’ facility in Impaktor..
    so I’m convinced he will get it in there sometime... crutches or not! :)

Yep you just add audio input module, then transient detector, some resonators and have Impaktor in Drambo

• @EyeOhEss said:
    Am I remembering correctly that Drambo will be both AU and an AU host (obviously not at the same time)?

It will be released as standalone, AU and AUfx at the beginning.

• edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2019

@giku_beepstreet

That colour coding idea, instead of tons of cables, is brilliant ! Most innovative modular-connection idea for years, you should patent it, because i'm pretty sure soon other devs will copy it :lol:

Imagine hosting the forthcoming Mutable Instruments module AUs in drambo

Maybe giku can contact @burns_audio and agree on implementing his code as modules inside Brambo ? That would be SOMETHING !

• edited June 2019

@EyeOhEss AU plugin cannot host other AU plugins (limitation given by apple). Becuase Brambo will be availabe as AU, i guess it's standalone version will be just simple UI-less AU host app running fixed Brambo AU plugin inside (that is how AU plugin devs usually do standalone veraion) so i don't think "AU inside Brambo" is technically possible...

• edited June 2019

@dendy said:
    @EyeOhEss AU plugin cannot host other AU plugins (limitation given by apple). Becuase Brambo will be availabe as AU, i guess it's standalone version will be just simple UI-less AU host app running fixed Brambo AU plugin inside (that is how AU plugin devs usually do standalone veraion) so i don't think "AU inside Brambo" is technically possible...

UI is the same for standalone and AU version, just different layout

• edited June 2019

The last major feature is ready: scenes. You have 10 scenes with parameter locks and you can morph between them :) (iphone xs screenshot)

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    The last major feature is ready: scenes. You have 10 scenes with parameter locks and you can morph between them :) (iphone xs screenshot)

I guess that you are now able to provide a release date then?

• Morphing between scenes = <3

• Bring it! 👍

• edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I honestly wish, at this point, that I never knew a thing about this Drambo and that it just landed. So much potential goodness to dig into but it always seems so far away. If nothing else, it gives us idjits on the sidelines an appreciation for what the devs go through to produce this stuff for the end user. But man, the wait is just killing ...

• @giku_beepstreet whats the groove/swing percentage amount going to be

• edited June 2019

@giku_beepstreet said:

Ooohyeah... nice!
    You mentioned earlier that it has midiseq... will it be able to output cc's as well? is it a module or part of main seq? I'm just wondering if scene switching/morphing can be used with external stuff... maybe knobs transmitting cc? :blush: :smiley:

Edit:
    Nice layout for phone screen size!👍

• @stormbeats said:
    @giku_beepstreet whats the groove/swing percentage amount going to be

0-100%

• edited June 2019

@recccp said:
    Ooohyeah... nice!
    You mentioned earlier that it has midiseq... will it be able to output cc's as well? is it a module or part of main seq? I'm just wondering if scene switching/morphing can be used with external stuff... maybe knobs transmitting cc? :blush: :smiley:

Edit:

After some tests I came back to original idea. There is main sequencer hosting tracks (racks). Each rack has midi, gate, pitch, velocity and audio input outputs. Some modules work with cv/gate inputs, other with midi.

There will be independent separate sequencer modules, that you can use inside racks to make some wild things.

Yes you can generate/modify/morph MIDI signal and send it to app/au's midi out.

• edited June 2019

@giku_beepstreet said:

@recccp said:
    Ooohyeah... nice!

Edit:

After some tests I came back to original idea. There is main sequencer hosting tracks (racks). Each rack has midi, gate, pitch, velocity and audio input outputs. Some modules work with cv/gate inputs, other with midi.

There will be independent separate sequencer modules, that you can use inside racks to make some wild things. e.g.

@giku_beepstreet said:

@recccp said:
    Ooohyeah... nice!

Edit:

There will be independent separate sequencer modules, that you can use inside racks to make some wild things. e.g.

wow... all existing and requested Elektron seq features are present...
    you going to make many fanboys sweat lol

Ummm... can't recall if conditional trigs were mentioned before... is it something you would consider for future updates?

This discussion has been closed.