Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Have you been underwhelmed recently ?

Comments

• @Love3quency I’ll just answer your original post.

During the past year (2017), I’ve been impressed with a few apps. Xequence is awesomely exceptional (even if Sound Canvas doesn’t wanna play nice). FAC Chorus and Maxima are two of the best AUs released. AudioDamage porting their catalogue over to iOS has also been valuable, especially pumphouse. I can’t get enough of Bram’s synths, Troublemaker being my fave. Beatmaker 3 is a bit confusing to wrap one’s head around at first, but it’s basically the best damn sampler-styled DAW app you’ll find in the appstore. Beathawk has changed the way I jot down musical ideas, and each expansion pack serves to spark further creativity! Cubasis has WAVES PLUGINS! I LOVE iMono/Poly as well as MOST of the other things Korg has released either within Gadget or apps that have a Gadget counterpart.

So, yeah. if there’s one thing that has gravely disappointed me, it’s the DeeMax IAP within Gadget. The default limiter in Gadget sounds far better and cleaner than that.

• @Cib said:

@Tarekith said:
    I learned pretty quick to do my best to ignore some of the hype for apps that goes on here. I've bought a lot in past because they were talked about here so much, but then I never really bonded with them and they sit unused. These days I try and only buy things I know I'll use or have a definite need for.

The hype train is strong here though :)

True. But how do we know if there are no demos.
    But i got from my early 2-3 apps a week to a diet of 1 per months at best now.
    I still feel fat..... :|

Yeh demos would be great. I always research stuff but some things you just only really know after trial. Like it didn't cross my mind to enquire whether the 32 fx types in GR-16 were mostly significantly different to each other or the fx parameters were accessible or if there were reverbs in the Insert fx. I think they were quite easy assumptions to make, but assumptions I should have known better than to make. Often there are little things like this or general workflow assumptions that are wrongly taken for granted and its a case of then weighing up whether you've made an overall bad move or not.

This thread/forum reminds me a bit of Elektronauts.com. A lot of users get touchy/defensive/judgemental there too when someone is negative or 'underwhelmed' with elektron gear - 'quit music!' 'limitations breed creativity!' 'you're a troll!'...

I think it's an odd reaction personally. Each to their own.

• edited January 2018

@Tarekith said:
    I learned pretty quick to do my best to ignore some of the hype for apps that goes on here.

>

Yes, that is my new year’s resolution.

Far too often, I’ve picked up on enthusiasm here, only to find that the app in question does not suit me. But to be fair, there are other times when I’ve thought from the start that something is not my kind of thing, only to see it in action and change my mind. If I can hear one sound that an app or IAP makes which I believe will be useful to me, then I’ll likely buy.

The exceptions being those apps that I personally feel are just too high a price, not because of quality but because of the amount of use I envisage putting them to. Then they go int my App Shopper Wish List, to await a sale.

• For me it’s the quantity of good affordable apps that’s overwhelming. In the old days, there was far less to shop for, and most of it was a substantial investment. What hasn't changed too much is that most time and thought goes into making music, not what piece of equipment to buy next.

Sometimes it’s worth the risk to spend 5 or 10 bucks to see if something’s as good as I think it might be. How innovative and awe-inspiring must it be to be worth the price of a hamburger or a half tank of gas? iOS music apps and the devs who make them are amazing enough. Never boring.

• @Tarekith said:
    I learned pretty quick to do my best to ignore some of the hype for apps that goes on here. I've bought a lot in past because they were talked about here so much, but then I never really bonded with them and they sit unused. These days I try and only buy things I know I'll use or have a definite need for.

That's definitely something to keep strongly in mind. I often wonder how can a reviewer maintain objectivity if they receive free software and/or hang out with the development team in person or virtually. It's not even their fault!

Even if there was such a place as Impartial Review Portal it would still represent reviewer's narrow point of view, the sound they like etc, etc.

I'm generally very unlikely to purchase something that I cannot trace reviews of. If I decide to go for it it is normally because I trust the developer or it costs silly money, or (in case of hardware) is so cheap that I know I can resell it without too much trouble.

• edited January 2018

Eh I’m happy there’s not the temptation to buy something everyday like there was for a couple years there due to catching up on the back catalog, what seemed like a greater onslaught of new releases, and pure curiosity. There were probably < 10 apps I bought last year that I really loved and will use consistently going forward, but really, that’s plenty.

I’ve enjoyed going through all iOS has to offer, but at this point all I care about is getting my groove back musically. I admit that the disposable app culture of iOS has played a small part in my slippage, but the majority of it is finding a personal groove again since literally all of my music-making friends have moved away or passed away. I’ve always been fine on my own until that happened; I’ve learned that music is a lonely thing to do alone.

• @supadom said:

@Love3quency said:

@supadom said:
    Otherwise known as a moaner's negativity thread.

Then why are you reading and participating?

Because this place does not belong to you

Nor you.. and that’s why I am allowed to express myself. Not my problem if you don’t like it

But it’s interesting how my threads appeal despite the troll accusions and other abuses

• @Paulinko said:
    With more people participating in the forum, it seems there’d also be more people endorsing the new apps as they come out. I think hype seems to overstate the case. The other issue is if you already have a lot of apps why not think more about what you need, if anything else, to make your music?

Getting upset with people who are enthusiastic about an app which doesn’t work out for you seems less effective than learning more about an app before purchasing it. There are a number of iOS music app review sites so taking your time and asking specific questions would seem more reasonable if you’re really interested in acquiring apps suited to your needs.

its Them complaining to me about not being enthusiastic lol

• @Zen210507 said:

@Tarekith said:
    I learned pretty quick to do my best to ignore some of the hype for apps that goes on here.

>

Yes, that is my new year’s resolution.

Far too often, I’ve picked up on enthusiasm here, only to find that the app in question does not suit me. But to be fair, there are other times when I’ve thought from the start that something is not my kind of thing, only to see it in action and change my mind. If I can hear one sound that an app or IAP makes which I believe will be useful to me, then I’ll likely buy.

I felt a bit like that with Zeeon - it got so much love here I felt like an idiot not buying. I bought it, and was totally underwhelmed. For a while. Then I hooked it up to a proper keyboard and was whelmed, and understood the hype.

Maybe the old heads on here know a thing after all.

• edited January 2018

@Love3quency said:
    I’m sure my condition will improve once NS2 arrives:)

Yeah, exactly ! Currently there is not available iOS DAW with AU support which will be useable for me ... all without exeption works effectively like creativity killers for me.. worst case is BM3 - i cannot work with it without constantly cursing and sratching my head, but with others it is not much better.. Thanks god (or what) that NS2 time is closer and closer

• @Love3quency said:

@supadom said:

@Love3quency said:

@supadom said:

Nor you.. and that’s why I am allowed to express myself. Not my problem if you don’t like it

But it’s interesting how my threads appeal despite the troll accusions and other abuses

Yes, they are popular. Well done.

Certain guy called Rupert used to have a paper called The News of The World. That was very popular too.

• @supadom said:
    Certain guy called Rupert used to have a paper called The News of The World. That was very popular too.

>

Mike and Bernie Winters?

• I’m saving my money for Korg KowBell (c)

• @supadom said:

@Love3quency said:

@supadom said:

@Love3quency said:

@supadom said:

Yes, they are popular. Well done.

Question:

You think my posts are negative, so why do u try to increase the negativity with sarcastic bs?

• edited January 2018

Does anyone know how to suppress a users feed from view on this forum?

• @echoopera said:
    Does anyone know how to suppress a users feed from view on this forum?

@Michael can because it’s his forum. There is no way for the rest of us to do so.

• Ok. Thanks for the info.

• @Iostress said:

@Cib said:

@Tarekith said:

True. But how do we know if there are no demos.
    But i got from my early 2-3 apps a week to a diet of 1 per months at best now.
    I still feel fat..... :|

Yeh demos would be great. I always research stuff but some things you just only really know after trial. Like it didn't cross my mind to enquire whether the 32 fx types in GR-16 were mostly significantly different to each other or the fx parameters were accessible or if there were reverbs in the Insert fx. I think they were quite easy assumptions to make, but assumptions I should have known better than to make. Often there are little things like this or general workflow assumptions that are wrongly taken for granted and its a case of then weighing up whether you've made an overall bad move or not.

This thread/forum reminds me a bit of Elektronauts.com. A lot of users get touchy/defensive/judgemental there too when someone is negative or 'underwhelmed' with elektron gear - 'quit music!' 'limitations breed creativity!' 'you're a troll!'...

I think it's an odd reaction personally. Each to their own.

Yes, you get lynched if you don’t like BM3 or don’t subscribe to the theory that @brambos is god lol

• As someone who started out in the days of the Tascam 4 track and the analog synths and sequencers of the late 80"s and 90's, overall Im amazed at where we are today musically and technology wise in general ( however I did seem to kick out a lot more songs with the limitations we had , but of course having almost unlimited tracks vs 4 kinda explains part of it, I also did a lot of work with sequencers too ) but its pretty crazy what we can do on tablets and phones now. I have a LOT of apps, hundreds , so of course theres going to be some that are underwhelming just giving the odds of how many apps Ive bought, and a few that I probably regret all together, some I LOVE, and some that are just sooooooooo close, lol. The ones that are sooooooo close drive me a little crazy, just because they are just soooooooooooo close to being perfect to me, like Auria Pro not being able to punch in manually , there are other apps with other small things missing, but we definitely have the tools to get it done IOS wise imo.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Po.

Why don’t you? @JohnnyGoodyear

If you don’t like my posts then just don’t read them if u get upset lol

There are some honest and good points on here

You don’t control me or my opinions

• @Love3quency said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Po.

Why don’t you? @JohnnyGoodyear

If you don’t like my posts then just don’t read them if u get upset lol

There are some honest and good points on here

You don’t control me or my opinions

that’s what they want you to think

• PO means something like "I'm outta here", not piss off. Though it's so easy to confuse I wish people would stop using it as I always think that at first too.

• @Tarekith said:
    PO means something like "I'm outta here", not piss off. Though it's so easy to confuse I wish people would stop using it as I always think that at first too.

Ah, the internet. The Grand Palace of Misunderstanding. I am very glad you pointed that out. I have been using 'Po' as polite shorthand for a long time now without EVER REALIZING how it could be misread for piss off :) None so blind etc etc. Will have to do that most uncomfortable thing and reconsider.

Thanks.

• @Love3quency

Yes, you get lynched if you don’t like BM3 or don’t subscribe to the theory that @brambos is god lol

Yesh, BM3 is crap, agree.. but Bram IS god !!!
    :-)))
    (i exagerrate intentionaly, partially just yoking)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Tarekith said:
    PO means something like "I'm outta here", not piss off. Though it's so easy to confuse I wish people would stop using it as I always think that at first too.

Ah, the internet. The Grand Palace of Misunderstanding. I am very glad you pointed that out. I have been using 'Po' as polite shorthand for a long time now without EVER REALIZING how it could be misread for piss off :) None so blind etc etc. Will have to do that most uncomfortable thing and reconsider.

Thanks.

That’s interesting, because for years I’ve been using the phrase “oh shove it up your arse” as an equivalence to “fine thanks, and how are you too?” without ever realising that it might be misconstrued as a cheery yet vapid greeting of a morning.

• edited January 2018

In german Po is the same as butt. :p

• @Cib said:

very unhöflich

• edited January 2018

@supadom said:

@Cib said:

very unhöflich

But "Po" is beside "Hintern" the most "höflich" word for butt.
    What is the most non swearing word for butt in englisch? I want to learn some stuff here :)

• . > @Cib said:

@supadom said:

@Cib said:

very unhöflich

But "Po" is beside "Hintern" the most "höflich" word for butt.
    What is the most non swearing word for butt in englisch? I want to learn some stuff here :)

Haha, god knows :/ 'Posterior' maybe?