Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Have you been underwhelmed recently ?

Comments

• edited January 2018

Maybe just evolve to the next step if you don´t find the tools on iOS.....there is a bigger world out there.
    Otherwise there is nothing you can do. New hobby?
    I even agree a bit but that is in the eye of the beholder. In general the iOS community is very euphoric and that is of course nice but i also think that it´s a bit distorted reality sometimes.
    There are everywhere great apps, plug-ins and even cheap hardware these days. Nothing is REALLY innovative maybe since everything exist already in any form. Synths, sequencers, samplers etc.
    But innovation can be something else from person to person. It might be old code in a new GUI (Virsyn or many other iOS app) or sound engines which doesn´t impress me on it´s own compared to others but are packed in a great new workflow, GUI, idea to interact with sound (f.e. Synthscaper, Animoog, Borderlands etc.).
    But if you wait for really complete new inventions in music creation you won´t find them maybe anywhere.
    Infinite f.e. could be something since it´s something very unique and it can do things for synthesis no other synth can. There are other examples where is a special area of tools which have something no other tool has.
    But maybe you just need new inspiration and should take a break.
    At the end i really see that similar like you but that is my personal problem and i find inspiration elsewhere but still come back and have fun with some of the unique iOS tools.
    I have no problems with such kind of threads.....maybe i´m a troll too, i don´t know >:)

• @Iostress said:

@gusgranite said:
    The opposite for me. Totally blown away by the apps I have picked up in the past year.

Quantum - I can’t get over what an incredible sequencer this is.
    Syntronik - thought I would regret getting this one but I just love the layered sounds and FX.
    Neo-Soul Keys - I can’t believe I have these sounds on my iPad.
    PPG Infinite - I think this might actually be the best sounding synth on iOS.
    Yes, Zeeon too. What a synth.
    iMono/Poly - lovely sounds.
    When did DrumPerfect Pro come out? I only got it in 2017 and it is the business.
    Groovebox - have loved the flow of patterns and kits that get released.
    Layr - on the iPad!
    MV08 - in AU too. Boom!
    The BM3 sampler and pads (because I haven’t got my head around the BM3 arranger yet).
    Xequence (because I haven’t got my head around the BM3 arranger yet...).
    The Rozeta suite. Jam heaven.
    All of the crazy FX by Audio Damage and DDMF, etc.
    And it’s a year old now but getting Troublemaker still makes me grin ear to ear. On my iPad!

So I would say I have frustrations rather than disappointments. Little bugs, Link not quite running right, interoperability, not being able to pick up a session from where I left off. That sort of thing.

This past year has been an absolute treat. I will qualify all this by saying it was my first year playing with these toys. And maybe I am easily pleased... :smiley:

PPG infinite is calling me! Might grab that and Fugue then call it a day for like 6 months except for some more AUfx (poss the new filter from Audio Damage or Apefilter + some kind of saturation/distortion....Something like lo-fly but not sold on that one yet).

Bm3/Rozetta/Zeeon/Model15/IDensity/FieldScaper/Samplr/Animoog are enough for me to do the kind of stuff I bought an iPad for. Always tempting to keep buying but too much is too much, for me at least. Especially in iOS where it can be quite time consuming with shuffling files around etc.

GR16 is the only recent thing I’ve bought that I have mixed feelings on
    I was hoping for a bit more than is there. Can see it’s appeal but just didn’t hold my interest. Promising for future though.

Have you checked out Quantum?

I use the Blamsoft Resampler over Lo-Fly. I think they get similar results.

• edited January 2018

Left the iPad far from you and build something else with your own hands. I’m serious and I will apply myself the advice.
    Be all the day with iPad/iPhone is underwhelming or wtf word to describe the burn out feeling.

• @supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I’ve been pretty chuffed with most of my recent purchases. Less chuffed with my Air 2 which is starting to show its age.

Which is pretty fucked up if you asked me.

Probably worse after the next ‘security’ update.

• I'm more exited about going forward with IOS apps.
    The majority of existing apps just don't stand the test of time.

It's the visionary app developers that get me gassed, and it is these dev's that will continue to break the rulebook / think outside the square. The ones that don't will continue to make hyped up apps that fade away quickly.
    We don't need any more synths - we need reinventions of what a synth is, and what it can do. We need samplers that are complete rethinks on what a sampler can achieve.
    Same with sequencers / FX etc.

I have about 6 apps out of 50 that stand the test of time, and continue to inspire.

The competition is now driving the devs to be much more creative, reinvent - or dismally fail. After all - they serve creative artists that want to be inspired.

• Shout out to FM Player! What a cool way to drop a legendary synth app on us.

OK, I'll shut up now. :smile:

• @MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I’ve been pretty chuffed with most of my recent purchases. Less chuffed with my Air 2 which is starting to show its age.

Which is pretty fucked up if you asked me.

Probably worse after the next ‘security’ update.

I’m staying on 10 for the foreseeable future. If that means unsafe that’s fine by me. Probably surfing on questionable sites and downloading dodgy material will be out of the question but that’s just as well, gotta grow up at one point or another.

Good luck with staying on the latest and safest albeit probably not the greatest. You’ll prolly end up doing what Apple wants you to...get a newer model. ;)

• I don't get the idea of being bored. We got a ton of stuff to learn and make music with. What more is needed?

• Completely OVERWHELMED with this power contained here

• @Love3quency said:

And today I grabbed the Rozeta update and played with it but it doesnt offer anything different than the other generative apps...

What other generative apps are you comparing Rozeta too? I don't have it yet, but am attracted by the interface (which is Bram's real talent IMO).

• I feel like I’m wasting time if I’m not dropping phat beats with all my apps at once

• I learned pretty quick to do my best to ignore some of the hype for apps that goes on here. I've bought a lot in past because they were talked about here so much, but then I never really bonded with them and they sit unused. These days I try and only buy things I know I'll use or have a definite need for.

The hype train is strong here though :)

• @Tarekith said:
    I learned pretty quick to do my best to ignore some of the hype for apps that goes on here. I've bought a lot in past because they were talked about here so much, but then I never really bonded with them and they sit unused. These days I try and only buy things I know I'll use or have a definite need for.

The hype train is strong here though :)

True. But how do we know if there are no demos.
    But i got from my early 2-3 apps a week to a diet of 1 per months at best now.
    I still feel fat..... :|

• I used to be both overwhelmed and underwhelmed. What has helped me tremendously in the past 6 months regarding hype is that I've learned which user's opinions to ignore.
    Also, being more in tune with my limitations is a plus. The world of traditional acoustic music applies here, for me anyway, in the following sense:

I'm a piano player. Suddenly an awesome upright bass player sits in and blows everyone away. Now I want to play upright bass!

• Hrmmm i really love what i have access to on iOS and OS X these days. It’s allowed me to create an album, publish it and get on with the next one.

Pretty happy and satisfied over here.

• Looks like there’s a lot of fairly whelmed, grateful people here. Case closed, right?

• @supadom said:
    Otherwise known as a moaner's negativity thread.

Then why are you reading and participating?

• @Samplemunch said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Maybe music isn’t your thing? ;)

Now that is how you smash a troll :)

• @DCJ said:
    Looks like there’s a lot of fairly whelmed, grateful people here. Case closed, right?

Maybe, I was just stating my relative experience is all...

I’m grateful for the apps I have that I use regularly

GB
    LORENTZ
    AUM
    AUFX SPACE
    ITALIZER
    ZEON
    GROOVEBOX
    AUDIOSHARE
    WIZIBEL
    KORG APPS
    KAULDRON

• I’m sure my condition will improve once NS2 arrives:)

Forgive my app depression lol

• Hrmmm. There is more to life than apps.

• Bought my ipad Pro a week ago. As a pianist/keys player i already knew which apps to get in advance, from reading the boards etc. First day i bought :

• Korg Module + Ivory expansion = No regrets, love the Ivory!
    • Ravenscroft 275: Let's i'm a junky for this thing, already own the full software version so i HAD to get the iOS version as well.

And....... the underwhelmed crown goes to.........: Neo Soul Keys Studio. Been firing my 88 controller with it for 2 days straight and i'm not really connecting with it at all. Something off about i can't seem to put my finger on. On the hand, i vastly enjoy playing Garageband's EP which i'm highly suspecting is a scaled down version of their EVP88.

• @Love3quency said:

@supadom said:
    Otherwise known as a moaner's negativity thread.

Then why are you reading and participating?

Because this place does not belong to you

• It's all subjective right? People hyping something just means they're excited about it. Why shouldn't they be? It doesn't matter who they are, I always have to see and hear something for myself before I decide what it'll do for me. There must be videos or complete documentation, or there's nothing to go on. After checking it out, if it isn't enough, I don't buy it. That's not the fault of those really liking it.

• With more people participating in the forum, it seems there’d also be more people endorsing the new apps as they come out. I think hype seems to overstate the case. The other issue is if you already have a lot of apps why not think more about what you need, if anything else, to make your music?

Getting upset with people who are enthusiastic about an app which doesn’t work out for you seems less effective than learning more about an app before purchasing it. There are a number of iOS music app review sites so taking your time and asking specific questions would seem more reasonable if you’re really interested in acquiring apps suited to your needs.

Complaining about those purchases afterwards might be a one way to deal with the disappointment yet it seems more defined and selective criteria for app purchases would be the long term solution.

• Another one totally whelmed here.

We live in wonderous times for mobile music making with some great devs pushing out quality apps and some quality members of the community demoing them and championing the cause. I mean actually producing stuff of value for the good of all instead of sniping.

The "Mr Controversial" threads and posts are amusingly predictable on 'tinternet.

• Totally whelmed with my app purchases, everything else in my life last year... not so much

• edited January 2018

I'm welmed by the choices that I have to create with. I'm happy with what I have in front of me and the self-knowing that I don't exactly have to or want to compare it/size it up versus other kinds of gear.
    Future apps/gear for inspiration? "Controversial" or not, I think that's why we like talking about it right? We all want that spark, no? As long as it's meaningful and doesn't try to that drive away desire away from me, I don't mind these threads.

• edited January 2018

@gusgranite said:
    Shout out to FM Player! What a cool way to drop a legendary synth app on us.

Thank you. I’ll be the first to admit that FM Player does not deserve many of the nice things said about it. However, I’d like everyone here to know that myself and the other AudioKit contributors and volunteers truly appreciate everyone’s kind words and encouragement on this board. It is keeping us focused and driven to build music apps that will hopefully be inspiring music making instruments for the iPad. We still have a lot of work to do. And, we hope we can make instruments that are fun to play. Thanks again,

• @analog_matt said:

@gusgranite said:
    Shout out to FM Player! What a cool way to drop a legendary synth app on us.

Thank you. I’ll be the first to admit that FM Player does not deserve many of the nice things said about it. However, I’d like everyone here to know that myself and the other AudioKit contributors and volunteers truly appreciate everyone’s kind words and encouragement on this board. It is keeping us focused and driven to build music apps that will hopefully be inspiring music making instruments for the iPad. We still have a lot of work to do. And, we hope we can make instruments that are fun to play. Thanks again,

You keep kicking ass, we'll keep taking names :)