Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modstep 2

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear, nothin’ serious at all about my comeback. I was just having some fun with ya. B)

• I'm pretty sure 2.0 is a free update. It's the new engine that they've been talking about for months. It's also probably going to have undo. Can't wait for it :)

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    I'm pretty sure 2.0 is a free update. It's the new engine that they've been talking about for months. It's also probably going to have undo. Can't wait for it :)

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    I'm pretty sure 2.0 is a free update. It's the new engine that they've been talking about for months. It's also probably going to have undo. Can't wait for it :)

And panning?

• This is Awesome, question is will it be released 2017 or 2018 ?

• tjatja
    edited December 2017

It's alpha.
    Sure 2018

And I would prefer a new App - as i always fear such big updates may prove to be problematic. Better a new one and let me the original as well.

Price? It's OK to pay.
    Or they could offer a bundle with the old version.

• iam all in for a new app it doesnt matter. but i really hope for release very soon, i dont like teses of apps that are far from release.

• a) it will be a free update
    b) it has undo. :D

• @cblomert said:
    a) it will be a free update

Great you been busy.

• @cblomert said:

Too kind, make audio clips an IAP at least...you gotta get paid somehow

• One significant improvement – I mean, single-handedly taking it from v1.n all the way up to v23.n would be to replace the meaningless little pictures all over the place with actual, you know, words.

• @cblomert said:

Ace :) Will it still work on iOS 9?

• ah, undo. missed you. sweet

@u0421793 said:
    One significant improvement – I mean, single-handedly taking it from v1.n all the way up to v23.n would be to replace the meaningless little pictures all over the place with actual, you know, words.

1 word - moan
    free update to those that have it
    2 words - thank you.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@cblomert said:

cool with me.

• @mrcanister said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@cblomert said:

cool with me.

I’m in! When?

• @cblomert said:

Cool thanks :)

• @cblomert said:

Public relations can be so simple :) Excellent and good to hear. Looking forward to seeing the result of your efforts.

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

@cblomert said:

And panning? :# B)

(P.S. this is actually meant as a serious question)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@cblomert said:

Yes. This is a major addition to the functionality of the app and I would be more than happy to help fund further development (I have a big list of feature I would love to see implemented in the future! And a couple of bugs still lingering.... https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19471/modstep-bugs-and-new-features)

• edited December 2017

I'm a fan of this developer and interested in any path they wanna explore. I think they're trying to push the platform in new directions without being mired in legacy paradigms. And, I happen to like clean, image-driven interfaces with fewer words to clutter up the visual space... as long as the icons are well designed and communicate intuitively. I actually think they do an excellent job of this. If anything, I'd prefer MORE graphics and fewer "words". ;)

For example, at bottom right of Modstep there's a button for CHAIN. The letters are scrunched up and cut off. They could go smaller, but wouldn't it be more visually more elegant to have a simple icon of a chain link there instead?

• @cblomert said:

any rough eta like q1 2018 or so?

• edited December 2017

Great stuff, looking forward to the update! I’m using Modstep often to sync ipad apps with hardware instruments (octatrack and a few synths/drum machines), so it would great to see some progress in this area. Would like to see Modstep respond to incoming MIDI start/stop/continue messages and to handle incoming clock sync better - ive found that often the tempo doesn’t update, even though the settings page shows the external clock being received and it is selected. In any case, I’m a big fan of the app and it’s great to see that there will be more from Modstep in 2018!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Anybody testing this? Are we thinking this drops soon?
    Audio clips. This is Ableton for iOS.

Well, sorta. The scenes half of ableton at least. Although we need more follow actions, like play next scene!

It does have play next scene, doesn't it? Or do you mean something beyond song mode?

Yes! Actually the play next scene function is fab. But Ableton allows for MIDI CC control to move backwards and forwards through scenes, which is required for live improv performances where you can't predict how long you'll linger on a given scene.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Well, sorta. The scenes half of ableton at least. Although we need more follow actions, like play next scene!

It does have play next scene, doesn't it? Or do you mean something beyond song mode?

Yes! Actually the play next scene function is fab. But Ableton allows for MIDI CC control to move backwards and forwards through scenes, which is required for live improv performances where you can't predict how long you'll linger on a given scene.

Are you a continuing/committed Modstepper?

I found it complex at first blush and put it in the one rainy fortnight drawer, but its place has been taken by trying to slowly figure out BM3 (Hey! Making progress!)....not looking for a compare and contrast, just wondering if you're finding a return on your investment (of time)....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I found it complex at first blush and put it in the one rainy fortnight drawer, but its place has been taken by trying to slowly figure out BM3 (Hey! Making progress!)....not looking for a compare and contrast, just wondering if you're finding a return on your investment (of time)....

I invested some time in Modstep and understand it well at this point. For live MIDI clips, it is the creme de la creme--and very stable at this point. So I use it often for live jams.

For song building I use BM3 and am finding a good return on the time investment there.

The UX is baffling at times in both beasts but I've made peace with the situation, choosing to furrow my brow but keep moving.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I invested some time in Modstep and understand it well at this point. For live MIDI clips, it is the creme de la creme--and very stable at this point. So I use it often for live jams.

For song building I use BM3 and am finding a good return on the time investment there.

The UX is baffling at times in both beasts but I've made peace with the situation, choosing to furrow my brow but keep moving.

Good. Confirmation is always reassuring. Agree with the keep moving aspect. I also made peace with the fact that I couldn't fit BM3 in my mouth in one bite, am far less frustrated (angry) as a result and just nibble a little each night (Nurse)...am not a live clip launcher, but am still interested in the next iteration of Modstep...

• @lukesleepwalker said:

Are there any UX nerds here? Feel like the right person could mock up an improved top bar/menu system in a few hours to float past the ModStep crew. Top bar as a first step to sorting some of the UX confusion anyway. It's been one of the most consistently expressed ModStep pain points on the forum.

• @yonhorizon said:
    Please one of them , make ableton set export

Korg Gadget?

• This is interesting news for sure.

I need more options to be confused over which to use.