Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modstep 2

Comments

• Hey guys. I use MODSTEP to control and automate MIDI guitar pedals and it does an incredible job. I really like that it might have clip launch features coming in v2, but does anyone know if the devs have plans for recording/looping live audio as well? That would be dope...

• @LeGrandTristone said:
    Hey guys. I use MODSTEP to control and automate MIDI guitar pedals and it does an incredible job. I really like that it might have clip launch features coming in v2, but does anyone know if the devs have plans for recording/looping live audio as well? That would be dope...

Wasnt clear to me from the teaser whether it was audio clips or also recording. No not sure. Anyone?

• What clips?

• edited January 2019

@kinkujin said:
    What clips?

Probably the OP...

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@kinkujin said:
    What clips?

Probably the OP...

it's more than one year ago. Good. Anyone from Zerodebug could confirm that they are working on this app?

• Well meanwhile Stagelight bring similar appproach (not so hardware centric) but audio/midi clips for sure...

I think @cblomert is wirking of this after Sodadj and also @Michael after samplerbot...

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    Well meanwhile Stagelight bring similar appproach (not so hardware centric) but audio/midi clips for sure...

I think @cblomert is wirking of this after Sodadj and also @Michael after samplerbot...

Stagelight is fun and I’m impressed with a lot of it, but it really feels like a desktop DAW brought to iPad and it doesn’t take advantage of the fact that it’s being run on a tablet. I like using Modstep for the hardware control and find it’s the best option out there for my setup. Great for composition and live performance controls.

I’m hoping for a more audio-friendly Modstep2 with a few less quirks and a few more features. Personally, I don’t mind waiting for an new version, but yeah, I just hope it’s on the way...

• @LeGrandTristone said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    Well meanwhile Stagelight bring similar appproach (not so hardware centric) but audio/midi clips for sure...

Stagelight is fun and I’m impressed with a lot of it, but it really feels like a desktop DAW brought to iPad and it doesn’t take advantage of the fact that it’s being run on a tablet. I like using Modstep for the hardware control and find it’s the best option out there for my setup. Great for composition and live performance controls.

I’m hoping for a more audio-friendly Modstep2 with a few less quirks and a few more features. Personally, I don’t mind waiting for an new version, but yeah, I just hope it’s on the way...

Same for me here, Modstep is still the best sequencer on iOS if your mainly sequencing hardware, it is also a bit of a swiss army knife for MIDI. I have been patiently waiting on the new version for a while.
    I hope they take their time with it and iron out all the 'oddities' that make it difficult for people to get their heads fully around it. Which I am sure they will. :)

• @LeGrandTristone said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

I keep an eye on Stagelight, but it doesnt have tempo changes, so that is a deal breaker for me. Audio clips would be nice in Modstep but Im just using samples in the Modstep sampler for that. Audio time stretch and basic editing for the audio loops would be great all in Modstep, but workaround isnt hard.

• Modstep + AUM is the best way to build songs in iOS imo

• I love the templates for hardware in this app. I spent a fair amount of time figuring out it's quirks or adjusting to it's way of working. I like it alot. I seem to be spending most of my ios time in NS2 these days but I'll return to ModStep for sure.

I'm unsure what is planned for a the next iteration ( I don't know what I'd add?) but I'm certainly curious. Is it happening for sure?

• @MAtrixplan said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@kinkujin said:
    What clips?

Probably the OP...

it's more than one year ago. Good. Anyone from Zerodebug could confirm that they are working on this app?

Last thing I saw mention from the dev was October
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/554987#Comment_554987

Well, except they reposted a little Instagram video of mine in November, which was nice.

• Ah ok. Was wondering if there was more up-to-date info. Whatevs, it's so useful as it is for me. Thanks @Multicellular .

• edited January 2019

Ya. It already does everything I need.* I guess I just hang around anxious to see it is still being developed because there is no real alternative that does a midi pattern looper for me, Ableton-esque, with odd times and tempo automation.

• With a few small quibbles I can work around, e.g. no easy project file export (we have to use iMazing with my duo to share songs), will cut off midi notes at the beginning of loops if you are a split second early.
  • edited April 2019

@Multicellular said:
    Ya. It already does everything I need.* I guess I just hang around anxious to see it is still being developed because there is no real alternative that does a midi pattern looper for me, Ableton-esque, with odd times and tempo automation.

• With a few small quibbles I can work around, e.g. no easy project file export (we have to use iMazing with my duo to share songs), will cut off midi notes at the beginning of loops if you are a split second early.

Was searching again for any Modstep updates. Didn't find any.

But I saw my prior post here, and if anyone were to search, I'd note that since January when I wrote that, now Korg Gadget has added tempo changes per scene, and even better, ramping within that.

I haven't switched because there are some core things Gadget is missing, like program change out^ and I'm not anxious to stop using all the sweet AU3s.

^though we were able to make a work-a-round via converting notes to PCs with Streambyter but that's a bit annoying to have to do.

• Modstep is one of my favorite apps, so this is very good news I read on the Modstep community 😊

When someone afsked if Modstep has been discontinued, the answer from 12 days ago was:

Hey,

sorry for the long wait, we are currently started working on updates for all apps. (touchAble, studiomux, modstep (2)).

We are currently finalising touchAble, and started working on the update for studiomux (App and server). And will continue with modstep (2) thereafter.

We completely rewrote the graphic and audio framework we use for all our Apps. Therefore a more or less complete rewrite is necessary to provide new updates. We try to release at least beta versions for all apps until the end of the year.

All the best.

pascal

Source:

https://community.zerodebug.com/t/is-modstep-discontinued/1215

• @White said:
    Modstep is one of my favorite apps, so this is very good news I read on the Modstep community 😊

When someone afsked if Modstep has been discontinued, the answer from 12 days ago was:

Hey,

sorry for the long wait, we are currently started working on updates for all apps. (touchAble, studiomux, modstep (2)).

We are currently finalising touchAble, and started working on the update for studiomux (App and server). And will continue with modstep (2) thereafter.

We completely rewrote the graphic and audio framework we use for all our Apps. Therefore a more or less complete rewrite is necessary to provide new updates. We try to release at least beta versions for all apps until the end of the year.

All the best.

pascal

Source:

https://community.zerodebug.com/t/is-modstep-discontinued/1215

I want to be very happy about this news so I shall be. C'mon guys!! Who can do it??!!??

• @yug said:
    What year? :D

Every year, in fact any time anybody asks, the exact same answer is rolled out, or is that trolled out, Modstep is long since dead, was it three years ago they did the video of audio clips LOL.

• It's called "The Santa Modstep Syndrome"
    These (genious) guys have autism with their customers, so it might come at some point...or not...That's the beauty of legends...

• Modstep is fantastic right now, and it can so elegantly do things NO other sequencer can do on iOS. Its dodgy reputation I think owes mostly to the fact that IAA apps were a disaster. I just use AU and have no crashes or problems. And the synth engine is bloody remarkable. And with Files support, the sampler basically lets you have any drum machine ever.

• The concept is indeed fantastic, and there's a lot of unique features, but honestly, the midi edition is a nightmare, program change needs polish (bank select) no undo/redo, and no updates in 3 years...
    And I've send at least 20 feature request, or bug report, not even a single response.
    Well...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You're absolutely correct, @crony, it needs a polish. And as a team, they're not particularly communicative. It doesn't help that the whole Modstep project is kind of inscrutable.
    But I get lost in this app like no other.

• @yug said:

Laugh of the day right there! Thanks. :D

• edited November 2019

I need help.
    How do you think is it worth buying this abandoned modstep ?
    Does it works fine on ipados13?
    Is it stable enough?
    Do you guys use it?
    Thanks

• Modstep developers have really dug into the guts of > @Turntablist said:

@yug said:

Every year, in fact any time anybody asks, the exact same answer is rolled out, or is that trolled out, Modstep is long since dead, was it three years ago they did the video of audio clips LOL.

Yeah, this is old news

• I honestly doubt this is ever going to appear as much as I’d like it to, shame really as they were building on a potentially great app.

• I feel like the people who say Modstep is dead never used it in the first place.

• As a midi sequencer it still works great.