Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DELUGE: Did we talk about this? This is crazy

Comments

• @echoopera said:
    The unicorn has finally arrived:

Love the case! What are your thoughts? This has been on my radar for years now.

• @HotStrange said:

@echoopera said:
    The unicorn has finally arrived:

Love the case! What are your thoughts? This has been on my radar for years now.

Literally just unboxed it and haven't powered it up yet. It's going to be a learning process of joy over the next several days I am sure...now where to find the time I need to work it into the flow :wink:

• edited September 2022

Wow! Congrats! Looking forward to your tunes.

Edit: Yup OLED display. I wonder how small the text is for my old eyes...

• Congrats on the new toy! Super jelly over here. Always wanted a Deluge, but they’ve always been a little too pricey for me, even more so now with the new OLED model/inflated price.

• If you are in the market for deluge - get one now before any other “supply chain - shipping - global - issues” happen

I’m ordering a CME WIDI for mine so it’ll be a tad more seamless with my iPad

@echoopera make sure and get at least one of the “Boards of Deluge” synth packs

• Thanks everyone. The Deluge has been one of those instruments I've wanted for the longest time...and with the recent announcement, I decided to go for it and splurge.

@audiblevideo Yep...it's on my list of Packs to get...they sound amazing...

• MPE support is via midi I guess because those buttons are not velocity senotive. Also the CPU is an older
    model from what
    I understand

• edited September 2022

@Telstar5 from all the music i am hearing from the instrument it sounds exactly like what I’ve been missing. 😜 it looks to replace all of the following:
    OctaTrack mk2
    Tracker
    M+
    MPC
    Minilogue

I think the only limitation of the Deluge will be with me😵‍💫

Sounds like a great thing to me:

• edited September 2022

@echoopera said:
    @Telstar5 from all the music i am hearing from the instrument it sounds exactly like what I’ve been missing. 😜 it looks to replace all of the following:
    OctaTrack mk2
    Tracker
    M+
    MPC
    Minilogue

I think the only limitation of the Deluge will be with me😵‍💫

Sounds like a great thing to me:

Replace as in you’re gonna get rid of them and use only the Deluge in their place? Must be a killer machine.

I recently sold my 707 as I wasn’t quite gelling with it and the Deluge is probably the one I want the most. That said, the Syntakt is also calling my name 😅

• Love my Deluge and cannot wait to get my screen upgraded as that is the only thing that drives any small hesitance to get it out more.

• edited September 2022

@echoopera I highly recommend all of the Boards of Deluge packs, it opens up the internal synth's capabilities compared to the onboard sounds.

• I was so happy that I got my order in just before they announced their three week hiatus, now I have to send my pre-OLED back to Hobbiton for an upgrade and the way better case.

• @Thelast27 said:
    @echoopera I highly recommend all of the Boards of Deluge packs, it opens up the internal synth's capabilities compared to the onboard sounds.

Yeah the patches sound phenomenal. I picked up pack 1 and 6 and will get the rest soon once i get a better feel of the workflow.

The Deluge is everything i had hoped for so far.

• Early early days still as I’ve only had the Deluge for a little over a week…but things are rolling as they say 🤪

• Where the little grooved ended up after a pairing with the SP 404mk2:

• edited September 2022

Another day and another opportunity to take this setup out for a Sunday drive:

https://on.soundcloud.com/3AMvjfHLhDy6xut2A

• @echoopera said:

You need moar buttons ;)

• edited September 2022

@audiblevideo said:

@echoopera said:

You need moar buttons ;)

I think it's a combination of too much GAS and too much money :smile:

• @Pierre118 at least we all have ample proof on this forum that @echoopera uses all his toys/tools frequently and adeptly
    😊

• edited September 2022

Maybe I'm missing something.

For the price, you can get one of the more expensive iPad Pro models plus a good set of professional music apps, which offer far more flexibility and a better user interface. Also, as a bonus, you can browse the internet, take and manage photos, receive and send emails, doodle, manage and listen to your music, play Angry Birds, and about a zillion other things.

Who is the target audience for a device like this?

• edited September 2022

@ Echopera: Deluge AND an SP? Oh wait, I get it … The fx

• @SevenSystems said:

For the price, you can get one of the more expensive iPad Pro models plus a good set of professional music apps, which offer far more flexibility and a better user interface. Also, as a bonus, you can browse the internet, take and manage photos, receive and send emails, doodle, manage and listen to your music, play Angry Birds, and about a zillion other things.

Fully agree!

But what I said.......GAS and too much money.

• @Pierre118 said:

@SevenSystems said:

Fully agree!

...both things that we in the EU currently don't have 😂

• edited September 2022

@SevenSystems you are missing something :wink: The iPad Pro is fantastic, but it's a time sucker when wanting to focus on music since it's so expansive and flexible. 3 minutes on Twitter, 5 Minutes on the web, 10 Minutes on AB forums...all add up and take time away from composing...but we all know this.

The Deluge brings all the best of what a groove box is into a single instrument. I just happen to have extra gear to bring in to the fold as the Deluge becomes the brains of it.

It's also one of those instruments I've wanted for years, and this year was the year to get it.

Also, I don't think people have to justify what they use to make music as long as they make music with what they have ;) There's always something better, more appropriate for a musicians specific needs. We all work the way we work to find our groove and flow. But again, something we all know :wink:

• @SevenSystems said:

@Pierre118 said:

@SevenSystems said:

Fully agree!

...both things that we in the EU currently don't have 😂

:smile: :smile: :smile:

• @Pierre118 said:

@SevenSystems said:

Fully agree!

I don't disagree with that. Had to sell some nice kit to fund it for sure :smile:

• @Telstar5 said:
    @ Echopera: Deluge AND an SP? Oh wait, I get it … The fx

Yep...and also the ability to play loose and off the grid with the SP is something I now cherish in composing.

• edited September 2022

@echoopera said:
    @SevenSystems you are missing something :wink: The iPad Pro is fantastic, but it's a time sucker when wanting to focus on music since it's so expansive and flexible. 3 minutes on Twitter, 5 Minutes on the web, 10 Minutes on AB forums...all add up and take time away from composing...but we all know this.

OK, but that's a psychological problem, not a technical one. iOS doesn't force you to use anything other than music apps (mostly) ;)

The Deluge brings all the best of what a groove box is into a single instrument.

But doesn't, for example, Korg Gadget do that too, but with a far better user interface, especially for sequencing?

Also, I don't think people have to justify what they use to make music as long as they make music with what they have ;)

No, it was just a completely open-ended technical / philosophical question, I'm not doubting the rationality of peoples' decisions :)

• edited September 2022

Yeah, I agree @SevenSystems. If I'm using the iPad for music, there are no distractions even if I access everything. The focus is music.

Personally, I dislike learning more and more new workflows and integrating hardware (clock sync, etc). I have a handful of workflows at this point that I'm reasonably happy with it (Drambo, AUM, LK, Maschine, VCV/Modular, and Bitwig/Ableton) and prefer refining those. Not discouraging or saying people shouldn't buy what they want or can. But I've reached a point where gear acquisition is limiting. The nice thing about modular esp in VCV is you have thousands of modules to keep things fresh, so it satisfies some GAS. Like New apps, lol.

The new display on Deluge is a big improvement. But after getting used a giant screen like the iPad, hard to go to tiny pixel workflow.

• edited September 2022

We all have our ideals of what works for us. At the end of the day all that matters is that your creativity has a conduit to be expressed :smile:

Use that which helps to manifest the music you have inside I always say :wink:

I don't have time to defend my workflow to people :blush: