Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DELUGE: Did we talk about this? This is crazy

1235

Comments

  • edited July 25

    @Pierre118 said:
    My Deluge arrived yesterday. Shipping in 3 workdays from NZ to The Netherlands!

    Just replaced the battery for a 3450mAh.

    First a quick look at the manual, trying to understand the workflow. I come from a Octatrack, so this is really different.(i think?)

    I hope you love it!

    I recommend searching for Ron Cavagnaro's videos on Youtube, as well as Mr Wiggly's. Some decent beginner tutorials there.

    The overall workflow is nicely enhanced with 3.0, so I would expect a lot of new videos when it drops in a few weeks' time after the beta testing period. Currently we're not allowed to upload videos of 3.0 to YouTube, though.

  • @Michael_R_Grant Does the Deluge have step components like the OP-Z?

  • @Michael_R_Grant Thanks for the tips!

  • edited July 25

    @mistercharlie said:
    @Michael_R_Grant Does the Deluge have step components like the OP-Z?

    Not exactly. It has recordable automation and various parameter locks for each step, but not the more outlandish OP-Z options.

  • @Michael_R_Grant Do you know how I can see the firmware version? And where I can see the level of the battery?

  • @Michael_R_Grant Thanks. I still want one though :)

  • @Pierre118 said:
    @Michael_R_Grant Do you know how I can see the firmware version? And where I can see the level of the battery?

    Hold down Shift and the Select knob to reach the settings menu. Scroll through the options until you see the one labelled FIRM. Click the Select knob again to see the version you're on.

    As for battery, there's an LED somewhere on the top that shows the battery level (I don't have the machine in front of me now). It goes from green to amber to red. When it's red, you should recharge! There is no 'exact' battery reading.

  • @mistercharlie said:
    @Michael_R_Grant Thanks. I still want one though :)

    I would thoroughly recommend the machine. It's the perfect partner for an iPad.

  • @Michael_R_Grant said:

    @mistercharlie said:
    @Michael_R_Grant Thanks. I still want one though :)

    I would thoroughly recommend the machine. It's the perfect partner for an iPad.

    Thanks for the info.

    It's indeed a perfect companion for the iPad. I sold my Octatrack and OP-Z, now I 'only' still own a Deluge, a Waldorf Streichfett and a iPad. Really a super-trio for all kinds of music.

  • @Michael_R_Grant said:

    @mistercharlie said:
    @Michael_R_Grant Does the Deluge have step components like the OP-Z?

    Not exactly. It has recordable automation and various parameter locks for each step, but not the more outlandish OP-Z options.

    which 'outlandish options are you referring to, got me really curious?

  • edited July 25

    I still have my OPz even though I was considering getting the Deluge initially . I held onto it though as it does seem to have some extra tricks up its sleeve as far as a sequencer goes. Interesting that you sold it though.. Hmmm

  • Funny, I didn’t see @Michael_R_Grant ‘s comment until after I typed mine.. hmmm

  • @Pierre118 said:

    @Michael_R_Grant said:

    @mistercharlie said:
    @Michael_R_Grant Thanks. I still want one though :)

    I would thoroughly recommend the machine. It's the perfect partner for an iPad.

    Thanks for the info.

    It's indeed a perfect companion for the iPad. I sold my Octatrack and OP-Z, now I 'only' still own a Deluge, a Waldorf Streichfett and a iPad. Really a super-trio for all kinds of music.

    Well when you want to sell the Deluge....lol

    I am here......

  • @RUST( i )K said:

    @Pierre118 said:

    @Michael_R_Grant said:

    @mistercharlie said:
    @Michael_R_Grant Thanks. I still want one though :)

    I would thoroughly recommend the machine. It's the perfect partner for an iPad.

    Thanks for the info.

    It's indeed a perfect companion for the iPad. I sold my Octatrack and OP-Z, now I 'only' still own a Deluge, a Waldorf Streichfett and a iPad. Really a super-trio for all kinds of music.

    Well when you want to sell the Deluge....lol

    I am here......

    :) @RUST( i )K The Deluge can not miss me.......but you're welcome to join the party

  • edited September 7

    Today I modified my Deluge a bit. 😊

    Maybe other Deluge Owner will like it as I do.

    A small company in Germany offer an alternative overlay which makes the handling of the Deluge significant more intuitive. Different areas or sections are colour coded and all functions are labelled very well. Better than the original!

    You can see the difference here, zoom in to find out more...

    This is the original

    The Deluge with the new overlay

    I like it and it was a good investment in my Deluge! 👍 😊

    If you are interested, you find the overlays here:
    Http://www.mxpand.com

  • @chandroji said:
    The Deluge with the new overlay

    Oh my, sweet, I want a "probably" button too!! :D

  • Thanks @chandroji , that's much better. I will order one.

  • Nice I like that! Looks like it’s updated for the new 3.0 shortcuts right?

  • Wow this is pretty cool.

  • @chandroji was itdifficult to modify? The instructions is in german, I don’t understand german 😕

  • edited September 7

    @rs2000 said:

    @chandroji said:
    The Deluge with the new overlay

    Oh my, sweet, I want a "probably" button too!! :D

    Hihi, i really don’t know what the “propably” Button do!
    I need to ask... 😎

    @Pierre118 said:
    Thanks @chandroji , that's much better. I will order one.

    For me it was a good investment. It’s much more readable for me, the contrast is better, the sections are in groups, font size is bigger and so on...

    Glad you like it too! 😊

    @Oblique said:
    Nice I like that! Looks like it’s updated for the new 3.0 shortcuts right?

    Yes, overlay contains all new 3.0 functions!

    @fattigman said:
    @chandroji was itdifficult to modify? The instructions is in german, I don’t understand german 😕

    It’s very easy and maybe 10 minutes work to adjust.
    You get the overlay, a cloth for cleaning the surface, a tool to remove the knobs and a pictured tutorial how to do everything. 👍

    The name of the owner of this small company is Mathias and is a nice guy. Maybe he have also an English how to...

    Happy you like the overlay! 😊

  • @chandroji thanks, I just bought it and posted on the deluge facebook group. I guess it will be sold out very soon.

  • edited September 7

    @fattigman said:
    @chandroji thanks, I just bought it and posted on the deluge facebook group. I guess it will be sold out very soon.

    👍😊

    By the way...
    Mathias offers also alternative Overlays for Korg Electribe 2 and for some Roland Boutique Synths!

  • Oh my, sweet, I want a "probably" button too!! :D

    Note probability / Iteration dependence

    Hold a note and turn the select knob to set a % probability (anticlockwise) or to set an iteration dependence (clockwise).

    For notes at the same time (horizontal) position, if they have the same probability number, they’ll always either all play together, or all not play – so you could have a whole chord which either all plays, or all doesn’t play.

    Or, if the probabilities of multiple notes at the same time (horizontal) position add up to 100, then always exactly just one of them will play. So you could have one note in your sequence randomly play one of several different pitches every time. (Don’t make any of the notes’ probabilities the same as each other, otherwise the previous paragraph’s logic will apply.)

    Notes’ triggering maybe dependent on earlier notes’ being triggered. Let’s say you’ve set a note’s probability at 70%. If you make another note at a different time-position and set its probability to 70% also, you’ll notice that you’re offered an additional option a 70 with a dot (.) after it. This means “play me only if the previous 70% note was successfully triggered”. Or, there will also be an option of 30% with a dot after it, which in this case will mean “play me only if the previous 70% note was not triggered”. (30% being 100% minus 70%.)

    As a shortcut to automatically set up the above for you, you can hold multiple notes simultaneously (even at different time-positions) and turn the knob to set them to always play together.

  • The version 3.0 firmware is out. Adds live looping and a bunch of functionality regarding audio clips. Extends this remarkable machine still further, and there's still wavetable synthesis to come (probably in Jan 2020 if the trajectory of firmware updates is maintained).

    Have a look at Loopop's new video about the Deluge if you're interested:

  • Actually they should make an ipad app for :smile:

    Easy edditing
    Visual feedback
    Integration with the lovely world of ipad (audiobus iaa au3)

  • @Bachus said:
    Actually they should make an ipad app for :smile:

    Easy edditing
    Visual feedback
    Integration with the lovely world of ipad (audiobus iaa au3)

    Visual editor on an iPad would definitely make me consider this. Otherwise, I'm leaning towards MC707.

  • @Bachus said:
    Actually they should make an ipad app for :smile:

    Easy edditing
    Visual feedback
    Integration with the lovely world of ipad (audiobus iaa au3)

    I like your idea.

    I connect my iPad via wireless Bluetooth to the Deluge, that works really good for midi sequencing both ways. Even my Roli Seaboard Block and Lightpad Blocks connect wireless to the Deluge. But a editor would be a nice add-on, hope it will happen one day

  • @Michael_R_Grant said:
    The version 3.0 firmware is out. Adds live looping and a bunch of functionality regarding audio clips. Extends this remarkable machine still further, and there's still wavetable synthesis to come (probably in Jan 2020 if the trajectory of firmware updates is maintained).

    Have a look at Loopop's new video about the Deluge if you're interested:

    yeah i need this bad boy ASAP! think im liking this more than the MC707 just for portability factor and those loop overdub layers are INSANE for my beatbox and singing looping stuff.

  • edited September 17

    @Gaia.Tree said:

    @Michael_R_Grant said:
    The version 3.0 firmware is out. Adds live looping and a bunch of functionality regarding audio clips. Extends this remarkable machine still further, and there's still wavetable synthesis to come (probably in Jan 2020 if the trajectory of firmware updates is maintained).

    Have a look at Loopop's new video about the Deluge if you're interested:

    yeah i need this bad boy ASAP! think im liking this more than the MC707 just for portability factor and those loop overdub layers are INSANE for my beatbox and singing looping stuff.

    The only disappointing bit of that video was how Loopop just showed the overdub layers rather than the single overdub workflow that most people will use. This was a major omission. You can hold record and press a pad in the grid on the row below an existing audio clip, to start a new single overdub that will auto-extend at the current zoom level of the Deluge until you tell it to stop. It’s brilliant and much more useful than the layering in practice.

    For example, let’s say your first audio clip loop is 2 bars. Start an overdub clip using this method, and you can make it 2/4/6/8/as many bars as you want. Or even hold Shift when you close the loop to close it instantly rather than it carrying on to the end of the allotted bars, for some polyrhythm action. And then you can either overdub the original clip again, or start a new overdub based on your overdub! OR you could clone the original clip and add loads of FX to it, and then overdub that with the FX intact. OR you could go in and live-fiddle with the length or transposition of your clip. OR turn a track with only audio clips into a drone by slowing the BPM to around single digits, piling on FX and playing with the gold knobs.

Sign In or Register to comment.