Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DELUGE: Did we talk about this? This is crazy

Comments

• I bought this pack yesterday and the patches are stunning! They are a little quieter than the factory patches but I’m well happy with them.

• shit well that preset pack just pushed me really far to the deluge side in my "deluge vs octatrack" battle. id be very surprised if i dont end up with a deluge soon. The fader and scenes on OT is the only thing keeping me from making that decision cold and hard

• Man. Those Patches sound phenomenal.

• oh my goodness not again, this guy is on fire!

• I saw Keith urban was using one last night

• I have a deluge and love it. I've been trying to get xequence and patterning to sequence it for a while but deluge keeps crashing when I get to the end of the loop. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've had it working before but I can't now... I no practically nothing about midi

• @FatPudding said:
    I have a deluge and love it. I've been trying to get xequence and patterning to sequence it for a while but deluge keeps crashing when I get to the end of the loop. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've had it working before but I can't now... I no practically nothing about midi

I should've said the deluge keeps crashing when I'm recording the sequence into deluge and get to the end of the loop

• @Pierre118 said:

@jollyDodger said:

it has it’s issues just like everything else. love it for the commute.

Nice setup! But, what is the case you are using? Maybe a link to it?

MAGMA 48003 Ctrl Hard-shell Case For Roland Boutique Key

• it's ok - I had to mod it for the ipad - and need to use a foam insert to protect the ipad screen when closed
  • edited April 2020

@kobamoto said:
    wow, my mind has been changed about the value of the synth on the Deluge.

• I wish more people made presets - particuliary combining samples and single-cycles..

• really looking forward to wavetables in 3.1

• it only has one output (no separate metronome for headphones), the pads are not velocity sensitive and chopping breaks from samples is screenless, the fx is basic, humanisation & quantise is limited i.e. why does the mpcLive now cost £900 2nd hand when last year it was only £400.

• it's not analogue warm & crazy - i'm looking at you pulsar-23 - qPAS - Heat - zenDelay
    • i sold my OP-1 for this - no regrets.
  • I still want one these

Unfortunately they only do paid in full ship from Europe.

I am a Sweetware payment plan type...LOL

They can use some supply chain optimization ...been around too long....name recognition but not really available at level it should be.

IMHO

• keep going back and forth over this one, there are some great features in there, but the FX put me back on the fence, still if the parameters were more flexible than global it might me hard to resist, the swing, scaling, etc.. kind of stuff needs to be per track... the workflow seems wonderful sometimes and sometimes convoluted like fruity loops or bm3... and then it's still probably the closest thing out there to a stand alone monome... I just dunnooo man

• The multi layered live looping thing keeps this thing on my need list. I just need an iPad mini 5 first (9.7 is nice but just too big for field recording) and then I can start saving for this one. Those boards of deluge presets are plentiful enough to make this an op1 killer for me personally.

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    The multi layered live looping thing keeps this thing on my need list. I just need an iPad mini 5 first (9.7 is nice but just too big for field recording) and then I can start saving for this one. Those boards of deluge presets are plentiful enough to make this an op1 killer for me personally.

what do you think about the workflow though, It doesn't seem a little convoluted sometimes?

• it looks like ill need a cheat sheet for the first 6 months of owning it for sure, but id be paring it with my 1010 Blackbox which is the easiest flowiest machine ive ever used. Im really interested in the looping workflow and it doesnt look too convoluted to me, but im comparing it to the Octa which totally was way too much for me workflow wise.

• yeah cuckoo made the looping look like butter, I hear they are backlogged but I don't know for how long

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    it looks like ill need a cheat sheet for the first 6 months of owning it for sure, but id be paring it with my 1010 Blackbox which is the easiest flowiest machine ive ever used. Im really interested in the looping workflow and it doesnt look too convoluted to me, but im comparing it to the Octa which totally was way too much for me workflow wise.

convoluted might not be the best word but it's the best I could come up with haha, I wonder if 90-95% of the weight of the Deluge could be lifted with a new simple standard informative screen

• edited September 2020

@Gaia.Tree said:
    shit well that preset pack just pushed me really far to the deluge side in my "deluge vs octatrack" battle. id be very surprised if i dont end up with a deluge soon. The fader and scenes on OT is the only thing keeping me from making that decision cold and hard

Ok so I lasted 7 months. Bought one this morning 😂
    EDIT: and they can’t ship to PO Boxes fml

• @Gaia.Tree said:

@Gaia.Tree said:
    shit well that preset pack just pushed me really far to the deluge side in my "deluge vs octatrack" battle. id be very surprised if i dont end up with a deluge soon. The fader and scenes on OT is the only thing keeping me from making that decision cold and hard

Have them ship it to me I have a normal mail box ;j

• @audiblevideo said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

Hehe I got it figured out and will be the proud owner of a deluge soon. Stoked to sample all of my lovely apps into it.

• edited December 2021

Bump!

The beta for firmware 4.0 is now available over at the Synthstrom Forum if you sign up for beta testing: https://forums.synthstrom.com/

It includes the long awaited wavetable synthesis (a bunch of wavetables are available to download on the forum to get you started), Euclidean sequencing, sequence direction changes, independent clip row lengths, MPE compatibility, improvements to preset management including folders, and more.

Check it out if you own a Deluge! There are quite a few bugs to squash but it's already great fun.

• I'm very tempted but I think I'll wait for the full release. I was lucky enough to get on the Loopy Pro Beta so I should concentrate my efforts here!

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    Bump!

The beta for firmware 4.0 is now available over at the Synthstrom Forum if you sign up for beta testing: https://forums.synthstrom.com/

It includes the long awaited wavetable synthesis (a bunch of wavetables are available to download on the forum to get you started), Euclidean sequencing, sequence direction changes, independent clip row lengths, MPE compatibility, improvements to preset management including folders, and more.

Check it out if you own a Deluge! There are quite a few bugs to squash but it's already great fun.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Bump!

Thanks for sharing this! 🙏 Wavetables are a v.kool addition! 😺🎛🚀

• @Gaia.Tree said:

@audiblevideo said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

Hehe I got it figured out and will be the proud owner of a deluge soon. Stoked to sample all of my lovely apps into it.

2021, one year later I got a Deluge. 2022 is going to be mastering it - fates willing.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Bump!

I sold mine a while ago. Did they allow you to edit kits now? (reorder, delete pads, etc). That was one of my main gripes when I was slicing a sample into a kit.

• The 4.0 firmware is out now!

https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/4548/4-0-0-firmware-out-now

We're very excited today to announce the arrival of our huge 4.0 software update.

Instructional videos and downloads links are at the bottom of this spiel.

Highlights include:

Wavetable synthesis, and improved single-cycle waveform playback.
    Support for MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE), and similarly MIDI polyphonic aftertouch. The Deluge can >receive MPE from external MIDI controllers that support it, it can record this data, and the internal >Deluge synths can respond to it. And this MPE data may also be output again to an external synth.
    Euclidean sequencing - per row of a clip on the Deluge. This also means that now individual rows within a >clip may be set to different lengths.
    Sequences can be set to play in reverse, or to ping-pong.
    Synths, kits and songs may be put into folders, and the user can browse these when saving and loading.
    MIDI input devices (and to a limited extent output devices) may be differentiated and treated separately, >so that two devices sending on the same MIDI channel won’t be confused.
    Improved handling of regular MIDI pitch bend and channel pressure. Adjustable MIDI pitch bend ranges.
    Sharing presets along with their audio files, with other Deluge users, is now easier.
    MPE SUPPORT
    This massive release makes the Deluge the first standalone hardware sequencer to offer comprehensive >MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression) support, allowing you to record, edit and transmit expressive MPE >with compatible devices. You can also use external MPE devices to get expressive with the Deluge’s >internal synth/sample engine. Tip: combine with the Deluge’s multisample support to bring expression to >everything!

EUCLIDEAN SEQUENCING & INDIVIDUAL ROW LENGTH
    Euclidean note entry brings an entire new method of beat and melody creation to the Deluge. Coupled >with the ability to now make any row within a kit, any length, this infinitely broadens the scope for new >rhythmic variations and ever-evolving melodies.

You can set the length of a row, dial in how many steps you would like to play on that row (automatically >divided ‘musically’), and then move those notes horizontally - this becomes not just a new way to make >innovative rhythms, but an incredibly versatile performance tool.

PLAY-DIRECTIONS
    If being able to set the length of a row wasn’t enough, you can now tell the Deluge what direction >(forward, reverse or ping-pong) to play-back those particular notes and not only that, you can have each >and every row playing a different direction. Warning: fun.

POLYPHONIC AFTERTOUCH, IMPROVED “MONO” EXPRESSION
    In bringing MPE to the Deluge, we at the same time introduced support for good ol’ MIDI polyphonic >aftertouch, plus you can now record both pitch bend and channel pressure (aka monophonic aftertouch) >into synth, MIDI and CV clips. And, this data now stays with the clip even when you change presets or >switch between clip type (e.g. from MIDI to synth etc.).

Previously, synth clips could only record pitch bend, not channel pressure, and CV clips couldn’t record >either.

ADJUSTABLE BEND RANGE
    The Deluge is no longer stuck with a 1-octave bend range. Now, there’s a global setting under DEFAults -> >BEND to set the default bend range. This should default to 12 semitones (1 octave) for all existing users, >it will default to the more normal 2 semitones for new users. Anyway, you can go ahead and change it.

WAVETABLE SYNTHESIS, AND IMPROVED SINGLE-CYCLE WAVEFORM PLAYBACK.
    How about an entirely new form of synthesis? The Deluge will now support Wavetable files, Ringmod on >the Deluge is also totally compatible with Wavetable, you may even put a separate wavetable in each of >the two oscillators, with each of their wavetable-positions affecting the resulting sound.

The Deluge has always supported the playback of single-cycle waveforms by loading them as samples. >But now, a technically superior option is for these to be played as a wavetable, as the wavetable engine >is more fit for this purpose: it is more CPU-efficient, and will produce higher quality sound with less >aliasing, particularly with high notes. It also allows the use of ringmod and oscillator sync. The wavetable->position parameter is not available when playing single-cycle waveforms, as there are not multiple cycles >to interpolate between.

PRESET & SONG FOLDERS
    Our users jumped for joy when we announced this new addition. You can now separate your 1 million >presets and songs into folders to make navigation easier!

DIFFERENTIATING MIDI INPUT DEVICES
    Now, the Deluge will differentiate between MIDI coming from different hosted USB devices, and MIDI >into the input DIN port, and from a connected computer which is hosting the Deluge.

Let’s say you have the Deluge hosting say a Keystep via USB (and that’s through a USB hub), and you’ve >actually learned all 16 channels from that Keystep to different synths on the Deluge. Well, then you could >connect another USB MIDI device to your hub, and learn those 16 MIDI channels to yet another 16 >synths on the Deluge. And whatever MIDI device is plugged into the Deluge’s DIN input will have its 16 >channels treated as independent yet again.

IMPROVED MODULATION MATRIX
    Lastly, we’ve also improved our modulation matrix! - The feature where the modulation-depth of a >source-param pair (or “patch cable”) can itself be modulated by another modulation source – well, >previously the Deluge could only handle doing this for one such patch-cable per synth. This limitation >has now been removed, and you can do it for as many patch-cables as you want, subject to other >existing limitations.

HAVE FUN!

• Insane update for this little box. Now they could work on an iOS app for it🙈
    It’s a great addition to the setup and saves a lot of CPU if you’re a heavy user.

• edited September 2022

Now has an Oled display. Old versions are upgradable!
    https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/4836/new-oled-display

• It is Done. Shipping Sept 16th :smiley:

• The unicorn has finally arrived: