Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Impc Pro 2 (bundle is live)

Comments

• @Retronyms said:

Also, as of right now, our bundle deal is still in review by Apple. I'm really hoping it comes through soon. Thanks for the patience!

I'm losing patience, and I'm sure others have already lost it. Maybe we are waiting on Apple, but how do we know this wasn't also poor planning on AKAI/Retronyms part? You couldn't get bundle approval prior to launch?

The marketing people at AKAI/Retronyms don't seem to know or appreciate their customers.

• @telecharge said:
    @Retronyms said:

Also, as of right now, our bundle deal is still in review by Apple. I'm really hoping it comes through soon. Thanks for the patience!

I'm losing patience, and I'm sure others have already lost it. Maybe we are waiting on Apple, but how do we know this wasn't also poor planning on AKAI/Retronyms part? You couldn't get bundle approval prior to launch?

The marketing people at AKAI/Retronyms don't seem to know or appreciate their customers.

After looking at some videos on iPad Musicians FB group the 'erase' feature seems to be broken?!
    (ie. hold down erase and hold a pad to erase).

I do hope it does NOT turn into a 'bug fest deluxe' when I finally complete my bundle...

@retronyms LG

As for 'transferring' sessions. iExplorer can not dig any deeper than iFunBox when running iOS version greater than iOS8.2(iOS8.3 'blocked' access to the installed app bundle folders as far as I know), that is unless the device is Jailbroken and in that case the Cydia iFiles could be used to transfer the sessions...

So the only sensible solution for transferring session without using iTunes would be to implement iOS ShareSheet(ZIP and 'Open In...') for pre iOS11 users and Files.app support for iOS11+(Make the 'Documents' folder visible to Files.app).

• @telecharge said:
    @Retronyms said:

Why does it matter who's to blame? We didn't even know this thing existed yesterday, and now we're losing patience! I'll be irritated if my appaholism is thwarted over the weekend, but with personal strength and the support of my family, I will survive.

• @stormywaterz said:

@Retronyms said:
    Oh! Really important note (and an exclusive first note for you guys): we've created an upgrade bundle for all existing customers. You'll be able to save a few bucks if you wait for this to be released tomorrow. Basically if you already own iMPC Pro, you can "complete your bundle" and get iMPC Pro 2 for a discounted price instead of the full standalone price of $24.99.

In other words, whatever you paid for iMPC Pro 1 is subtracted out of the bundle price. If you paid $13 for iMPC Pro 1, it's only $15 more for iMPC Pro 2. If you don't own either app, you can get them both in the bundle for $28, rather than paying $38 separately.

**The most important thing is that the bundle isn't approved by Apple yet, so you'll need to wait to buy until it's live.
    - Taylor

Since I jumped at the first purchase since I had no idea what was going on. Anyway to get a refund until this is live?

PLEASE tell me it has core midi and we can use a midi keyboard to play the audio unit instruments and can record midi, not just audio from the au tracks?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Why does it matter who's to blame? We didn't even know this thing existed yesterday, and now we're losing patience!

It leaked almost 2 days ago. Was that a marketing gimmick or mistake?

You may not care who is to blame, but I do. I want to know what kind of people I'm dealing with.

• @telecharge said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Why does it matter who's to blame? We didn't even know this thing existed yesterday, and now we're losing patience!

It leaked almost 2 days ago. Was that a marketing gimmick or mistake?

You may not care who is to blame, but I do. I want to know what kind of people I'm dealing with.

Deep breath, man.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Deep breath, man.

Please don't condescend to me.

• ‘Once bitten’ as the sayings goes....I will be watching from the sidelines

• Yeah I'm not jumping in this time, I'll come back in February and see how this app is progressing.
    Also nanostudio 2 is due soon and I've nearly filled my 5 app a year quota

• @telecharge said:
    @Retronyms said:

I’m frustrated too and ready to purchase this soon as I can but I hold more trust in the devs. I’m quite sure Apple are not easy to deal with as we often see app launches with IAP’s and bundles following later. In the meantime feel free to digest the following because this doesn’t look an easy process...

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/CoreFoundation/Conceptual/CFBundles/BundleTypes/BundleTypes.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/10000123i-CH101-SW1

• edited December 2017

@telecharge said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Deep breath, man.

Please don't condescend to me.

Wasn't my intention.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Wasn't my intention.

Cool. :+1:

• @DaveMagoo said:
    ‘Once bitten’ as the sayings goes....I will be watching from the sidelines

The sad thing is that it is a pattern. See Retronyms past marketing blitzes and botched roll-outs.

@mireko_2 said:
    Yeah I'm not jumping in this time, I'll come back in February and see how this app is progressing.

That was my attitude about BM3, and it seems my money would be better spent with Intua. I'm not saying iMPC Pro 2 won't be good, but I like what I've been hearing from BM3 users, and Intua seems to be putting in work.

• Just recorded a audio sample and you can’t edit properly. I really wonder if they do this on purpose? Send to AudioCopy then have to send it back. Why not do the homework and get it right before they sell it. Make a great app please. Spend the money and go all in if it’s there goal of being a great app.

A smart company would of found some people to really test there app before it hits market and would also listen to previous customers instead of making same product and shining it up a little bit.

• This kind of reminds me of the initial rollout of the Akai MPC Live and MPC X a few months ago. There were delays, problems with pre-orders, problems with vendors, problems with pricing disparities. The Live was going for about $1,200 US while the X was going for about $2,000 US. I find it a bit ironic and amusing that we are getting worked up over spending $15 for an app. that brings much of the functionality of those 2 Akai units. We often forget how good we have it.

• @stormywaterz said:
    Just recorded a audio sample and you can’t edit properly. I really wonder if they do this on purpose? Send to AudioCopy then have to send it back.

Care to share what kind of issues you've bumped in to?
    (The editor in iMPC Pro worked quite well for the most part).

• @Dham said:
    This kind of reminds me of the initial rollout of the Akai MPC Live and MPC X a few months ago. There were delays, problems with pre-orders, problems with vendors, problems with pricing disparities. The Live was going for about $1,200 US while the X was going for about $2,000 US. I find it a bit ironic and amusing that we are getting worked up over spending $15 for an app. that brings much of the functionality of those 2 Akai units. We often forget how good we have it.

First world problems, for sure. :smiley:

I'm not worked up, just somewhat annoyed/irritated. My takeaway from your post is that AKAI needs to get it together.

But if we're really being honest with ourselves here, most of the people participating in this thread already have apps that can do everything iMPC Pro 2 can do. We're just hoping it does it in a more efficient or pleasing way.

• @JohnnyGoodyear With your app library, I could have the patience of Job.

• @telecharge said:

But if we're really being honest with ourselves here, most of the people participating in this thread already have apps that can do everything iMPC Pro 2 can do. We're just hoping it does it in a more efficient or pleasing way.

That's true, only 'feature' I'm missing on iOS is 'Spotify Sampling' and if iMPC Pro 2 'nails' that I'll be happy :)

• @Samu said:
    That's true, only 'feature' I'm missing on iOS is 'Spotify Sampling' and if iMPC Pro 2 'nails' that I'll be happy :)

I love to learn more about how to use it legally, if you know anything.

• @telecharge said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear With your app library, I could have the patience of Job.

I bought it, of course :)

Went out for lunch at a lovely place down the street (Odd Duck, Don't Chai This at Home) and was feeling enormous but still intended to slide some cakes down my throat and saw a little chocolate piece that was only 9 bucks and at that point recognized fate for what she is and passed on the cake, but pressed the buy button instead...

• To me this looks like a simpler alternative to BM3, which is way too sophisticated for my needs. BM3 has got so much going on it distracts me from the process of actually creating music. As a technological achievement, BM3 is like Concorde. But to do get where I want to go I just need a VW Golf. I just hope iMPC Pro 2 is as solid and hassle-free as the VW.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@telecharge said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear With your app library, I could have the patience of Job.

I bought it, of course :)

Went out for lunch at a lovely place down the street (Odd Duck, Don't Chai This at Home) and was feeling enormous but still intended to slide some cakes down my throat and saw a little chocolate piece that was only 9 bucks and at that point recognized fate for what she is and passed on the cake, but pressed the buy button instead...

Thank you for those words of comfort. :smiley:

• @Beathoven Have you tried iSpark, BeatHawk, or similar apps?

• @telecharge said:
    @Beathoven Have you tried iSpark, BeatHawk, or similar apps?

These don’t have audio tracks though so if that’s important to you.

• @Dham said:
    This kind of reminds me of the initial rollout of the Akai MPC Live and MPC X a few months ago. There were delays, problems with pre-orders, problems with vendors, problems with pricing disparities. The Live was going for about $1,200 US while the X was going for about $2,000 US. I find it a bit ironic and amusing that we are getting worked up over spending $15 for an app. that brings much of the functionality of those 2 Akai units. We often forget how good we have it.

my mpc live has worked swimmingly, not one crash. only issue I had was it didn't like my no brand sd card so I changed io sandisk and it hasn't skipped a beat.
    the digitakt on the other hand has given me a headache or two and crashed, but to be fair I don't know what I did to cause the crashes and its still a definite keeper. I was afraid cause I got rid of my circuit to fund the digitakt but I found that the digitakt is what I was hoping the circuit would more or less be

as far as the impc pro 2 goes haven't pulled the trigger, has everyone confirmed that there is an 'delete' bug????

for the most part from the videos I've seen they smashed they hit the workflow out the park, and they even kept the pseudo snapshot mixing feature, where each pattern has it's own independent mixer/automation settings... this + the fact that you can now sequence patterns of 1 bar, and import patterns into the mpc live via the desktop software got me chomppin` at the bits to get in...... but I shall wait ...

• Since I'm on a roll... 2 days, 200+ comments, 10,000+ views, and we're up to 3 verified purchases?

• @kobamoto said:

as far as the impc pro 2 goes haven't pulled the trigger, has everyone confirmed that there is an 'delete' bug????

I'm sure there are bugs, but what do you mean by the 'delete' bug?

If you're referring to deleting imported/sampled samples etc, that seems to work fine. Feel free to ask any questions, but keep them simple and speak slowly :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@kobamoto said:

I'm sure there are bugs, but what do you mean by the 'delete' bug?

If you're referring to deleting imported/sampled samples etc, that seems to work fine.** Feel free to ask any questions, but keep them simple and speak slowly** :)

Ok... How is the Export feature... Midi/Audio, etc? Does it Export 'Song' Structure (Separate Patterns/tracks)?