Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps that i would gladly pay 50 €/$/ for:

12346»

Comments

• ‘Bout Gadget and AUs: how long did it take to propellerhead to open up reason?
    Unfortunately for korg many of their(wonderful)iOS synths are anyway available outside their garden, cannibalizing the "if you don’t get gadget you don’t get those treats"

• @Cib said:

@iOSounddesign said:

@Cib said:

@iOSounddesign said:
    @Cib P900 is nice, but unfortunately the interface is too small for my screen. The u-he synths look far better on my 40" 4k desktop monitor, and if i use a virtual modular it better uses every inch of my screen...

For me it´s fine on my Macbook Pro retina 15" and i use the large window. There are 4 sizes to choose. So XXL is still too small?
    Also zooming works smooth.
    It´s a one man show too i think and there is also only a mac version yet.
    I love it really. It can create some awesome sounds. Nothing better yet for gnarly bass and brass (beside Repro maybe). The plate reverb is fantastic. I wish an iOS synth has such a great reverb.
    But yeah, U-he is still king when it comes to GUI and most other things synths related.

It should be an easy fix for the dev though...maybe i'll let him now. It is a great synth no doubt about it, and kinda funny that's exactly the same modules as the Moog model 15...with metal graphics as well.

Anyway, P900 is nice but Model 15 is more than adequate, no need for another model 15 on iOS.

That don´t let me sleep :D
    While they share similar things they sound still so different.
    I created the same patches in P900 and Model 15 and they don´t sound quite the same really.
    But i would even replace Model 15 with P900 (sorry). At the end both has pro and contra.
    Model 15 is really superb and the MPE is the magic in there but P900 has is a bit more.....funky. :)
    I can´t describe it but prefer to speak with you-tube and sound demos:
    This is only P900. Not very musical mostly but i just love the character of this thing. Some custom made patches and no extern FX.
    Like there are tons of subtractive synths i see benefits from having several (even very similar) synths:

Nice demo of the P900, i have to take your word for it, since i don't have the comparison. You obviously know your way around this synth, so it's understandable that you would want to have this same thing on the iPad. Btw. Audulus is doing a Black Friday sale, and i'm so gonna get into that one!

• @mschenkel.it said:
    ‘Bout Gadget and AUs: how long did it take to propellerhead to open up reason?
    Unfortunately for korg many of their(wonderful)iOS synths are anyway available outside their garden, cannibalizing the "if you don’t get gadget you don’t get those treats"

Great points! Korgs whole strategy seems kinda flawed, but the App itself is just a good user experience. Very interested in where this goes...

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@AnimalHeadSpirit said:
    I’d like to see more advanced modular synths.

Have you checked out Audulus?

Yeah, it’s a beautiful thing.. I think iOSounddesign has it pinned, in that it’s often overlooked in favor of the modulars with all the skeumorphic eye candy.

I’m currently learning modular via Model 15 and iVCS3. Planning to spend more time in Audulus 3 soon though, as its been sitting on my ipad for a couple months now. I want to master the basics before I try to wrap my head around the endless complexity it offers.

• Other platforms to catch up to apple on the music production front so I never have to listen to a genius bar employee tell me that the reason my phone or iPad suddenly stopped functioning after an update is because I am “Using it wrong”

• @Bkrafty said:
    Other platforms to catch up to apple on the music production front so I never have to listen to a genius bar employee tell me that the reason my phone or iPad suddenly stopped functioning after an update is because I am “Using it wrong”

Which platforms would that be? I don't see anything coming up on the horizon...

• @AnimalHeadSpirit said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@AnimalHeadSpirit said:
    I’d like to see more advanced modular synths.

Have you checked out Audulus?

Yeah, it’s a beautiful thing.. I think iOSounddesign has it pinned, in that it’s often overlooked in favor of the modulars with all the skeumorphic eye candy.

I’m currently learning modular via Model 15 and iVCS3. Planning to spend more time in Audulus 3 soon though, as its been sitting on my ipad for a couple months now. I want to master the basics before I try to wrap my head around the endless complexity it offers.

The matrix of the iVCS3 translates great to the touchscreen though, but you have to get your head around this beast first. The AUv3 implementation is kinda weird though...i could never make any use of it...

• I would gladly pay $50 for a decent graphic pitch correction tool. Waves Tune costs $70 for the Mac, so it's not that impossible a dream.

• edited November 2017

I’d gladly pay $50+ Each for an AU version of Korg’s iPoly/Mono and Odessy. Also would pay lots to have an AU version of Syntronik. I don’t understand why developers decided to block off their app for use inside of other apps. I feel like implementing AU support would bring more users... shrugs

• @YZJustDatGuy said:
    I’d gladly pay $50+ Each for an AU version of Korg’s iPoly/Mono and Odessy. Also would pay lots to have an AU version of Syntronik. I don’t understand why developers decided to block off their app for use inside of other apps. I feel like implementing AU support would bring more users... shrugs

Apparently Syntronik is planned (fingers crossed)

• @realdavidai said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

Apparently Syntronik is planned (fingers crossed)

I better get my money ready then lol

• @theconnactic said:
    I would gladly pay $50 for a decent graphic pitch correction tool. Waves Tune costs $70 for the Mac, so it's not that impossible a dream.

+1

• edited November 2017

LA-2A
    Pultec EQP-1A
    Pulten MEQ-5 Mid-Range Equalizer

Had 2 UAD cards in my old and now broken PC, I loved these 3 plugins, especially the EQs. Incredible for vocals.
    Versions of the Pultec EQP-1A are offered by several companies, for example IK Multimedia. I wonder if they are as good as the UAD ones.

So here's what I really want to see:
    iOS compatibility for "Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII Quad". AU for iOS brought us 1 step closer to this dream.
    Now there's only another 97 steps missing :-)

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    An app that would prevent iOS update reminders.

This.

@theconnactic said:
    I would gladly pay $50 for a decent graphic pitch correction tool. Waves Tune costs $70 for the Mac, so it's not that impossible a dream.

This!

@db909 said:
    IKaossilator with 8 tracks of Groovebox type synths plus sampler and Figure style fx automation or Kaoss pad style automation. I'd pay over 100 dollars for this actually. Shame no one has stepped up to the plate

DEFINITELY THIS!

Aaaaaand...a resurrected Alchemy synth because apparently I'll never get over that. ;)

• Korg gadgets as AU (yes, I'd pay 50 again for it)
    Pianoteq - we have a lot of great pianos, but this one would slay them all
    Josh Bell violin embertone
    melodyne for vocals

• I kind of think that running Korg stuff inside of Gadget already functions as a proprietary form of AU. I don't have the add-on stuff (Wavestation, etc.) but don't those allow multiple instances like the regular gadgets already?

• @CracklePot They do indeed, only limit is device power and you can't save patches in some add on gadgets that are available as a separate app (I think)

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    @CracklePot They do indeed, only limit is device power and you can't save patches in some add on gadgets that are available as a separate app (I think)

Biggest issue for me is no real patch editing in im1 Gadget, and crucial limitations in the the iWavestation gadget. The beautiful full screen interfaces of the standalone apps, would be incredible as an AUv3. Someone mentioned iOdyssei, and is absolutely right. Can compete with Zeeon, and has a unique character.

Lets hope they go for it, would be a a true shame if these great synths fade into obscurity in the next years because they won't go Auv3...