Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps that i would gladly pay 50 €/$/ for:

Comments

• Samplr. It's that good to me.

• a REAL version of IMaschine, unlimited or how ever tracks an IOS device can handle, a real timeline, and a better mixer that also lets you use audio unit instruments and effects, Core Midi, a real sampler, just a real version of IMaschine. It would really be crazy if you could use an MK3 with it. I dont want it as much as I did before Beatmaker 3 came out, but I'd still pay $50 for it. It would be evern sweeter if Native instruments had IOS version of some of their plugins as in app purchases, like Kontakt, Massive and maybe even FM8. Not neccasarily full Kontakt libraries just yet, possibly scaled down versions like they're doing with IMaschine expansion packs for now and more built in effect plugins, some of the stuff they're doing with softube is nuts, in fact, I wish softube would just make IOS plugins as well.

• @MonzoPro said:
    iReaktor

That would be some next level stuff. Awesome! 50€ would be a bargain as well...

• edited November 2017

iSynplant would be nice on a touchscreen!

https://soniccharge.com/synplant

• @Strizbiz said:
    a REAL version of IMaschine, unlimited or how ever tracks an IOS device can handle, a real timeline, and a better mixer that also lets you use audio unit instruments and effects, Core Midi, a real sampler, just a real version of IMaschine. It would really be crazy if you could use an MK3 with it. I dont want it as much as I did before Beatmaker 3 came out, but I'd still pay $50 for it.

I'm a BM3 believer, interesting you'd be willing to pay 50 bucks for a "real" machine with BM3 here. I think it would take ANY company a lot of work to compete with BM3 on iOS right now...

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

Lol, WTF what were they smoking? Should absolutely be on a touchscreen and on iOS. Amazing! Charge 50 bucks if you have to but give it to us!!

• Currently it stands like this:

• Auria Pro.
    • Most apps that @brice creates presets for.

As we can all see there, the ideal would be if Brice created presets for Twin2 as well, that would be a wet dream in iOS music land for sure. :D

• @iOSounddesign said:

@Strizbiz said:
    a REAL version of IMaschine, unlimited or how ever tracks an IOS device can handle, a real timeline, and a better mixer that also lets you use audio unit instruments and effects, Core Midi, a real sampler, just a real version of IMaschine. It would really be crazy if you could use an MK3 with it. I dont want it as much as I did before Beatmaker 3 came out, but I'd still pay $50 for it.

I'm a BM3 believer, interesting you'd be willing to pay 50 bucks for a "real" machine with BM3 here. I think it would take ANY company a lot of work to compete with BM3 on iOS right now...

yup, sure would, all day long. I also use the desktop version of Maschine and IMaschine exports to Maschine flawlessly, it only has four tracks. I love BM3 but that wouldn't stop be from buying a better IOS version of Maschine.

• @hellquist said:
    Currently it stands like this:

• Auria Pro.

As we can all see there, the ideal would be if Brice created presets for Twin2 as well, that would be a wet dream in iOS music land for sure. :D

Aren't both already available? So you're saying you'd pay 50 bucks for presets?

@Strizbiz said:

@iOSounddesign said:

@Strizbiz said:

yup, sure would, all day long. I also use the desktop version of Maschine and IMaschine exports to Maschine flawlessly, it only has four tracks. I love BM3 but that wouldn't stop be from buying a better IOS version of Maschine.

Ah makes sense of course with the exporting, didn't think of that.

• @iOSounddesign said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Lol, WTF what were they smoking? Should absolutely be on a touchscreen and on iOS. Amazing! Charge 50 bucks if you have to but give it to us!!

The sound design possibilities are incredible, planting seeds is a great concept and as far as I know there is nothing else quite like this in iOS appland?

• edited November 2017

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@iOSounddesign said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

The sound design possibilities are incredible, planting seeds is a great concept and as far as I know there is nothing else quite like this in iOS appland?

It's a brilliant concept! But it has to be on a touchscreen for sure....Who comes up with stuff like this? I suspect some LSD microdosing at work lol

• @iOSounddesign said:

@hellquist said:

• Auria Pro.

On a): yes. I answered the question from a "if you had nothing, but know what you know today and had to start over, where would you place your $50/app money". The question didn't specify "doesn't exist today" or any other rule. :)

On b): well, yeah. Given how much I am currently using said presets (by @brice) in various apps (mainly LayR and Zeeon) and given how important they are to my current project, spending $50 on those apps instead of the 100's (literally) I've spent on others apps that I barely use, would be cheap in comparison. I would probably find $50 a tad expensive for "any presets by anyone", but if someone like Brice created a decent demo of what a preset pack would contain, and it would be comprehensive enough (things I could build on, like in LayR), I'd happily pay $50 for quality presets by someone like Brice with that much sense of detail creating presets.

• @hellquist said:

@iOSounddesign said:

@hellquist said:

• Auria Pro.

On a): yes. I answered the question from a "if you had nothing, but know what you know today and had to start over, where would you place your $50/app money". The question didn't specify "doesn't exist today" or any other rule. :)

On b): well, yeah. Given how much I am currently using said presets (by @brice) in various apps (mainly LayR and Zeeon) and given how important they are to my current project, spending $50 on those apps instead of the 100's (literally) I've spent on others apps that I barely use, would be cheap in comparison. I would probably find $50 a tad expensive for "any presets by anyone", but if someone like Brice created a decent demo of what a preset pack would contain, and it would be comprehensive enough (things I could build on, like in LayR), I'd happily pay $50 for quality presets by someone like Brice with that much sense of detail creating presets.

Well, technically you're correct, the question didn't state that. It is intended for software/apps that don't exist yet on iOS, what people want and are willing to pay good money for. Interesting perspective on what you're willing to pay for presets!

• My favorite Reverb and Delay:
    B2, Replika XT.

• Id like to see NI Massive but Im not sure I would pay $50, 20 maybe. I also agree I would seriously consider $50 for any fabfilters if they went AU, esp timeless, proQ and Twin2.

• @Cib said:
    My favorite Reverb and Delay:
    B2, Replika XT.

we need more Highend 'verbs that's for sure. EOS2 is good though, so situation isn't as dire as it was.

@Richtowns said:
    Id like to see NI Massive but Im not sure I would pay $50, 20 maybe. I also agree I would seriously consider $50 for any fabfilters if they went AU, esp timeless, proQ and Twin2.

I really don't get their business model with Auria, why aren't they on Auv3 yet in your opinion?

• @iOSounddesign said:

@Cib said:
    My favorite Reverb and Delay:
    B2, Replika XT.

we need more Highend 'verbs that's for sure. EOS2 is good though, so situation isn't as dire as it was.

@Richtowns said:
    Id like to see NI Massive but Im not sure I would pay $50, 20 maybe. I also agree I would seriously consider $50 for any fabfilters if they went AU, esp timeless, proQ and Twin2.

I really don't get their business model with Auria, why aren't they on Auv3 yet in your opinion?

EOS is not bad indeed. But B2 is really another level.
    But also the price is on another level :)

• edited November 2017

Sycophantik.
    An app that always replies:
    Great choice!
    How did you ever think of that?
    Exactly what that needed!
    I don't know how you always get it exactly right!
    What the fuck do those dull idiots know about anything?

• For GarageBand Pro

• @iOSounddesign said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@iOSounddesign said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

It's a brilliant concept! But it has to be on a touchscreen for sure....Who comes up with stuff like this? I suspect some LSD microdosing at work lol

Sonic Charge is a one-man show based in Sweden. He recently worked with Teenage Engineering on the PO-32 tonic, which is based on his Microtonic drum synth plugin. All his plugins are amazing, 40-50 bucks for iOS versions wouldn't be too much to ask for imo

• @teleb said:
    For GarageBand Pro

you think it wouldn't be called Logic? That could be a gamechanger for the platform with a lot of name recognition...

• I think the reason that de iPad is such a success with musicians is that the apps are not that expensive. Changing that is not a wise thing I think.

• An app replication of the Digitakt. Just the 8 tracks of audio is fine; don’t need the midi sequencer.

• Soundtoys inside gadget

• If the ipad prices were the same as computer, then the only advantage of ipad is the touchscreen. Which is now coming on your laptop. So why get an ipad unless you really need geoshred or TC11?

• @bert said:
    I think the reason that de iPad is such a success with musicians is that the apps are not that expensive. Changing that is not a wise thing I think.

It's the touchscreen on a mobile, relatively hassle free platform. The low prices have also led to serious appaholism, and not always improved the quality. And who would "change" the prices? The rules of the market apply here. People will only pay 50€ if they think it's worth it, which is exactly the topic of the thread. A rising tide raises all ships.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    If the ipad prices were the same as computer, then the only advantage of ipad is the touchscreen. Which is now coming on your laptop. So why get an ipad unless you really need geoshred or TC11?

But is it still a laptop, if it has a touchscreen? Isn't it a hybrid? 2-in1? Will MacBooks come with a touchscreen? Also, it was never the point to have the same prices, just the question what you will be willing to pay 50 bucks for. If your answer is "nothing" than it is a perfectly fine answer.

• @bert said:
    I think the reason that de iPad is such a success with musicians is that the apps are not that expensive. Changing that is not a wise thing I think.

Btw you realize, that the desktop is riddled with amazing FREE vsts? Just food for thought. Just check out http://tytel.org/helm/ and think of it the next time you pay for an app :D