Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Odessa (LIVE - IT FINALLY HAPPENED!)

Comments

• @RUST( i )K said:

@brambos said:
    Out of courtesy to our good friend Matt @nanostudio I'm changing my projectname to Odessa. Although I wasn't aware of it, Matt had chosen the Obsidian name a long time ago already.

I think the proper snarky thing to do would be to call the app:

Nano Maker

or

Kopy Kat

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS APP!

I normally don't pre release gush but I have soiled myself after the demo I just saw.

to me, Odessa seems like a much more appropriate name, especially if you are a history or film fan/scholar.
    and yes, this seems like a 'no brainer' day one purchase.. if you've made the leap to ios 11 that is...

• @MonzoPro

I’m hoping AU midi workings are taken on by all IOS DAWs and that may lead to lots of drum synths and drum sample sets being released.

Image buying the AU midi drum front end that works for you - this could be one similar to Patterning or Elastic Drums or SeekBeats or Different Drummer, then just point it at the sound making or playing AU you want!

• Templates for Drum Perfect Pro and Different Drummer would be amazing.

• @gusgranite said:
    Templates for Drum Perfect Pro and Different Drummer would be amazing.

If you can give me the MIDI note numbers I'll include them in the templates.

Also, if someone has the MIDI note number for DM1 and/or DM2, that would help since I don't have those either.

• edited November 2017

@brambos said:

@gusgranite said:

Also, if someone has the MIDI note number for DM1 and/or DM2, that would help since I don't have those either.

DPP uses the General Midi Mapping :)
    Is Different Drummer able to accept MIDI In ? looks like MIDI Out only from the app website.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@brambos said:

@gusgranite said:

Right... all of it? Because that's a few dozen keys, and Odessa, drum editors have up to 8 channels each, loosely named BD, SD, CP, LT, MT, HT, CH, OH (which of course doesn't mean you're limited to those instruments only).

:)

• Personally I wouldn’t bother with DPP. Why? Well DPPs unique selling point is it’s own interface for tweaking hits IMO. Just sending midi hits to it seems a lot of work for no real gain over sending it to other sound sources. Just my opinion :)

• DM1/2 default mapping’s:
    Kick 36
    Snare 38
    Hh 42
    Oh 46
    Clap 39
    Rimshot 37
    Cowbell 56
    Tom 43
    Cymbal 49

• edited November 2017

@brambos said:

@MonzoPro said:

@brambos said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Will it be a single purchase, with all 6 plugins in the suite, or individual IAP's?

Single purchase. You'll get them all and any upcoming additions in the near future. I'm not saying there will never be an IAP, but the first few updates will certainly be free.

Lovely. Will it be universal? (apologies if you’ve already answered, but it’s a long thread)

Will the rhythm app have built in sounds, or does it just trigger other apps? If so, what drum apps work with it (aside from your own).

Universal, yes. But not recommended on a 5S/SE as things get pretty small. Works in a pinch, but it's not fun.

There are no sounds in any of the plugins. Any drum app or external hardware drum machine that responds to MIDI should work (oddly Patterning doesn't). I have already included the key mappings for the most used drum apps and hardware boxes so it's pretty easy to set up.

Ah ok thanks. Shame about Patterning, but very excited about the rest. Is it possible to trigger the drums in iMaschine via your new thing?

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @MonzoPro

Here’s some pics of the templates provided for Rhythm:

Thank you! How's it working with those? I've tried to get MIDI working with ElasticDrums before with no success - to be able to trigger the ED instruments would be a huge thing. Is Axon working? iElectribe? Didn't think it was possible to trigger that one.

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @MonzoPro

I’m hoping AU midi workings are taken on by all IOS DAWs and that may lead to lots of drum synths and drum sample sets being released.

That would be superb, particularly if someone released a 'container' app, that we could add our own samples too. I've got more drum samples than any sane man could ever need.

• edited November 2017

@brambos said:

@gusgranite said:

Both manuals reference MIDI learn but do not list notes. Can anyone help with this?

DPP - http://www.drumperfect.nl/drumperfect_manual_v2_2.pdf pg. 21 (cc @Marinus)
    DD - http://www.technemedia.com/drummer/DD_Guide.pdf pg. 24

[Edit: just seen the other responses]

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Personally I wouldn’t bother with DPP. Why? Well DPPs unique selling point is it’s own interface for tweaking hits IMO. Just sending midi hits to it seems a lot of work for no real gain over sending it to other sound sources. Just my opinion :)

I was thinking it would allow you to get new patterns into DPP and then tweak the hits from there?

• @MonzoPro said:
    Thank you! How's it working with those? I've tried to get MIDI working with ElasticDrums before with no success - to be able to trigger the ED instruments would be a huge thing. Is Axon working? iElectribe? Didn't think it was possible to trigger that one.

I’ve not tried Elastic Drums as yet. Will try it now, but I am using a test flight version of ED, so not sure if that will really show how it might affect yourself using it.

• @gusgranite said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Personally I wouldn’t bother with DPP. Why? Well DPPs unique selling point is it’s own interface for tweaking hits IMO. Just sending midi hits to it seems a lot of work for no real gain over sending it to other sound sources. Just my opinion :)

I was thinking it would allow you to get new patterns into DPP and then tweak the hits from there?

Yes, that would be a good idea.

• Speaking of Patterning, could Odessa include a ‘Patterning’ inspired circular sequencer? I would love something like that in AU form

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

I’ve not tried Elastic Drums as yet. Will try it now, but I am using a test flight version of ED, so not sure if that will really show how it might affect yourself using it.

Current version seems pretty stable - I was having issues with the last one 'dropping out' in AUM sessions, but seems pretty solid now (iOS10x).

• @MonzoPro said:

Elastic Drums should be working, I've tried it. But its MIDI setup is a bit peculiar. I can post a how-to later on. Please remind me.

Axon works pretty well as it's also an AU.

I haven't tried iElectribe as I don't have it, but I've found key mappings in the manual so I just used those.

• @brambos said:

@MonzoPro said:

Elastic Drums should be working, I've tried it. But its MIDI setup is a bit peculiar. I can post a how-to later on. Please remind me.

I haven't tried iElectribe as I don't have it, but I've found key mappings in the manual so I just used those.

Great stuff, I can give you feedback on iElectribe after release if no-one else testing has it.

• I simply cannot wait for this app. Out of curiosity what to the 1-8 numbers in the upper left correspond to it the UI.

• @echoopera said:
    I simply cannot wait for this app. Out of curiosity what to the 1-8 numbers in the upper left correspond to it the UI.

The 8 patterns/variations in every sequence. These patterns can be switched manually or automatically using follow actions (if you keep the sequencer running).

• iSpark would be great too but again I don’t see reference to MIDI notes.
    http://downloads.arturia.com/products/ispark/manual/iSpark_Manual_1_0_0_EN.pdf

• @brambos said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@brambos said:

@gusgranite said:

Right... all of it? Because that's a few dozen keys, and Odessa, drum editors have up to 8 channels each, loosely named BD, SD, CP, LT, MT, HT, CH, OH (which of course doesn't mean you're limited to those instruments only).

:)

I don't currently have DPP installed so cannot check how many tracks it has (16 from memory) but it does has 32 pads available for live playing....

You could have an additional GM Map that gives the normal GM mappings for cymbals, rimshot, maracas etc...

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@gusgranite said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Why should anyone do that? To me it’s the lot of work for no gain.
    More probably it is because someone want to use it as a round robin, velocity layered sampler. But still I don’t find it to be a very clever way to use such piece of software

• @mschenkel.it said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@gusgranite said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

More probably it is because someone want to use it as a round robin, velocity layered sampler. But still I don’t find it to be a very clever way to use such piece of software

I'm sure I'm being a daftee and ignoring the finer nuances of DPP but wouldn't it just be the equivalent of just tapping in a pattern on the grid to see how it sounds and working with a new rhythm that way? Anyway, no biggie.

Bring on Odessa!!

• edited November 2017

@gusgranite said:

@mschenkel.it said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@gusgranite said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I'm sure I'm being a daftee and ignoring the finer nuances of DPP but wouldn't it just be the equivalent of just tapping in a pattern on the grid to see how it sounds and working with a new rhythm that way? Anyway, no biggie.

Bring on Odessa!!

Thats how I see it too...use it to get the basic pattern going, you have the randomise functions etc... then record the MIDI into DPP (or import) and start fine tuning and adding the DPP L/R hand and humanise etc from there.

• missed the beta so i will ask here:

do these sequencers support the approximate euclidian algorithm, with the eveness parameter?

• @brambos said:

@MonzoPro said:

@MonzoPro -- Can confirm Elastic Drums works in Odessa--I was struggling and @brambos was kind enough to send screenshots of the proper routing. I will say it's pretty awesome.

• @hightunnels said:

@brambos said:

@MonzoPro said:

@MonzoPro -- Can confirm Elastic Drums works in Odessa--I was struggling and @brambos was kind enough to send screenshots of the proper routing. I will say it's pretty awesome.

Ooh nice, thanks for the confirmation :)

• My mini2....
    It should be ok with this and ios11.1.1?
    Experience?

• Interesting thought occurred to me. Most product rollouts are controlled to the hour. Same with big record releases and movie premieres.

So with this HIGHLY anticipated app suite — honestly, this is exactly all I've ever wanted: a way to control the creative quicksilver of AUM — is it really up to Apple to decide when it goes live? You go through the approval process, which takes hours, days, what? And then you get the word? Sounds unnervingly like jury duty. Or childbirth.

tl;dr: when?? :)

• @Redo1 said:
    My mini2....
    It should be ok with this and ios11.1.1?
    Experience?

Working fine for me on Mini 2, it does depend on which AU's you send your midi to though...Model 15 is a real push with 'heavy' cpu patches (this was true with iOS10 as well though)....poison 202 or the other bram apps (trouble, phase, ripple and the ruis' makers) are all fine though :)