Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Odessa (LIVE - IT FINALLY HAPPENED!)

Comments

• is it done yet?
    how about now? now??

• edited November 2017

@brambos please don't leave me out :(
    Mesa wanna help too :cry:

• I think separating the sound module from the midi trigger interface is the future!

• @brambos

Consider adding a keyboard that can send different CCs depending on whereabouts the key is struck (for initial and after touch). Some onscreen keyboards are helpful for playing on a touch screen and some are not.

I ask, because I use the onscreen keyboard a great deal while on the move. An AU keyboard in the vain (or even more comprehensive than) of Animoog would be very useful. Also different keyboard setups Such as those found in Seline Redux Pro.

I personally would pay for a good keyboard AU app selection.

• @Fruitbat1919 there are some delicious things in here. While there isn’t exactly what you’re asking for there are some things that you will definitely like :)

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    @Fruitbat1919 there are some delicious things in here. While there isn’t exactly what you’re asking for there are some things that you will definitely like :)

I am testing it too ;)

• Oh man, I'm all over this when it releases.

• If you need more, I’m in!

• I cannot wait to try this puppy out. B)

• Just a quick question - Will this be Universal?

I've been offshoring my MIDI to a second device and relying on Bluetooth MIDI a lot lately.

• @noisefan said:
    Just a quick question - Will this be Universal?

I've been offshoring my MIDI to a second device and relying on Bluetooth MIDI a lot lately.

Yes, it will be universal. But the iPhone SE/5S screen is not optimal. It works, it’s usable, but I recommend using at least a ‘normal’ 4.7” screen for a pleasant experience, since you’ll be opening and dragging around AUM windows all the time :)

• Fantastic! My iPhone 6 will be pleased to know it can still come to the party and provide a pleasant experience.

• Would love to help test as well..darn!

• So just wondering while I am waiting to try this app...

Is this app going to work primarily in AUM, or is it fine to use it in Cubasis or Audiobus MIDI? Also, can you route to things outside of the Host app, like if you had it hosted in AUM but had Gadget running on it's own not routed through AUM? How about sending the MIDI to a MIDI track in Cubasis and recording the MIDI data? Could you even use it to record patterns into something like Infinite Looper?

• @CracklePot said:
    So just wondering while I am waiting to try this app...

Is this app going to work primarily in AUM, or is it fine to use it in Cubasis or Audiobus MIDI? Also, can you route to things outside of the Host app, like if you had it hosted in AUM but had Gadget running on it's own not routed through AUM? How about sending the MIDI to a MIDI track in Cubasis and recording the MIDI data? Could you even use it to record patterns into something like Infinite Looper?

Right now, AUM is the only AU host that supports this feature, but there’s nothing stopping other hosts from implementing it too. It’s a standard iOS11 AU feature. I expect at least Cubasis and BM3 to also do it at some point. And it would be a useful thing in the Audiobus3 Midi Section as well.

It generates standard MIDI data, so through AUM you can route it to wherever you like: other AUs, standalone apps, external hardware. You can have multiple sequencer, LFO and controller plugins all go into the same destination if you want. It’s MIDI, so it’s lightweight and universal. Yes, it can be recorded in other apps if they can record MIDI.

You can have something like chordflow send MIDI into the Odessa arpeggiator and send the outgoing arpeggio into Gadget or Cubasis. Basically: anything that can send or receive MIDI can interact with Odessa. And because AUM syncs nicely with Link, every Odessa plugin automatically syncs too.

• @brambos said:

@CracklePot said:
    So just wondering while I am waiting to try this app...

Right now, AUM is the only AU host that supports this feature, but there’s nothing stopping other hosts from implementing it too. It’s a standard iOS11 AU feature. I expect at least Cubasis and BM3 to also do it at some point. And it would be a useful thing in the Audiobus3 Midi Section as well.

It generates standard MIDI data, so through AUM you can route it to wherever you like: other AUs, standalone apps, external hardware. You can have multiple sequencer, LFO and controller plugins all go into the same destination if you want. It’s MIDI, so it’s lightweight and universal. Yes, it can be recorded in other apps if they can record MIDI.

You can have something like chordflow send MIDI into the Odessa arpeggiator and send the outgoing arpeggio into Gadget or Cubasis. Basically: anything that can send or receive MIDI can interact with Odessa. And because AUM syncs nicely with Link, every Odessa plugin automatically syncs too.

Beautiful! It is exactly as I hoped. Thank you for clearing that up for me. :)

• @brambos hope you convince auria pro to jump on board...desperately needs sequencers and arpeggiators.

• A little tease here:

I’m running Zeeon, Troublmaker, Ripplemaker, RuisMaker, RuisMaker FM and iVCS 3 spring reverb I n AUM

Zeeon is sequenced by Odessa
    Zeeon is having its filter ‘played’ by Odessa
    RuisMaker and RuisMaker FM are being sequenced by Odessa
    The snare in RuisMaker is being altered by Odessa
    Troublemaker is having its filter ‘ played by Odessa
    iVCS3 spring reverb amount is being LFO’d by Odessa
    And plenty more besides

All this is running at a peak of 54% on an Air2 and all synced to AUMs transport controls. Saved as well for quick loading.

Very cool and so much fun B)

• Whaaaat, so there’s multi apps/sequencer types? I haven’t been keeping up. That LFO sounds wicked.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Whaaaat, so there’s multi apps/sequencer types? I haven’t been keeping up. That LFO sounds wicked.

Yeah, but I do wonder if it's possible to directly assign the 'LFO' using AUParameter names from the 'destination plug-in' or does the routing have to be done using midi-mapping on the host?

• edited November 2017

@Samu said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Whaaaat, so there’s multi apps/sequencer types? I haven’t been keeping up. That LFO sounds wicked.

Yeah, but I do wonder if it's possible to directly assign the 'LFO' using AUParameter names from the 'destination plug-in' or does the routing have to be done using midi-mapping on the host?

@Samu Simply point the LFO at AUMs internal midi (the box has cut it off in the picture), then set the channel and CC on the AUParameter for the host and the LFO itself. It’s pretty easy to set up once you know how.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samu Simply point the LFO at AUMs internal midi (the box has cut it off in the picture), then set the channel and CC on the AUParameter for the host and the LFO itself. It’s pretty easy to set up once you know how.

Cool!

Another 'module' suggestion then would be a custom wave (16 steps) for the LFO with optional interpolation between the values for smooth and stepped modulation :)

• Just being able to load an AUM session and seeing all those sequencers and AUs popping back into their respective circles is still bringing a big grin to my face. :)

• @Samu said:
    Cool!
    Another 'module' suggestion then would be a custom wave (16 steps) for the LFO with optional interpolation between the values for smooth and stepped modulation :)

Please PM me the use case you have in mind. I'm already planning further additions to the suite B)

• brambos, an audio Player with files support, like an AU clip launcher :)

• @brambos said:

@Samu said:
    Cool!

Please PM me the use case you have in mind. I'm already planning further additions to the suite B)

This is also the one thing I'm really missing in iOS: a sequencer in the likes of NI's Massive. VirSyn did a pretty good job with their Multi Segment Envelope Generator

• It makes so much sense to me after using - Host / AU audio apps / AU midi apps - all contained within the host and loaded with one click on a preset you’ve made!

AU midi interfaces and modulators are the future - this is where iOS modular really starts!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    It makes so much sense to me after using - Host / AU audio apps / AU midi apps - all contained within the host and loaded with one click on a preset you’ve made!

AU midi interfaces and modulators are the future - this is where iOS modular really starts!

If they just let me use midi as input source instead of fixed notes with actions. I want to play sequences.
    Otherwise, yes. It is about time these old things works on iOS too :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    It makes so much sense to me after using - Host / AU audio apps / AU midi apps - all contained within the host and loaded with one click on a preset you’ve made!

I agree :) I hope Apesoft releases his lfo modulator as an AU too.

• What’s the ETA for Odessa?