Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groovebox - what are your favorite feature requests?

Comments

• Update just landed.

• edited September 2017

Kind of a dumb update. Everybody wants to save user presets and instead we get a new shinier way to browse the Sound pack presets. There's a section called "mine", but are they really? No.

• I guess I'm realizing that preset save may never come :'(

• @db909 said:
    Kind of a dumb update. Everybody wants to save user presets and instead we get a new shinier way to browse the Sound pack presets. There's a section called "mine", but are they really? No.

I bought them, they're MINE!!!!!

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I guess I'm realizing that preset save may never come :'(

Yep. I like some things about this app but never use it as it seems so closed off.

• Always a good sign when @AmpifyxNovation are quiet. Usually means something cool is brewing! :)

• Yeah gonna stay positive and support the team! They've been great!

@SpookyZoo said:
    Always a good sign when @AmpifyxNovation are quiet. Usually means something cool is brewing! :)

• It's a sign of things when nobody really mentions the new sound packs when they come out- the people are wanting different things.......... but we want more only because it's so good in the first place. It needs to mature a bit though.

• @robosardine said:
    It's a sign of things when nobody really mentions the new sound packs when they come out- the people are wanting different things.......... but we want more only because it's so good in the first place. It needs to mature a bit though.

I dont think @AmpifyxNovation understands that I'll still buy the sound packs even with user presets. Why? To have something quick and inspiring to get me in the ballpark every time, then I'll tweak, save, repeat. And I'll keep doing that cause my own sounds will get old inevitably and the synths are so easy to program, starting with an init patch would just be boring. And by the way how many fully programmable software synths in 2017 DONT let the user save presets? This is not an analogue synth from the 60's for chrissakes.

• Exactly! The guy at the Swapmeet was selling car speakers and right in front another dude was selling too, I asked one hey are you selling? He said yep a lot and I asked the other, he said yep selling a lot too! Weird both were selling although they both sold same thing. Just goes to show, God blesses all hard work no matter how you see it. I know whether e get save presets or not,!people will buy packs cause they have that pro touch to them :o o:) <3

@db909 said:

@robosardine said:
    It's a sign of things when nobody really mentions the new sound packs when they come out- the people are wanting different things.......... but we want more only because it's so good in the first place. It needs to mature a bit though.

I dont think @AmpifyxNovation understands that I'll still buy the sound packs even with user presets. Why? To have something quick and inspiring to get me in the ballpark every time, then I'll tweak, save, repeat. And I'll keep doing that cause my own sounds will get old inevitably and the synths are so easy to program, starting with an init patch would just be boring. And by the way how many fully programmable software synths in 2017 DONT let the user save presets? This is not an analogue synth from the 60's for chrissakes.

@db909 said:

@robosardine said:

• Although not a huge update in terms of new functionality..I actually quite like the new browser, the main benefit being I can see more of the sounds in the list meaning a lot less scrolling trying to find that perfect one.

• Agree.

@AndyPlankton said:
    Although not a huge update in terms of new functionality..I actually quite like the new browser, the main benefit being I can see more of the sounds in the list meaning a lot less scrolling trying to find that perfect one.

• It's easy. Not buying anything else from them until you can save your own presets.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Although not a huge update in terms of new functionality..I actually quite like the new browser, the main benefit being I can see more of the sounds in the list meaning a lot less scrolling trying to find that perfect one.

Agreed. Having the keyboard and preset browser available at the same time is even better.

• @TheMediocritist said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Agreed. Having the keyboard and preset browser available at the same time is even better.

Yes this too....no more being restricted to the current pattern when browsing...makes a big difference.
    It also seems easier to choose a new random pattern when browsing presets on an existing track...that may just be me though :)

• 1: the Random "dice" button under the ". . ." menu needs to be there at all times in the toolbar - not hidden under a popups so it can be accessed with a single-click for fast access.
    2: GLOBAL KEYCHANGE FEATURE
    ---- a) add key-change via MIDI keyboard control
    ---- b) allow major/minor to be selected by playing the ROOT plus a major or minor 3rd interval. this is often done in hardware keyboard arrangers.
    ---- c) Allow a custom selection of - say 8 roots+scale combinations to be set up -and then triggered via on-screen pads - or better still via MIDI assignment - so a key change can be made via keyboard, launchpad pads etc etc..
    ----d) A biggie: Allow a change of key to be "launched" like ableton clips/scenes in-time and on the beginning of a new bar or ableton-link "quantum"
    ----e) Ultra biggie: "sequenced" key-change "progressions". So We can have 8 bars of C major 8 bars of A minor repeating in looped fashion. This maximises reuse of a single pattern in fab ways - specially for live improv use.

• As someone else said here - I personally don't think we need any more synths. the three in here have vast possibilities.

But instead - as an IAP offer AUDIOUNIT HOSTING.

• edited September 2017

It would be great if they would just fold Blocs Wave, Launchpad and Groovebox into one app. I would pay extra for that. Midi in and out out, too, of course.

NO NO NO. I like the simplicity of GB as it is. Better to have them separate but all AB3 compliant - and able to work together elegantly. In sync... State-saving and all.

GB is such an elegant simple beast. Best not to complicate it and thus spoil it.

But GB does need to provide enough options for use by serious musicians in a live performance/improv environment though.... just saying

• @dermichl said:
    just curious what you guys and gals are missing!

mine are:

Midi in/out/export

YES YES YES

UNDO

of course

have a solo entry next to mute
    scenes

only once they'e gone full "ABLETON SESSION" or something equivalent..

import my own samples into Drumbox

nah... not interested.

Copy notes from one clip to another

YES

Transpose/octave buttons

YES

more than 8 tracks

Nah - I'm fine with 8.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    I'd quite like export to Launchpad

But if I could only have one feature it would be UNDO.

I'd rather have an Ableton SESSION page mode... CONTROLLABLE by LaunchPad.

• @nrgb said:
    I find the piano roll really awkward. That would be first on my list, followed by midi in.

It actually implements some aspects of MIDI editing easier than other apps.

BUT there is a big issue around navigating patterns with more than one bar. No zoom out function, only way to see all bars is one at a time by dragging to the left. This is a challenging problem to solve iOS GUI-wise. But something better is needed. Better but also elegant.

• I just want Undo. There's so many times I'm hitting the dice looking for a cool pattern, only to wish I could actually go back to the pattern I heard a few before the one I just rolled.

• @Tarekith said:
    I just want Undo. There's so many times I'm hitting the dice looking for a cool pattern, only to wish I could actually go back to the pattern I heard a few before the one I just rolled.

Agreed. I have wants, but undo is a need.

• I'm not using this further until there's scenes

• Oh my gosh YES user presents!

3] User presets
    I’m very happy with the synths. I can squeeze just about any sound I can imagine from the Poly-8. Being able to store and retrieve those sounds would be great.

and importing/recording a sound and morphing it (that may not be in the scope of this particular app. I like doing that in launchpad.) and would love it for this one too.

• I just want integration with the other Novation apps and favorites. They have a favorites system with Launchpad why no favorites system with Groovebox ?

• It's so close so far away this one.

• edited August 2018

I stopped buying packs for Ampify apps 3 months ago.

When they start implementing the features they've been promising the past 2.5 years we can team up again.

They also promised they'd have a discussion with me if I sent them feedback on what features and improvements I'd be keen to see, and the numerous bugs I had found. Even started a thread to get other members opinions to pass on to them too.

Did that. Discussion didn't happen and still ignored. Unfortunately a pattern is emerging, which is a shame because @AmpifyxNovation 's Blocs and the Groovebox arrived in some fashion and could've been pivotal in helping take iOS music forward.

But I fear they're just not interested anymore.

Shame really.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    It's so close so far away this one.

:D ;) o:)

• edited August 2018

I would like to see them bring out some new packs for sale with a different name- but which sound almost Identical to the ones already there- and ignore every other potential improvements that have been promised a long time ago.
    I will keep my fingers crossed- here’s hoping..... you never know :p