Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groovebox - what are your favorite feature requests?

Comments

• @AndyPlankton said:
    At the end of the day Launchpad is the performance app and needs to stay rock solid, I wouldn't want any chance of that reliability being affected by adding other stuff to it.

But technically, it could be done, yes? If so, then it should be possible to add a performance mode button.

• More than one fader in view on iPhone.... plus what has already been mentioned, especially automation and midi...
    :smiley:

• @Zen210507 said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    At the end of the day Launchpad is the performance app and needs to stay rock solid, I wouldn't want any chance of that reliability being affected by adding other stuff to it.

But technically, it could be done, yes? If so, then it should be possible to add a performance mode button.

I guess so, I know I can run all 3 apps simultaneously on my Mini 2 within AUM with no problems.
    Ahh yes a performance mode button, kinda like a freeze ? so all processed stuff becomes rendered audio for playback ? That is pretty much what we have now, but by manually exporting to the LP App....

• @AndyPlankton said:

@JRSIV said:
    The scenes feature in Blocs is cool but it only allows scenes of mutes/solos, etc. to the one 8 part "groove" or "song" in the project to be selected.

Groovebox doesn't have a finite amount of elements, although I guess they could create a similar feature to the one in Blocs. But I'd prefer the ability to have two (maybe even three, but at least two) "grooves" per project so Part A & Part B would be possible.

So after making a groove from the drumbox(s) & synths there could be another groove made with entirely different sounds from the drums & synths. Then an A-B part switch could toggle between the two sections, A being the main bit with B being a breakdown, bridge or just another section. All within the same Groovebox project.

Of course this can be done by making a full "A groove" in Groovebox, export it to a Auria/Cubasis/BM3 project, then make another groove in Groovebox ("B") and export it to the same DAW session as Part A. To me it'd be nice to compose both in the same Groovebox project/session and when finished THEN export out to a DAW, if needed.

This IS how it works on blocs, the only restriction is that the sections all share the same key and tempo, but they can have completely different loops in them ...and I would imagine the same for Groovebox if sections do indeed get added. Different keys per section would be nice, but that is more for Blocs, with Groovebox you can just play the chords you need for the different keys you want, although currently this is limited to chords using the same notes as the base key.

I do dream of having the ability to have the different Blocs sections set to different keys....would really help the song flow/writing...

• @db909 said:
    I have discovered that randomly layering 8 tracks of drum loops and then tweaking with abandon leads to some killer, KILLER, drum beats. Like "oh this is what they mean by 'groovebox'"

Heh, that's exactly how like to I use Blocs Wave.

• Music with only one chord is cool, but for me personally I want more out of life.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Music with only one chord is cool, but for me personally I want more out of life.

Hey, it was good enough for John Coltrane, it's good enough for me :)

• midi midi midi!!!

1. midi in
    2. midi out
    3. midi learn
    4. program change
    5. bank change
    6. fix clicks at start of exported wav files
  • edited August 2017

@nrgb said:
    I find the piano roll really awkward. That would be first on my list...

You mean when you try to grab the end of a note to lengthen it and it moves instead (or worse, deletes)? That needs fixing. Zoom out would be handy too.

Music with only one chord is cool, but for me personally I want more out of life.

thete are many chords in a single key.......and a master key unlocks many locks

• @AndyPlankton said:

MIDI CLOCK. To enable sync to external sequencers and synths without the use of an additional app that requires app switching when starting everything playing.

+1000

• Automation , Automation , Automation and Preset Save Option

• Thought the update would of being out by now

• @CRAKROX said:
    Sampler/Sample editor would be my top request.

How great would it be if they added a sampler as a new instrument? Nothing too complex, something like Patterning has, plus the relevant filters and effects found on the current synths.

• @AmpifyxNovation some big Groovebox fans here including me. As well as the other requests in this thread, I would love to see:

Export MIDI pattern as .mid
    Lock tempo when browsing kits and patterns.

Ta!

• Yah... midi out or midi export... sure.. :(

This is why you combine it with a daw of some sort for the real deal! Record a pattern for a bar or two then make changes to patterns slightly and record again in next chord and keep stacking for as long as you like.

• @Tritonman said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

This is why you combine it with a daw of some sort for the real deal! Record a pattern for a bar or two then make changes to patterns slightly and record again in next chord and keep stacking for as long as you like.

Plush won!

• I bought nearly all IAP, as I thought this could be the next Gadget.
    But without AudioBus MIDI In and Out, at best multi-channel, this will just sit and wait in a folder instead.

So:

MIDI
    MIDI
    MIDI

• @TheMediocritist said:
    1] Midi input and chromatic scale
    This is top of the list because without it I can’t use my Novation keyboard with a Novation app. Midi export would be nice, but probably doesn’t fit with the strategy here, and that’s okay.

2] Scenes
    The way Blocs Wave works would be fine.

3] User presets
    I’m very happy with the synths. I can squeeze just about any sound I can imagine from the Poly-8. Being able to store and retrieve those sounds would be great.

4] Project export to Blocs Wave and Launchpad apps
    Export to Launchpad would be a decent substitute for a full pattern/scene sequencer in Groovebox. An option to sequentially play scenes in Groovebox would be enough; when more is needed, Launchpad it.

+1

• @Tritonman said:

I fit much more than 1 chord into the 8 bars we’ve got, so not quite sure what he’s getting at. The greyed out 16 bar option is a constant reminder that I’m limited to 8 bar progressions though. I get around this by duplicating the first pattern/instrument and editing the copy, but this reduces the number of instrument layers it can hold. Scenes will be great when they arrive.

I really dig this app, and keep coming back to it. It’s so perfectly put together.
    It achieves a magic only a handful of iPad apps (of any purpose) have managed - to intersect the analog and digital in a way that feels entirely natural, and produce results that exceed what I can achieve in either domain alone. That’s where the special sauce is; it captures what’s in my head and makes it sound better than it has any right to, given my musical ability.

• edited September 2017

Scenes, like in Blocs Wave
    MIDI out
    A guitar module

• Synth presets, scenes, automation, blah blah blah

• @db909 said:
    blah blah blah

>

Some kind of vocoder? ;)

• iCloud sync. Sketch an idea on iPhone on the go, flesh it out on the iPad later.

• @TheMediocritist said:

@Tritonman said:

I fit much more than 1 chord into the 8 bars we’ve got, so not quite sure what he’s getting at.

People seem to be confusing Key for Chord...a single Key has many chords

• I really wish a pattern could be driven via midi where it would change depending on the chord being played. That would make GV fit more into my workflow as I other apps playing different parts.