Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groovebox - what are your favorite feature requests?

just curious what you guys and gals are missing!

mine are:

Midi in/out/export
UNDO
have a solo entry next to mute
scenes
import my own samples into Drumbox
Copy notes from one clip to another
Transpose/octave buttons
more than 8 tracks

Comments

• All your ideas are on my wishlist also :)

• do you have additional requests?

• edited August 2017

Knob turn recording/automation. Also, until there is a scene mode or whatever, it would be preferable if duplicating a project just appended a number to duplicates so instead of "copy copy copy", it'll be just 1,2,3, and so on

• edited August 2017

MIDI output would get me using the app but honestly I don't think I would buy any IAP... which kind of makes me think they won't add it.

• I'd quite like export to Launchpad

But if I could only have one feature it would be UNDO.

• I find the piano roll really awkward. That would be first on my list, followed by midi in.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    MIDI in

Definitely coming, Jeff.

• More synths would be nice. It's already has Link, so I'm not bothered about midi out. Maybe Midi in?....... Defiantly more tracks.....

• Automation is a must for me.
    More synths- and yes the piano roll is awkward- I find that too. When you try to move it up or down- you end up putting a note in. A margin would be good.

• Fade Out / Decay either preset-small-but-enough-to-eliminate-clicks or user adjustable for the Drumbox Waveform length slider. Especially kick drums get insta-pops when shortening as it is now because of the zero-fade slider endpoint.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    MIDI in

• @Zen210507 said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    MIDI in

Definitely coming, Jeff.

Great!
    It is such a great sounding synth, and I would love to control it in other ways.

• ALBALB
    edited August 2017

It would be great if they would just fold Blocs Wave, Launchpad and Groovebox into one app. I would pay extra for that. Midi in and out out, too, of course.

• 1] Midi input and chromatic scale
    This is top of the list because without it I can’t use my Novation keyboard with a Novation app. Midi export would be nice, but probably doesn’t fit with the strategy here, and that’s okay.

2] Scenes
    The way Blocs Wave works would be fine.

3] User presets
    I’m very happy with the synths. I can squeeze just about any sound I can imagine from the Poly-8. Being able to store and retrieve those sounds would be great.

4] Project export to Blocs Wave and Launchpad apps
    Export to Launchpad would be a decent substitute for a full pattern/scene sequencer in Groovebox. An option to sequentially play scenes in Groovebox would be enough; when more is needed, Launchpad it.

• edited August 2017

@ALB said:
    It would be great if they would just fold Blocs Wave, Launchpad and Groovebox into one app. I would pay extra for that. Midi in and out out, too, of course.

Indeed, I hope one day they just make a big old high end, kick ass, end all be all, hakuna matata.

• Must. Save. Presets.

• edited August 2017

I have discovered that randomly layering 8 tracks of drum loops and then tweaking with abandon leads to some killer, KILLER, drum beats. Like "oh this is what they mean by 'groovebox'"

• The scenes feature in Blocs is cool but it only allows scenes of mutes/solos, etc. to the one 8 part "groove" or "song" in the project to be selected.

Groovebox doesn't have a finite amount of elements, although I guess they could create a similar feature to the one in Blocs. But I'd prefer the ability to have two (maybe even three, but at least two) "grooves" per project so Part A & Part B would be possible.

So after making a groove from the drumbox(s) & synths there could be another groove made with entirely different sounds from the drums & synths. Then an A-B part switch could toggle between the two sections, A being the main bit with B being a breakdown, bridge or just another section. All within the same Groovebox project.

Of course this can be done by making a full "A groove" in Groovebox, export it to a Auria/Cubasis/BM3 project, then make another groove in Groovebox ("B") and export it to the same DAW session as Part A. To me it'd be nice to compose both in the same Groovebox project/session and when finished THEN export out to a DAW, if needed.

• @JRSIV said:
    The scenes feature in Blocs is cool but it only allows scenes of mutes/solos, etc. to the one 8 part "groove" or "song" in the project to be selected.

I think that’s where Launchpad comes in - each scene gets a row, and each pattern can be triggered live or as a synced loop. And you’ve got the mixer and effects modes too.

• @ALB said:

I can't see that ever happening, but I'd live to see a unified app from these guys.

• @JRSIV said:
    But I'd prefer the ability to have two (maybe even three, but at least two) "grooves" per project so Part A & Part B would be possible.

Really good idea.

• edited August 2017

@JRSIV said:
    The scenes feature in Blocs is cool but it only allows scenes of mutes/solos, etc. to the one 8 part "groove" or "song" in the project to be selected.

Groovebox doesn't have a finite amount of elements, although I guess they could create a similar feature to the one in Blocs. But I'd prefer the ability to have two (maybe even three, but at least two) "grooves" per project so Part A & Part B would be possible.

So after making a groove from the drumbox(s) & synths there could be another groove made with entirely different sounds from the drums & synths. Then an A-B part switch could toggle between the two sections, A being the main bit with B being a breakdown, bridge or just another section. All within the same Groovebox project.

Of course this can be done by making a full "A groove" in Groovebox, export it to a Auria/Cubasis/BM3 project, then make another groove in Groovebox ("B") and export it to the same DAW session as Part A. To me it'd be nice to compose both in the same Groovebox project/session and when finished THEN export out to a DAW, if needed.

This IS how it works on blocs, the only restriction is that the sections all share the same key and tempo, but they can have completely different loops in them ...and I would imagine the same for Groovebox if sections do indeed get added. Different keys per section would be nice, but that is more for Blocs, with Groovebox you can just play the chords you need for the different keys you want, although currently this is limited to chords using the same notes as the base key.

• @TheMediocritist said:

4] Project export to Blocs Wave and Launchpad apps
    Export to Launchpad would be a decent substitute for a full pattern/scene sequencer in Groovebox. An option to sequentially play scenes in Groovebox would be enough; when more is needed, Launchpad it.

I'd like the above to have a merge option when exporting to Launchpad...I will often have Groovebox and Blocs Wave both running linked, and want the loops from both to end up in Launchpad.

• @dermichl said:
    just curious what you guys and gals are missing!

mine are:

Midi in/out/export
    UNDO
    have a solo entry next to mute
    scenes
    import my own samples into Drumbox
    Copy notes from one clip to another
    Transpose/octave buttons
    more than 8 tracks

Yes to all of these, not sure I need more than 8 tracks though.

• Sampler/Sample editor would be my top request.

• @Zen210507 said:

@ALB said:

I can't see that ever happening, but I'd live to see a unified app from these guys.

Last time I inquired about this, I was told that the audio engines are optimised in different ways and that it would be difficult to put it all in one.
    At the end of the day Launchpad is the performance app and needs to stay rock solid, I wouldn't want any chance of that reliability being affected by adding other stuff to it.

• As an additional request to those already mentioned here I would like to see

Either an arp or macro functions for adding set patterns of notes or note repeat, to allow faster entering of notes in the grid.
    Chord function. It is tricky playing chords particularly on a small screen, and impossible if you've got multi touch gestures enabled.
    MIDI CLOCK. To enable sync to external sequencers and synths without the use of an additional app that requires app switching when starting everything playing.

• But they want to sell us patterns....