Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SUN VOX: Unwrapping the mysteries..............

1235»

Comments

• @SevenSystems said:
    @Littlewoodg what if you've noticed that you've just constructed a great synth INSIDE AN ALREADY EXISTING project, and THEN want to save THAT synth's modules alone to a new MetaModule (IMHO, the most frequent situation you'd actually be in regarding new MetaModules!)?

A workaround would be save the project if you like it, then save a second version with everything but the great synth deleted.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@SevenSystems said:
    @Littlewoodg what if you've noticed that you've just constructed a great synth INSIDE AN ALREADY EXISTING project, and THEN want to save THAT synth's modules alone to a new MetaModule (IMHO, the most frequent situation you'd actually be in regarding new MetaModules!)?

A workaround would be save the project if you like it, then save a second version with everything but the great synth deleted.

Isn't that even worse, because then you have to manually DELETE every single module APART from the ones you want to keep? :D

• @SevenSystems said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@SevenSystems said:

Isn't that even worse, because then you have to manually DELETE every single module APART from the ones you want to keep? :D

Worse than what...? :)

• @Littlewoodg said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@SevenSystems said:

OK, I see :) well, actually, I'm not sure if you can copy and paste modules between projects, but if you can, then the other way would be to copy and paste each individual module and then recreate the connections from memory (in your head, not the device) :D

• edited October 2018

Thanks for the followup thoughts, fellas.

Now to learn how to move my Sunvox project off of my iPhone and onto my iPad.... or at least learn how to copy/export the project from my iPhone onto desktop Sunvox.

• @GovernorSilver said:

Now to learn how to move my Sunvox project off of my iPhone and onto my iPad.... or at least learn how to copy/export the project from my iPhone onto desktop Sunvox.

SunVox has a built-in wifi-server to make this easy :)
    (The WiFi drive is enabled on the open or save menus using the Wi-Fi button at the bottom of the screen).

If both iPhone and iPad are on iOS11 or iOS12 it's possible to use the Files.app to 'Airdrop' the files between devices.

• @Samu said:

@GovernorSilver said:

(The WiFi drive is enabled on the open or save menus using the Wi-Fi button at the bottom of the screen).

If both iPhone and iPad are on iOS11 or iOS12 it's possible to use the Files.app to 'Airdrop' the files between devices.

@Samu++

Thanks, will give this a try!

• @Samu said:

@GovernorSilver said:

I tried Export/Import to WiFi, and followed the instruction to enter the specific HTTP URL in my desktop computer browser. However, I got a Site Cannot Be Reached in the desktop browser.

What am I missing?

• @GovernorSilver said:

@Samu said:

@GovernorSilver said:

I tried Export/Import to WiFi, and followed the instruction to enter the specific HTTP URL in my desktop computer browser. However, I got a Site Cannot Be Reached in the desktop browser.

What am I missing?

Did you also and the port number (8080).
    Maybe there a firewall protecting or blocking the port?

I presume both devices are on the same network?

• @SevenSystems said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@SevenSystems said:

OK, I see :) well, actually, I'm not sure if you can copy and paste modules between projects, but if you can, then the other way would be to copy and paste each individual module and then recreate the connections from memory (in your head, not the device) :D

Story of my life......

• @Samu said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Samu said:

@GovernorSilver said:

What am I missing?

Yes, both iMac and iPhone connect to the same WiFi network in my house. iPad too. I'm sure I included port 8080 in the URL, as the app includes the port number in the instructions. But you might be right about my wireless router blocking the 8080 port. I will try starting a Jetty server on my iMac and see if my browser can connect to it.

Any idea what the URL is? Is it the URL to Mr. Zolotov's server in Russia?

• @GovernorSilver said:

@Samu said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Samu said:

@GovernorSilver said:

What am I missing?

Yes, both iMac and iPhone connect to the same WiFi network in my house. iPad too. I'm sure I included port 8080 in the URL, as the app includes the port number in the instructions. But you might be right about my wireless router blocking the 8080 port. I will try starting a Jetty server on my iMac and see if my browser can connect to it.

No, it’s just a local web server running on your iPad...
    The IP adress is the same your iPad has when it’s connected to your local netwrk...

• @Samu said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Samu said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Samu said:

@GovernorSilver said:

What am I missing?

The IP adress is the same your iPad has when it’s connected to your local netwrk...

I see. I just tried entering the IP address on my computer at work, and the browser (Chrome) connected to the web server on my iPhone without a problem.

So maybe the wireless router at my house has a built-in firewall blocking port 8080.

• @GovernorSilver said:

@Samu said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Samu said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@Samu said:

@GovernorSilver said:

What am I missing?

I see. I just tried entering the IP address on my computer at work, and the browser (Chrome) connected to the web server on my iPhone without a problem.

So maybe the wireless router at my house has a built-in firewall blocking port 8080.

Or maybe they are not on the same network?
    Port 8080 is usually never blocked by default on internal/local networks so something else is fishy...

• Now that I think about it, the router might actually be running a 2nd network - there's a default network, and a "5G" network - same name as the default with "5G" added to the end.

OTOH, it might be possible that the Sunvox app on my iPhone was fooled by the router - it's giving me the IP address of the router instead of my iMac.

• @GovernorSilver said:
    Now that I think about it, the router might actually be running a 2nd network - there's a default network, and a "5G" network - same name as the default with "5G" added to the end.

OTOH, it might be possible that the Sunvox app on my iPhone was fooled by the router - it's giving me the IP address of the router instead of my iMac.

That might explain a thing or two...

What I usually do in those cases is give both networks(2.4G & 5G) the same name to avoid confusion and try to only have one DHCP service running on the local network so regardless of which (2.4 or 5G) network the devices connect to they have access to all the devices. I also try to avoid running multiple Wifi-Routers at the same time to avoid slowdowns.(For example I've turned off the Wifi on the ISP's router since I have my own Time Capsule that handles Wifi).

Hope you'll get it up and running :)

• @GovernorSilver said:
    Now that I think about it, the router might actually be running a 2nd network - there's a default network, and a "5G" network - same name as the default with "5G" added to the end.

Now that’s AD HOCK!

• Well, this time I was able to access the URL of my iPhone (SunVox) web server from my desktop Chrome browser. Don't know why it didn't work yesterday. No AD HOCK bullshit required.

• edited October 2018

@GovernorSilver said:
    Well, this time I was able to access the URL of my iPhone (SunVox) web server from my desktop Chrome browser. Don't know why it didn't work yesterday. No AD HOCK bullshit required.

The fun twist in the tale is that the iPad or iPhone that SunVox is on is also able to open the Sunvox WiFi connection, and move files in-device, which was a trick I heard about here (that was very nice to know before SunVox got its access to Files app on. The WiFi takes you to the Document Picker which is a door into Files app)

Given Files app in SunVox now I’m as likely to send SunVox projects to other devices via DropBox or a cloud service.

• Ok, got my project transferred to my iPad, as well as backed up on the desktop computer via the WiFi server function.

I had to restart my iPhone, though, because a couple of hours after I was able to access the iPhone server, the browser would not load it anymore.

Next step: Decide which multitracker/DAW app to use to overdub a guitar part.

• @GovernorSilver said:
    Ok, got my project transferred to my iPad, as well as backed up on the desktop computer via the WiFi server function.

I had to restart my iPhone, though, because a couple of hours after I was able to access the iPhone server, the browser would not load it anymore.

Why don't you use SnuOvx to record the guitar part as well?

• @Jocphone said:

@GovernorSilver said:
    Ok, got my project transferred to my iPad, as well as backed up on the desktop computer via the WiFi server function.

This thread said it couldn't be done. I'm sure I'm missing something though - probably a more recent development.

http://www.warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3940

• @GovernorSilver said:

@Jocphone said:

@GovernorSilver said:

This thread said it couldn't be done. I'm sure I'm missing something though - probably a more recent development.

http://www.warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3940

Are you recording from more than one source at a time? If not, then an input into a sampler will serve you fine, maybe with some amp/compression to boost levels.

• edited October 2018

The SunVox Sampler Module can start and stop recording on play start and stop and once the audio is recorded it needs to be put in a pattern to trigger it's playback.(I've not checked how long the samples can be though).

It's just a matter of creating an input module, routing it to the sampler and setting the sampler start & stop options and routing the sampler to the output to hear it.